Such a Surge
Last Known Status: Active
Latest Such a Surge News
Below is our complete Such a Surge news coverage, including columns and articles pertaining to the band. Some articles listed may be indirectly related, such as side projects of the band members, etc.
Note: We began associating news directly with bands in late 2003. Therefore, earlier band news may not be listed on this page.
A three-minute trailer for the forthcoming "20 Years of Nuclear Blast" two-DVD set can be viewed below. Due on November 30 via Nuclear Blast, the collection — as the title implies — celebrates the 20th anniversary of the German metal label, featuring two DVDs with almost six hours' worth of footage, including 70 promotional clips and a four-part history of the label hosted by DESTRUCTION bassist/vocalist Marcel "Schmier" Schirmer.
The following clips can be found on the "20 Years of Nuclear Blast" two-DVD set:
01. DIMMU BORGIR - Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse
02. IMMORTAL - One By One
03. HYPOCRISY - Scrutinized
04. GOREFEST - The Glorious Dead
05. KATAKLYSM - Manipulator Of Souls
06. BENEDICTION - I Bow To None
07. PUNGENT STENCH - Shrunken And Mumified Bitch
08. BELPHEGOR - Sanctus Perversum
09. NILE - The Language Of The Shadows
10. DEATH - Scavenger Of Human Sorrow
11. MALEVOLENT CREATION - Assasin Squad
12. DESTRUCTION - The Butcher Strikes Back
13. DEW SCENTED - Cities Of The Dead
14. ANTHRAX - What Doesn’t Die
15. EXODUS - Riot Act
16. DEATH ANGEL - The Devil Incarnate
17. I - Warriors
18. SONIC SYNDICATE - Psychic Suicide
19. CLAWFINGER - The Price We Pay
20. CHIMAIRA - Worthless
21. IN FLAMES - Only For The Weak
22. MESHUGGAH - Future Breed Machine
23. SOILWORK - Exile
24. THE DESTINY PROGRAM - Project Hoax
25. SCAR SYMMETRY - The Illusionist
26. THREAT SIGNAL - Counterbalance
27. MNEMIC - Ghost
28. EKTOMORF - Destroy
29. AGNOSTIC FRONT - Warriors
30. ALL SHALL PERISH - Eradication
31. BLEED THE SKY - God In The Frame
32. DARKANE - Solitary Confinement
33. THE DUSKFALL - Trust Is Overrated
34. ONE MAN ARMY AND THE UNDEAD QUARTET - So Grim, So True, So Real
35. WINTERSUN - Winter Madness
36. HAMMERFALL - Hammerfall
37. RIDE THE SKY - New Protection
38. EDGUY - King Of Fools
39. BLIND GUARDIAN - The New Order
40. SONATA ARCTICA - Caleb
41. GOTTHARD - Master Of Illusion
42. RAGE - Full Moon
43. GRAVE DIGGER - Valhalla
44. HELLOWEEN - Immortal
45. STRATOVARIUS - Why Are We Here
46. TAROT - Before The Skies Comes Down
47. THUNDERSTONE - Face In The Mirror
48. COMMUNIC - Conspiracy In Mind
49. THRESHOLD - Slipstream
50. CANDLEMASS - Of Stars And Smoke
51. CATHEDRAL - Corpsecycle
52. NIGHTWISH - Eva
53. AFTER FOREVER - Transitory
54. EPICA - Never Enough
55. ECHOES OF ETERNITY - Voices In A Dream
56. SIRENIA - The Other Side
57. DEATHSTARS - Greatest Fight On Earth
58. SAMAEL - Valkyrie’s New Ride
59. THE KOVENANT - In The Name Of The Future
60. AMORPHIS - The White Swan
61. THERION - Der Mitternachtslöwe
62. CREMATORY - Revolution
63. FARMER BOYS - For The World To Sing
64. PYOGENESIS - Addiction Pole
65. LIQUIDO - Ordinary Life
66. CHROME DIVISION - Serial Killer
67. DIE APOKALYPTISCHEN REITER - Riders On The Storm
68. SUBWAY TO SALLY - Meine Seele Brennt
69. KNORKATOR - Wir werden alle sterben
70. SUCH A SURGE - Mission Erfüllt More...
After 14 years, 6 albums and approx. 600 gig, German crossover veterans habe decided to play their last tour next year, before the band will be put on hold indefinitely.
As the band write in an official statement:
"SUCH A SURGE gave us the opportunity to always follow our own path and create something that we always will be proud of.
Maybe the day will come, when we want to say something together again as SUCH A SURGE. But now we feel the need to start a new chapter. It's time to face the challenges of life separately.More...
Germany's crossover pioneers Such a Surge posted the clip for "Mein Tag" on their website here.
