Last Known Status: Active
Latest Odious News
Below is our complete Odious news coverage, including columns and articles pertaining to the band. Some articles listed may be indirectly related, such as side projects of the band members, etc.
Metality.net has released a new compilation for free download. "METALITY - The Compilation: Volume 2 - Sounds of The Middle East" features over 50 bands from across the region. Here's the full tracklisting:
1. Sand Aura "Aljahelia" (Egypt)
2. InnerGuilt "Burden Of Guilt" (Lebanon)
3. Let It Flow "Grey Man" (Turkey)
4. Phobia "Unavoidable Torment" (Tunisia)
5. Coat of Arms "212" (UAE)
6. Benevolent "The Tyrant" (Kuwait)
7. Sakadoya "Get back" (Morocco)
8. Sabhankra "Buried In Dust" (Turkey)
9. Bilocate "The Dead Sea" (Jordan)
10. Depth Feat. Sarj "Crimson Goddess" (Kuwait)
11. Voice of The Soul "Under A Blood Red Sky" (Kuwait)
12. Mental Implant "Latitude & Longitude" (Turkey)
13. Kimaera "The Taste Of Treason" (Lebanon)
14. Arsames "Testament Of The King" (Iran)
15. Bouq "Wrath of a Warrior's Soul" (Jordan)
16. Varden "Prevail" (Egypt)
17. Lunacyst "Merciless Cold Blooded Murder" (Bahrain)
18. Black Well "Drowning In Blood" (Kuwait)
19. Kaoteon "One by One (Dogs Heed the Call)" (Lebanon)
20. Midway "Burning Bridges" (UAE)
21. Osprey "Al Himeeneeni Al Habani" (UAE)
22. Destiny In Chains "Shout Your Name" (Egypt)
23. Blood Ink "Brain Infestation" (Lebanon)
24. Breeze of The Dying "FOA Act 1" (Saudi Arabia)
25. Damned Sorrow "Die On Your Own" (Tunisia)
26. Smouldering In Forgotten "I, Devourer" (Bahrain)
27. Odious "Poems Hidden on Black Walls" (Egypt)
28. Perversion "Subconscious Mutation" (UAE)
29. TRAXXX "Sound of Revolution" (Algeria)
30. Suicide "Bone Collector City" (Turkey)
31. Detonation Theory "In Death Is My Final Part" (Qatar)
32. Apocalyptic Dawn "Stoned to Death" (Bahrain)
33. 13 Days Later "Razor Roses" (Tunisia)
34. Soldered Poon "Splatterpunk" (Morocco)
35. Sawlegen "De Profundis Clamavi" (Morocco)
36. Origin "A Night's Creed" (Egypt)
37. THEE PROjECT "Warriors" (Bahrain)
38. The Crow Murder "The Drowning" (UAE)
39. Vielikan "Celestial Autumn" (Tunisia)
40. Thrashstorm "Skatanic" (Lebanon)
41. The Weeping Willow "Tyrant of The Fall" (Lebanon)
42. Flagellation "Your Remorse" (Tunisia)
43. Soor "The Maze II (The Stranger & The Guardian)" (Morocco)
44. Anaconda "Between Life And Death (Part I)" (Morocco)
45. Karma "No Surrender" (Egypt)
46. Massive Scar Era "The World is Rising" (Egypt)
47. Chalice Of Doom "Endless Prison" (Jordan)
48. Grieving Age "Therefore, A Myriad Of Gargoyles Bellow Their Aborted Versicles, Quoth Thee..." (Saudi Arabia)
49. Mephostophilis "Bloody Sign" (Egypt)
50. Analgesia "From The Ashes Of Morocco" (Morocco)
1. Tristmoon "The Dungeon" (Lebanon)
2. Dethroned "My Eternal Love" (Lebanon)
3. Omnicide "Buried Without A Name" (Saudi Arabia)
4. Binding Shade "Paroxysm of Emptiness" (Jordan)
5. Forgive Me "Life=Nightmare" (Jordan)
You can stream each track or download the compilation here.
Each week in Unearthing the Metal Underground, we'll be shedding some light on a few quality underground bands in an attempt to get the word out about them. This week we'll be delving into the Egyptian metal scene.
Egypt has long been a subject for many internationally renowned bands, such as Dio, Mercyful Fate, and Symphony X, and with acts like Nile being well known for utilizing Egyptian mythology in their lyrical themes.
Over the past few weeks, Egypt has become a media hot spot due to current events inspired by the recent Tunisian revolution. For two weeks, protesters have been retaliating against the 30 year regime of former president Hosni Mubarak, demanding his immediate dismissal. It all finally came to an end on February 11th, to the sound of millions of Egyptians cheering for a new era of democracy.
The country's metal scene has been active since the early 90s. While it tends to face controversy from mainstream media and traditionalists; it still manages to progress and offer a diverse line up of bands, playing a variety of sub-genres.
We thought with all that, it's time we begin digging into the Egyptian metal scene to see what it has to offer.
Originally founded in 2001. Scarab (formerly known as HATESUFFOCATION) have been one of the most active bands in the Egyptian metal scene. Scarab is one of the country's veteran acts, known for their crushing mix of technical death metal and defiant lyrics.
Back in 2009, Scarab released their debut full length album, "Blinding The Masses," through Osmose Productions, and the follow-up to 2007's EP, "Valley of The Sandwalkers." 2009 also saw the band tour outside Egypt, performing for the second time in the UAE (Dubai Desert Rock Festival) and for the first time in Germany (With Full Force Festival).
Scarab is currently recording its second full length album, titled "The Afterlife Illusions," scheduled for a late 2011 release.
Egyptian black metallers ODIOUS are still in the studio for the recording of their second album. They will be finished soon and the album, entitled “Skin Age,” will see a 2010 release.
The band also announced their newest member, rhythm guitarist Ezz El-din Taher.