Poison Concert-Goers Allege Police Abuse
Band Photo: Poison (?)
Torsten Ove of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is reporting that a Crafton couple filed a lawsuit Wednesday (March 24) saying they were roughed up by security guards and local police while attending a POISON concert at the Post-Gazette Pavilion in Washington County.
The Lopezes attended the POISON show on June 10, 2003 with Kathryn Lopez's brother. According to their complaint, an unnamed security guard demanded to see their tickets while they were in their seats. They had six, which Kathryn handed over.
She said the guard took the three extras and wouldn't give them back.
"He said we were 'ticket passing,' whatever that is, and kept walking away from us," she told the Post-Gazette last year.
The Lopezes said they asked for a supervisor to get their tickets back, and a second guard arrived. That guard said the first guard didn't have the tickets, then claimed to have found them on the floor, said "Look what we have here" and ripped them up.
When Marco Lopez said he was going to the box office to complain, he said a guard shoved Kathryn aside and put him in a choke hold. Other guards then hauled him off to the pavilion's security tent.
Meanwhile, Kathryn Lopez sought out Hanover Cpl. John Yost for help. When the guard who attacked her husband began shouting obscenities at her, Yost told her to "shut up," according to the complaint.
Please share this article if you found it interesting.
- Previous Article:
First Exodus US Tour Dates Leaked
- Next Article:
Disturbed To Hold Open Auditions For Bassist
0 Comments on "Poison Concert-Goers Allege Police Abuse"
Be the first to comment! Tell us what you think. (no login required)
To minimize comment spam/abuse, you cannot post comments on articles over a month old. Please check the sidebar to the right or the related band pages for recent related news articles.