The clip is a homage to 80's cult series "Magnum, P.I." As the band wrote in an online posting: "We hope you still know the TV series 'Magnum, P.I.'! Because you won't stop laughing when you see our new video! Olli as Magnum, Antek as Higgins, Michel as TC, Lutz as Rick – don't miss this!"
A "Making-of" will also be posted shortly.
German crossover pioneers Such a Surge recently travelled to Kapstadt/South Africa, to film a video for their song "Mein Tag."
In an online posting, the band writes:
We hope you still know the TV series "Magnum, P.I."! Because you won't stop laughing when you see our new video! Olli as Magnum, Antek as Higgins, Michel as TC, Lutz as Rick – don't miss this! As soon as the clip is done, we will put on the website. Look for a couple of pics in the next few days!
Such a Surge are also planning a tour for the fall. Dates will be confirmed at the end of April.
German crossover pioneers Such a Surge will release their new CD "Alpha" on April 4. To wet your appetite, the boys from Braunschweig have now uploaded their song 'Was jetzt?' at this location.
To celebrate the release of Such a Surge's upcoming album "Alpha" (in stores April 4), fans should check out the release parties. At the following venues you can pre-listen to the new album, grab some freebies – and of course generally rock out.
Such a Surge release parties:
Mar. 31 DARKFLOWER Leipzig
Apr. 01 NACHTPALAIS Nürnberg
Apr. 01 KAISERKELLER Hamburg
Apr. 01 STONE AGE Saarbrücken
Apr. 01 SCARABEE Gießen
Apr. 02 5ROCKCLUB Hildesheim
Apr. 02 JÄGERHOF Dinslaken
Apr. 05 WALDHAUS Ludwigsburg
Apr. 06 BEAT ClubBraunschweig
Apr. 08 BPM Club Zwickau
Such a Surge have just issued a new five-song EP, "Mission erfüllt", as a teaser for their upcoming album. In addition to a couple of different versions of the title cut, the EP includes two exclusive songs ('Powersurge' and 'Einfach sein') and a video for 'Mission erfüllt', which can also be viewed online at this location.
Braunschweig's crossover pioneers Such a Surge announced a change in the venue for their show on Wednesday, March 2 in Bremen.
It will not take place at Tivoli, but Tower, which is – according to the band bass player Axel Horn – "a real punk club, capacity 300." Axel invites everyone who is up for "a real intimate evening" to show up and share a beer with the band after the show.
Germany's Such a Surge are the latest band confirmed for the 2005 edition of the Summer Breeze festival, set to be held August 18-20 in Abtsgmünd, Germany. The complete list of artists currently confirmed to appear at the festival can be found here.
Such a Surge have just issued a new five-song EP, "Mission erfüllt", as a teaser for their upcoming album, "Alpha", due in stores April 4 via Nuclear Blast Records. In addition to a couple of different versions of the title cut, the EP includes two exclusive songs ('Powersurge' and 'Einfach sein') and a video for 'Mission erfüllt', which can also be viewed online at this location.
German Crossover band Such a Surge is currently working on the follow-up record of "Rotlicht" (2003) in the former EMI Studios in Köln-Ehrenfeld, Germany, together with producer Wolfgang Stach. On January 10th 2005, an EP shall be released, followed by the complete new album on April 11th. All in all, about 16 songs will be recorded, 8 of them are already finished.
The band about the new material:
The record will be different from "Rotlicht," because Lutz [Buch] has a complete other style as guitarist and songwriter than Dennis [Graef] who left the band last year. But don't worry, you'll be surprised but still be able to recognize us.
There's no real feature on the album thus far, but we wrote a song together with our friend and colleague 'Bosse' from Braunschweig. The title of the song is "Mein Tag" [="My Day"] and it may sound similar to older stuff like "Silver Surge" or "Koma2002." Other new songs like "Überfall" [="Raid"], "O.K." or "Crash Test Dummie" will be hard tracks that you have to listen to very loud. In turn, "Alles was mir fehlt" [="Everything I Miss"] is a slow, spheric and brute sounding song. So all in all, it's again a big and variegated mixture, made out of everything that comes to our minds.
After the parting from major label Sony, Such a Surge now have announced through whom they will release their new album:
We decided to sign up with Nuclear Blast. We have the impression that Nuclear Blast understands our philosophy best and we feel like joining a great family. And as we all know – you feel the most comfortable at home. As our new record will be harder than all our albums before, this new constellation fits perfectly.
Such a Surge are in the studio since August 9th and in the beginning of January 2005 the first single shall be released.
You can already listen to three demo versions of the songs on www.suchasurge.de. "6," the new album of the band, will be in stores in March, followed by a headliner tour.