Metal News for May 31, 2003
Last updated on April 19, 2015 at 6:00 AM ET
We post metal news every day, throughout the day, covering thousands of metal bands including underground and unsigned bands. You are currently browsing the news archive, but you can also find news by band.
4 news articles posted on this day.
Tartarean Desire has three new interviews with:
- Swedish melodic death metallers Dark Tranquillity
- Spanish power metal band Dark Moor
- Swedish brutal death metal band Paganizer
Tartarean Desire has a bunch of new reviews:
- Aborym - With No Human Intervention (black metal, 2003)
- Amon Amarth - Versus The World (death metal, 2002)
- Barathrum - Okkult (black metal, 2000)
- Blackmore's Night - Under A Violet Moon (medieval / folk, 1999)
- Cage - Darker Than Black (power metal, 2003)
- Candlemass - Tales Of Creation (doom metal, 1989)
- Cathedral - Carnival Bizarre (doom metal, 1995)
- Cobolt 60 - Meat Hook Ballet (thrash metal, 2002)
- Emperor - Prometheus: The Discipline Of Fire & Demise (black metal, 2001)
- Graveworm - Engraved In Black (black metal, 2003)
- In Flames - The Jester Race (melodic death metal, 1996)
- Negurã Bunget - 'N Crugu Bradului (black metal, 2003)
- The Project Hate MCMXCIX - When We Are Done Your
- Flesh Will Be Ours (death metal, 2001)
- Rhapsody - Dawn Of Victory (power metal, 2000)
- Sigh - Imaginary Sonicscape (black metal, 2001)
- Soilwork - The Chainheart Machine (death / thrash metal, 1999)
- Swallow The Sun - Out Of This Gloomy Light (doom metal, 2003)
Los Angeles-based rockers MY RUIN have signed an exclusive worldwide contract with Century Media. With Speak & Destroy, A Prayer Under Pressure Of Violent Anguish, and the limited release To Britain With Love And Bruises (Live) to their credit - in addition to a dedicated worldwide fan base - their full-length Century Media debut album, The Horror Of Beauty (co-produced by Mick Murphy, Todd Osenbaugh, and Nick Raskulinecz of Foo Fighter, Marilyn Manson, and Danzig fame) is tentatively scheduled for an October release.
Following the break-up of Tura Satana (previously called Manhole) in late 1998, veteran vocalist/spoken word artist Tairrie B. concentrated on a solo career recording as MY RUIN. The idea to form a new band came after touring through Europe with future MY RUIN bassist Meghan Mattox . The pair eventually met up with songwriter/guitarist Mick Murphy, and the hard-hitting drummer Yael was soon recruited into the fold, cementing an entirely new musical vision. Since their inception, MY RUIN have headlined tours in Europe, toured with Kittie in the U.S., and were voted "Best Hard Rock/Metal Band" by readers in the L.A. Weekly Awards in June 2002. More...
Former EUROPE drummer Ian Haugland has teamed up with several of his DJ colleagues at Sweden's biggest classic rock station "106.7 Rockklassiker" to release the single "Rock 'n' Roll Allright" under the band name TEN 67 . The track, which features Haugland on lead vocals for the first time ever, marks the first project for new label and studio Canvas , formed by former KISS Army Sweden president Johan Kihlberg and LION'S SHARE guitarist Lars Chriss , who also produced and mixed the song. "Rock 'n' Roll Allright" is already on the A-rotation list on 106.7 Rockklassiker and the band will soon do some live shows to promote it. Look for TEN 67 to appear at this year's Sweden Rock Festival alongside such acts as WHITESNAKE , QUEENSRŸCHE and SEPULTURA . More information on the label and studio can be found at