Metal News for March 20, 2003
Last updated on March 30, 2015 at 4:51 PM ET
We post metal news every day, throughout the day, covering thousands of metal bands including underground and unsigned bands. You are currently browsing the news archive, but you can also find news by band.
14 news articles posted on this day.
Tartarean Desire returns with some more sporadic metal reviews:
- Absorbed - Visions In Bloodred (death metal, 2002)
- Axis Of Advance - The List (extreme metal, 2002)
- The Blood Divine - Rise Pantheon Dreams (gothic / doom metal, 2002)
- Blood Red Throne - A Taste For Blood (death metal, 2002)
- Dark Age - The Silent Republic (dark / thrash metal, 2002)
- Decayed - Ten Years Of Steel (black metal, 2001)
- Descend - Requiem Of Flame (death metal, 2002)
- Einherjer - Norwegian Native Art (viking metal, 2000)
- Eternal Lies - Spiritual Deception (melodic death metal, 2002)
- Hollenthon - Domus Mundi (extreme symphonic metal, 1999)
- Kabbal - Synthetically Revived (death metal, 2002)
- Malevolent Creation - The Will To Kill (death metal, 2002)
- My Dying Bride - The Light At The End Of The World (doom metal, 1999)
- Nomenmortis - The Day You'll Lose Your Head (death metal, 2002)
- Noumena - Pride / Fall (melodic death metal, 2002)
- Rainbow - Rising (heavy metal / hard rock, 1976)
- Reprobation - Undoing Creation (death metal, 2002)
- Satyricon - Volcano (black metal, 2002)
- Savatage - Gutter Ballet (heavy metal, 1989)
- Severe Torture - Butchery Of The Soul (death metal, 2002)
- Tzefa - Feed Me (progressive nu-metal, 2002)
- Unsilence - A Walk Through Oceans (doom metal, 2002)
The SoCal quintet Shiva has changed their name to Eyes of Fire and have just finished tracking their debut release with producer Cameron Webb (Danzig, Monster Magnet). The album, described as a mix of Pink Floyd, Sepultura, and Neurosis, will contain an enhanced video section with live footage and possibly a video clip. EYES OF FIRE will release their Century Media debut EP in June, soon to be followed by their debut full-length CD, tentatively scheduled for a late summer release. A title for the full length has yet to be disclosed and some song titles for their upcoming full-length debut include The End Result Of Falling, Empty, Shelter, Anyone and Fly Away. They will be hitting the road in late April for a brief west coast run to test out their new material.
Slipknot are expected to start work on their new album with producer Rick Rubin very shortly. As yet untitled, it does have a tentative release date of late October. This is rumoured to be the band’s last record.
Line up changes for Malevolence. Drummer Gustavo Costa was replaced by Joel Silva, who has been rehearsing with the band since November 2002. The band is preparing their third studio album, which is scheduled for an early 2004 release.
Darkthrone's new album is finished and is scheduled for an April 8th release through Moonfog. The band completed the recordings and mixing for Hate Them in a mere 26 hours.
Relapse Records will release Mortician's Darkest Day of Horror on the 22nd of April 2003. For all the die-hard fans, there is a limited edition of this album available at every Mortician show. Or you can order it directly through their website (be quiet since there's only few copies left).
The guys have also released their first official live album, Final Bloodbath Session, through Primitive Recordings and it features a real drummer (no drum-machine this time).
Agoraphobic Nosebleed announce new album. Their new disc, Altered States Of America, will be released through Relapse Records on April 1st 2003. You can expect 100 acid grind "hits" that will make the weak hearted tremble.
The tracks are as follows: More...
God Dethroned will be headlining the Death Across America tour, which starts at the end of May. The lineup is God Dethroned, Skinless, Divine Empire and All Out War. Tour dates will be announced shortly at God Dethroned’s website, www.goddethroned.com
Destruction, Callenish Circle and Desaster are among the artists scheduled to appear at the Painkiller Metalfest at Pheonix in Liege, Belgium on May 3.
The complete list of acts currently set to perform at the event is as follows:
For more information, visit www.painkiller-records.com.
Polish black/death metallers Behemoth are the latest addition to the Danzig-headlined "Blackest of The Black" festival mini-tour, set to take place in early May.
The revamped lineup for "Blackest of The Black" now looks as follows:
Other groups are expected to be announced soon.
Confirmed dates so far are as follows: More...
Amorphis have inked a deal with EMI Records for the release of their new CD, "Far From The Sun", due in Finland in May. The album's first single, "Day Of Your Beliefs", will surface in early April.
The complete track listing for "Far From The Sun" is as follows: More...
More details have emerged about the memorial concert for Finntroll/Impaled Nazarene guitarist Teemu "Somnium" Raimoranta, who died Sunday morning (March 16) from injuries sustained in an accidental fall he took while intoxicated.
The gig will take place on Tuesday, March 25 at Nosturi in Helsinki and will feature the following lineup:
09:00 p.m. BARATHRUM
10:00 p.m. ENSIFERUM
11:00 p.m. IMPALED NAZARENE
12:00 a.m. FINNTROLL More...
Veteran Polish death metallers Vader have posted their cover of Depeche Mode's "I.F.Y." at this location. The track was originally released several years ago on a mini-CD of the same name.
Finnish goth metallers H.I.M. have added several more festival appearance to their upcoming itinerary.
Confirmed dates so far are as follows:
May 30 – Madrid, ESP @ Festimad
Jun. 07 - Monza, ITA @ A Day At The Border
Jun. 21 – NETH @ Waldrock
Jun. 27 - Vizovice, CZ @ Masters Of Rock
Jul. 04 – DEN @ Midtfyns
Jul. 11 – SWE @ Arvika Festival
Jul. 12 – NETH @ Bospop
Jul. 16 - Athens, GRE @ Lycabettus Theatre More...