Answer With Metal
Last Known Status: Active
Latest Answer With Metal News
Below is our complete Answer With Metal news coverage, including columns and articles pertaining to the band. Some articles listed may be indirectly related, such as side projects of the band members, etc.
The Heavy Metal Association of Canada is proud to present "Canuck Metal Vol. 3," featuring 25 annihilating tracks from Canadian bands for free download.
You can download the songs at Bandcamp or stream them in the player below. The track listing is as follows:
1. A Scar For The Wicked - We Shall Prevail 03:09 (Perth, ON)
2. Answer With Metal - Generations 05:29 (Stouffville, ON)
3. Alphakill - Rebellion 04:54 (Winnipeg, MB)
4. Blasphemy Reborn - The Rebirth 05:38 (Melfort, SK)
5. BornBroken - Control 03:50 (Montreal, QC)
6. Buffalo Theory - Monstro 02:59 (Montreal, QC)
7. Crimson Shadows - Beyond The Mountain Wasteland 05:50 (Toronto, ON
8. D3ATHCHARGER - Forged In Steel 05:04 (London, ON)
9. Darkness In Aurora - Selflishly Used 03:24 (Peterborough, ON)
10. Edge of Attack - Forever 03:46 (Grand Prairie, AB)
11. Entropia - Wolves To The Slaughter 04:00 (Vancouver, BC)
12. Gales of Avalon - What Hell Have I 04:30 (Calgary, AB)
13. Ghoulunatics - King of The Undead 06:04 (Montreal, QC)
14. Hell Chamber - Bring Me Down 03:48 (Vancouver, BC)
15. Idillicah - Gone 03:00 (Brampton, ON)
16. Leah - Old World 04:02 (Vancouver, BC)
17. Lost In The Revolution - The Go Light Stop Machine 03:52 (Nanaimo, BC)
18. Monobrow - Mordrake's Revenge 04:59 (Ottawa, ON)
19. My Own Chaos - Because of Me 03:43 (Vancouver, BC)
20. Pronostic - Deviated Inner Spectrum 03:52 (Montreal, QC)
21. Psychotic Pulse - Obsession 03:53 (Toronto, ON)
22. Reason Prevails - No Kings 03:46 (Montreal, QC)
23. Sanktuary - Raise The Flag 04:25 (Yukon, NT / Halifax, NS)
24. Teach Her Treason - Annihilation 04:19 (Toronto, ON)
25. Through Death - Orphaned 03:38 (Montreal, QC) More...
Originally scheduled as a two day fest in Toronto, Spread The Metal Fest will now only be taking place on Saturday, Sept 7th at the Opera House with the following line-up:
Beheading of a King
Answer With Metal
The all-day heavy metal music celebration will be hosted by The Governor, from the "Governor's Ball podcast." All profits are to be donated by Spread the Metal Records to Kiva.org. Tickets are $30 in advance or $35 at the doors, with ticket info available right here.
Spread The Metal Fest is gearing up for upcoming events in both Halifax on August 24th and 25th and Toronto on September 7th and 8th with bands such as Deicide, The Agonist, Skullfist, Black Moor, Deathpoint, Death Valley Driver, Sanktuary, Suffocation, The Agonist, Augury, Kittie, Nephelium, Derelict, Crimson Shadows, Deathpoint, Edge of Attack, Hallows Die, Beheading of The King, and many more!
In promotion of these two fests, Spread The Metal Fest is offering fans an aural assault of free metal. Check them out below.
The Halifax edition:
1. Deathpoint - For Your Eyes Only 05:45
2. Doom Machine - Shallow Grave 05:35
3. Evertrapped - Depression Unrest 06:18
4. Malixria - Chrous of Hatred 04:48
5. Sanktuary - Hail The Villain 06:45
6. Severed Reign - Will To Live 03:35
7. Spew - Tube Fed 02:30 More...
Spread The Metal Festival has added all-female Canadian heavy metal band Kittie to the Toronto line-up, which also includes Suffocation, The Agonist, Augury, Skull Fist, Nephelium, Derelict, Crimson Shadows, Deathpoint, Edge of Attack, Hallows Die, Beheading of The King, and many more.
The bands will be performing to raise funds for Kiva, an organization that reduces poverty by providing monetary support to struggling entrepreneurs in developing countries.
This year's Toronto edition will be held at the famed Opera House on September 7th and 8th. Ticket info is available at this location. The lineup will be:
Beheading of a King
Answer With Metal
Edge of Attack
The organizers of the Spread The Metal Festival have announced this year's Toronto edition will occur at the famed Opera House on September 7th and 8th. The fest will see Suffocation, The Agonist, Augury, Skull Fist and many more perform in raising funds for Kiva, an organization that reduces poverty by providing monetary support to struggling entrepreneurs in developing countries. Festival organizer Matt Day comments:
"This is the second of many Spread the Metal Festivals to come, and this one comes to you in the form of Suffocation, The Agonist, Augury, Skull Fist, and 12 more tearing up The Opera House stage in Toronto. 100% of the profits from the festival are going to Kiva.org in order to fight poverty and eventually injustice around the world. There's a lot in it for fans this year as well though, since they can make off with signed albums, VIP experiences, album downloads and so much more. Now go forth and Spread the Metal."
