The Rockstar Ramblings: The Crue Top 25
Band Photo: Motley Crue (?)
News spread fast regarding Motley Crue becoming the first hard rock band to take up residency in Las Vegas. It was announced that starting in February the band will be playing nightly shows at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino. In light of this semi-groundbreaking news a look (IMO) of the top 25 Crue songs to date. Note that although personal opinion was weighted heavily, I also took into account popularity, videos, etc…
Honorable mentions include Danger and Too Young To Fall in Love (Shout at The Devil), Too Fast For Love (Too Fast For Love), Rock and Roll Junkie (Decade of Decadence) and Keep Your Eye On The Money (Theatre of Pain) which really seems like a great song to put on a Vegas set list, but doesn’t make my top 25.
25. Bitter Pill (Greatest Hits)
This was one of two singles added to the second or third Motley Crue Greatest Hits album. This album would be followed by what seemed two hundred greatest hits albums over the next five years.
24. Take Me To The Top (Too Fast For Love)
Very underrated and also one of the first demos the band released. The original vision of Kiss meets New York Dolls plus a twist is evident in this song.
23. This Ain’t a Love Song (Saints of Los Angeles)
Hard hitting sleaze song in which Vince Neil nails the vocals.
22. Primal Scream (Decade of Decadence)
21. Find Myself (Generation Swine)
The only track included from the Generation Swine album; I remember when I first bought the CD and threw it in on my drive home from Best Buy. The song Find Myself brought a smile to my face. By song five I had moved on. Eventually Steve Jobs would give us the iPod which is made to pull one song from an album.
20. Same Ole’ Situation (Dr. Feelgood)
A great live video, BUT I still say this is their second best….
19. Dancing on Glass (Girls, Girls, Girls)
So in The Dirt and The Heroin Diaries Nikki Sixx tells us that all the songs OTHER than Wild Side and Girls, Girls, Girls are essentially shit. Thanks Nikki. Anyway, I always thought this was a pretty strong song.
18. Saints of Los Angeles (Saints of Los Angeles)
17. She Goes Down (Dr. Feelgood)
Just the type of SIDE B dirty anthem that Motley Crue always did a little better than everyone else.
16. Red Hot (Shout at The Devil)
15. On With The Show (Too Fast For Love)
My favorite Motley Crue ballad; I like my ballads dark with a “wink of an eye.”
14. Sick Love Song (Red, White, and Crue)
A lot of people never heard this song. It was hidden as part of another greatest hits package.
13. Mother Fucker of The Year (Saints of Los Angeles)
12. Knock’em Dead Kid (Shout at The Devil)
Based on a Nikki Sixx true story involving a brutal fight, this song reaches an aggression very few other Crue songs would reach.
11. Public Enemy #1 (Too Fast For Love)
10. Ten Seconds to Love (Shout at The Devil)
Ten seconds at number 10? You either get it or you don’t.
9. Piece of Your Action (Too Fast For Love)
8. Looks That Kill (Shout at The Devil)
7. Girls, Girls, Girls (Girls, Girls, Girls)
It took a second version for MTV to air this video masterpiece.
6. Shout at The Devil (Shout at The Devil)
5. Home Sweet Home (Theatre of Pain)
It is what it is. It’s a sweet ballad. It’s also the song that continues to convince non-groupie girlfriends to go to concerts.
4. Dr. Feelgood (Dr. Feelgood)
3. Live Wire (Too Fast For Love)
2. Kick Start My Heart (Dr. Feelgood)
The Crue goes back to where it all started for the video.
1. Wild Side (Girls, Girls, Girls)
Great song and my favorite live video from Motley Crue.
Please share this article if you found it interesting.
- Previous Article:
Therapy? Reveals New Album Details
- Next Article:
Eluveitie To Headline European Paganfest 2012
17 Comments on "The Rockstar Ramblings: The Crue Top 25"