Metal News for June 11, 2003
Last updated on April 21, 2015 at 3:09 PM ET
We post metal news every day, throughout the day, covering thousands of metal bands including underground and unsigned bands. You are currently browsing the news archive, but you can also find news by band.
4 news articles posted on this day.
Lamb of God have turned down an offer to play the main stage of this year's Ozzfest due to "scheduling conflicts."
"Thanks to the die-hard support of the people that believe in this band, we have taken things from the garage to the largest metal festival on the planet," the band write on their official web site. "There is a huge sense of accomplishment but the real thanks and recognition belong to the people that support LAMB OF GOD. You have helped bring us this far and we will continue to do what we do best, without compromise. We're very excited about the plans we do have this summer and will announce them ASAP. Thanks again and we look forward to catching up with all of you very soon!"
As previously reported, LAMB OF GOD are believed to be the frontrunner to fill the support slot at SLAYER's London dates in early July.
The band, who are rumored to be negotiating a major-label buyout of their current Prosthetic Records contract, have received rave reviews for their most recent album, "As The Palaces Burn".
Walls of Fire has a bunch of new reviews in English (more in German). Here are the English ones:
- Astro Zombies A.D. - Mutants at Mosa Trajectum (Punk)
- Bleed Into One - Words Can't Save Us Now (Metalcore)
- Black Label Society - The Blessed Hellride (Heavy Metal)
- Cadaveres De Tortugas (Unsigned) - Incarnation
- Cage - Darker than black (Power Metal)
- Callenish Circle - My Passion - Your Pain (Death/Thrash)
- Catamenia - ChaosBorn (melodic Black Metal)
- Chinchilla - Madtropolis (Heavy Metal)
- Closterkeller - Graphite (New Wave)
- Cult Of Luna - The Beyond (N/A)
- Darkest Hour - Hidden Hands Of A Sadist Nation (Melodic Death Metal)
- Devin Townsend - Accelerated Evolution (Rock)
- Gilla Bruja - Six Fingered Jesus (Doomcore)
- Grave Digger - Rheingold (Heavy Metal)
- Graveworm - Engraved in Black (Symphonic Black Metal)
- Green Carnation - A Blessing In Disguise (Gothic Rock)
- Imperious - In Splendour (Death Metal)
- Immemorial - Monologue (Death Metal)
- Lamb of God - As The Palaces Burn (Thrash Metal)
- Mess Age - Self Convicted (Death Metal)
- Mindfield - Be-Low (Gothic Metal)
- M.O.D. - The Rebel You Love To Hate (Hardcore)
- Rakoth - Tiny Deaths (N/A)
- Secret Sphere - Scent Of Human Desire (Melodic Metal)
- Talisman - Cats And Dogs (Hard Rock)
- Tonka – This Present Darkness
Walls of Fire has four new interviews in English (more in German). Here are the English ones:
- Aeternus - Exactly a decade after their birth, Norway's dark death metal masters Aeternus return with a new blasting audio-masterpiece.
- Chimaira - The kings of the NWoAHM?
- Green Carnation -
With his band Green Carnation Black and Death Metal maniac Terje Vik Schei, aka Tchort, has recorded a wunderful Progressive Rock album which might be a hot candidate as album of the year for a lot of people.
- Naer Mataron - The Greek black metallers present themselves and their third album “River at Dash Scalding”.
- Woods of Ypres - The most sensational melodic black metal newcomers of the year in exclusive interview.
V Shaped Mind are the first signing to Main Station/Republic/Universal, the new label headed by producer David Bottrill (Tool, Mudvayne, Godsmack). The band's Bottrill-produced debut album, Cul De Sac , will see a release on September 9th, while their debut single "Monsters," which features a guest appearance from Mudvayne frontman Chüd, will impact at radio on July 29th.