To compliment the festival, the label is launching a crowd funding campaign in order to raise additional funds for Kiva. Among the perks are signed albums and set lists from every band at the festival (including some that aren't), guitar picks, album downloads, etc. As well, fans will have the chance to attend the sound check, hang out with the headliner of their choice, and even punch a record label exec. More...
This September 7th and 8th, Spread the Metal Records will host the Spread the Metal Festival in Toronto, ON. The festival will see 100% of its profits donated to Kiva, a non-profit organization, which helps people around the world to lift themselves out of poverty.
Headlining the festival will be Suffocation, with additional headliners to be announced at a later date. Direct support will be provided by The Agonist, Augury and Skull Fist. Additional support bands include Beheading of a King, The Catalyst, Edge of Attack, Deathpoint, Crimson Shadows, Nephelium, Hallows Die, Evertrapped, Answer With Metal, and Sanktuary.
2 day tickets for the festival can be found at this location (individual day passes on sale June 1st).
To complement the festival itself, the label is launching a crowd funding campaign in order to raise additional funds for Kiva.
Among the perks are signed albums and set lists from every band at the festival, guitar picks, album downloads, etc. As well, fans will have the chance to attend the sound check, hang out with the headliner of their choice, and even punch a record label exec! Full list of available perks below on the crowd funding page here.
Wacken Metal Battle Canada has unleashed a free download compilation to promote some of the top Canadian metal talents competing in this year's contest for one true champion to represent the nation at this summer's 2013 edition of Wacken Open Air Festival in Germany.
The free download is available via Bandcamp here, or you can stream the tracks below. The track listing is as follows:
1. Adrenechrome - Led Elephant 05:37
2. Answer With Metal - Two Wrongs (Don't Make A Right) 05:06
3. Cecile Monique - Never Over 03:37
4. Crimson Shadows - Beyond The Mountain Wasteland 05:50
5. Cryptik Howling - Ulysses Death 03:58
6. Dissension - Of Time And Chronic Disease 06:58
7. Dreamers - No Place To Hide 04:23
8. Eclipse Eternal - Deathbound 08:29
9. Embracing Soul - Luna 03:42
10. Fallstaf - The Cost 03:21
11. Laugh At The Fakes - Blinded 05:28
12. Mastery - Step Up 04:23
13. Mürtenscythe - (Smoking weed) Through The Horn of Satan 08:30
14. Panzerfaust - The Apple of Infinite Knowledge 08:15
15. Powered By Death - Hit The Surface 03:00
16. Pyramid Theorem - Another Day Slips Away 06:28
17. Sanguine Glacialis - Into The Heart of Chaos 06:44
18. Slyde - New World Sympathy 03:36
19. Spewgore - The Ride 02:12
20. Through Death - Orphaned 03:38
21. Trainwreck Architect - The Door Slam Shut 04:14
22. Venomenon - Temple of Lies 07:13
23. Vesperia - O' Hail The Northlander 04:49
24. Virulys - Endless World 04:40
25. Warcall - Faces of Death 04:49
26. WarMachine - Moving On 04:04 More...
The Halifax based Spread The Metal Festival, with a goal to raise $100,000 for the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada, is proud to announce headliners Morbid Angel, along with Blackguard, Cryptopsy and Last Call Chernobyl as the next batch of bands added to the line up to support the festival charity fundraiser.
Matt Day, STM owner and festival organizer, commented: "Spread the Metal Records has lofty ambitions for this festival and as it grows each year, I want to prove that the label is as committed to philanthropy as we are to releasing phenomenal records. We take on the responsibility to help those who cannot help themselves, and this festival has the power to help a lot of people, year after year."
The lineup is as follows:
Answer With Metal - 12pm
Last Call Chernobyl - 1pm
Dischord - 2pm
Hallows Die - 3:15pm
Descend - 4:30pm
Fallen Joy - 6pm
Blackguard - 7:30pm
Kataklysm - 9:15pm More...
Halifax based Spread The Metal Festival, which has a goal to raise $100,000 for the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada with 100% of ticket revenues, is proud to announce the first round of Canadian bands supporting the fest and charity fundraiser.
STM Records owner and festival organizer Matt Day commented, "Spread the Metal Records has lofty ambitions for this festival and as it grows each year, I want to prove that the label is as committed to philanthropy as we are to releasing phenomenal records. We take on the responsibility to help those who cannot help themselves, and this festival has the power to help a lot of people, year after year."
Further details on the festival are available here and the currently announced lineup is as follows:
Answer With Metal
Cry Oh Crisis
Death Valley Driver