Metal News for March 10, 2002
Last updated on May 29, 2015 at 7:38 AM ET
We post metal news every day, throughout the day, covering thousands of metal bands including underground and unsigned bands. You are currently browsing the news archive, but you can also find news by band.
9 news articles posted on this day.
The long awaited 26 track double CD "Anthology" by the NWOBHM band Legend (Jersey, UK) was released on the 26th of February 2002 on the Monster Records label. The set also includes a 16 page booklet detailing the history of the band/info on the NWOBHM movement and full lyrics.
McFairlaine toys, the manufacturer of the Metallica Action Figures has discontinued making them. However, the figures are still available in many shops if you have a desire to light one afire.
Sick Of It All have been forced to cancel all remaining dates on their current US tour with Thursday, due to family illness.
[Ed. sorry, couldn't resist] Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson is the latest name to be confirmed for this year’s Wacken Festival, which happens in Germany from August 1-3. He’ll perform a solo set.
Swedish power metal heroes Hammerfall are about to start work on their next album with producer Charlie Bauernfiend. The band are also putting together a new DVD/longform video called ‘The Second Crusade.’
Although they’ve still not inked a new deal, Sepultura are reportedly working on songs for their next album. The band will also play shows in their native Brazil during April and May.
While Tool’s live commitments will keep them busy until at least June, Maynard James Keenan has found time to start work on the second album with A Perfect Circle. The band are still a long way from having material ready for the album, but Keenan’s involvement should end recent speculation that he doesn’t intend to retain any interest in A Perfect Circle.
- Tartarean Desire interviews Swedish heavy metal band Falconer
Tartarean Desire has a bunch of new reviews for you:
- Kaul - [demo cd] (darkwave metal, 2001)
- Green Carnation - Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness (doom metal, 2001)
- Sadistik Exekution - Fukk (black metal, 2002)
- Nærvær - Skiftninger (ambient / melancholic, 2001)
- Vision Divine - Send Me An Angel (epic metal, 2002)
- Callenish Circle - Flesh_Power_Dominion (death metal, 2002)
- Thyrfing - Urkraft (viking metal, 2000)
- Theatre Of Tragedy - Assembly (industrial metal, 2002)
- Solar Dawn - Equinoctium (death metal, 2002)
- Beheaded - Recounts Of Disembodiment (death metal, 2002)
And Metal Reviews cranks out another seven:
- Black Label Society - 1919 Eternal
- Entombed - Morning Star
- Manigance - Ange Ou Démon
- Metalium - Hero-Nation
- Rhapsody - Power of the Dragonflame
- Various Artists - A Tribute To The Beast
- Vhäldemar - Fight To The End