Anal Cunt - "It Just Gets Worse" (CD)
"It Just Gets Worse" track listing:
1. I Became A Counselor So I Could Tell Rape Victims They Asked For It
2. Easy E. Got A.I.D.S. From F. Mercury
3. I Like Drugs And Child Abuse
4. Laughing When Leonard Peltier Gets Raped In Jail
5. I Convinced You To Beat Your Wife On A Daily Basis
6. I Sent Concentration Camp Footage To America's Funniest Home Videos
7. Rancid Sucks (And The Clash Sucked Too)
8. I Paid J. Howell To Rape You
9. I Pushed Your Wife In Front Of The Subway
10. Extreme Noise Terror Is Afraid Of Us
11. You Rollerblading Faggot
12. I Sent A Thank You Card To The Guy That Raped You
13. I Lit Your Baby On Fire
14. Body By Auschwitz
15. I Intentionally Ran Over Your Dog
16. Sweatshops Are Cool
17. Woman: Nature's Punching Bag
18. I Snuck A Retard In To A Sperm Bank
19. Your Kid Committed Suicide Because You Suck
20. I Ate Your Horse
21. Hitler Was A Sensitive Man
22. You Robbed A Sperm Bank Because You're A Cum Guzzling Fag
23. I Made Your Kid Get AIDS, So You Could Watch It Die
24. I Fucked Your Wife
25. Into The Oven
26. I Gave NAMBLA Pictures Of You Kid
27. The Only Reason Men Talk To You Is Because They Want To Get Laid, You Stupid Fucking Cunt
28. I Made Fun Of You Because Your Kid Just Died
29. Domestic Violence Is Really Really Really Funny
30. Dictators Are Cool
31. Deadbeat Dads Are Cool
32. I'm Really Excited About The Upcoming David Buskin Concert
33. Being Ignorant Is Awesome
34. You're Pregnant, So I Kicked You In The Stomach
35. Chris Barnes Is A Pussy
36. Tim Is Gay
38. I Sold Your Dog To A Chinese Restaurant
39. I Got An Office Job For The Sole Purpose Of Sexually Harassing Women
Reviewed by Dasher10 on February 19, 2010
“It Just Gets Worse” isn't an album for everyone. You'll need an appreciation of brutality with no regard to talent, as well as an incredibly tasteless and offensive sense of humor to even like this album ironically. Was Anal Cunt joking when they made this (or any other album for that fact)? Yes. Does that mean that there aren't any redeeming values to this album? No.
Depending on your sense of humor, you'll either laugh hysterically at songs like “I Lit Your Baby on Fire” and lyrics like “it was louder for 30 seconds, then it shut up,” or you'll be horribly offended. In fact, there are a number of songs with censored lyrics that Earache refused to print since they were simply too obscene to be seen by human eyes.
As far as actual songwriting, most songs follow a simple verse/chorus/verse structure with a few exceptions. Most choruses are gang shouts that repeat the title of the song, with the rest of the lyrics being incomprehensible. If this weren't enough to turn people away, there are very few actual riffs on the album, with most of the songs being little more than quickly-played open notes. While these elements add to the brutality, there are very few redeeming values to this music; it is what it is even if it tries to be less.
“It Just Gets Worse” is the musical equivalent of a post-ironic 1970s horror movie and needs to be loved on the merits that it tries so hard to suck. It comes across as perversely pleasing in a campy way, which is instantly preferable to something that tries to impress and fails. While I will admit that I am the target audience for this music, “It Just Gets Worse” is saved for those times when I need something direct, simple and brutal. It's better than most grind that I'm exposed to. Then again, that's saying that it's better than music layered with 30 second intro samples and sounds like a flushing toilet; in which case, Anal Cunt becomes Mozart.
There is no middle ground with this album; there are those who hate it, and those who love it despite its inherent and intentional flaws. I'm firmly in the latter camp, but this is hardly a recommendation. If you're the type to enjoy Bob Saget's stand-up routine and appreciate brutality for its own sake, then give it a try, but I can't promise that you'll like it.
Highs: Funny if you think Sarah Silverman is, as brutal as getting curbstomped by a rhino, better than the majority of grind that came after it.
Lows: No musical talent, intentionally offensive sense of humor may turn some off, some lyrics impossible to understand due to censorship.
Bottom line: Your enjoyment of "It Just Gets Worse" may vary based on your sense of humor.
Get more info including news, reviews, interviews, links, etc. on our Anal Cunt band page.