Metal News for March 17, 2002
Last updated on July 1, 2016 at 11:08 AM ET
We post metal news every day, throughout the day, covering thousands of metal bands including underground and unsigned bands. You are currently browsing the news archive, but you can also find news by band.
6 news articles posted on this day.
Civilian, the new band featuring three former members of Rage Against The Machine and ex-Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell, will be appearing on the US Ozzfest tour this year. Their debut album is due out in the summer on Epic.
The drummer from Thoten, Marcos Barzo, who was stabbed twice in a robbery in his own home more than a month ago has made a fantastic recovery and is already back to physical and musical activities. Marcos started exercising at the gym with stretching classes and light walking. Barzo began to give drumming class and to rehearse [moderately] the play list of the "Beyond Tour". The drummer may return to Thoten shows in the mid of April, probably in Rio de Janeiro.
Currently, Marcos Barzo will be replaced by the drummer Eduardo Garcia, from São Paulo, during the concerts in Peru..
Halford are the latest band confirmed for this year’s Wacken Festival, which happens from August 1-3.
- Tartareans Desire interviews German death / thrash metal band Dew-Scented who recently released their first album for Nuclear Blast.
- Electric Basement interviews Iced Earth's John Schaeffer on possibly leaving Century Media, Demons and Wizards and more!
Still catching up on back-logged email... Tartarean Desire has new reviews since last week:
- Aeba - 'Rebellion - Edens Asch' (black metal, 2001)
- Bethlehem - Schatten Aus Der Alexander Welt (industrial, 2001)
- The Wounded - Monument (gothic rock / metal, 2002)
- Dream Theater - Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence (progressive metal, 2002)
- Ravager - Storm Of Sin (death metal, 2002)
- Adagio - Sanctus Ignis (progressive metal, 2001)
- Summon - Dark Descent Of Fallen Souls (black / death metal, 1996)
- Daemusinem - Daemusinem Domine Empire (death metal, 2002)
- Norther - Dreams Of Endless War (black / death metal, 2002)
- Cadaveria - The Shadows' Madame (black / thrash metal, 2002)
- Kalmah - They Will Return (death metal, 2002)
And Heavy Metal Universe has four more as well:
- Udo - Man and machine (fr / uk)
- At Vance - Only human (fr / uk)
- Iron Maiden - Killers (fr only)
- Motorhead - On parole (fr only)
It seems that the DNS change for the new host has propogated everywhere by now. This just means that metalunderground.com is automatically resolving to the new server. I have not yet turned on my advertising on the new host and can see that I've only had one impression (on the old hosted site) since yesterday... I'll be banging out the remaining bugs since the switch today, so if you continue to find any more bugs, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your patience and support!