Metal News for April 14, 2003
Last updated on October 31, 2014 at 3:12 PM ET
We post metal news every day, throughout the day, covering thousands of metal bands including underground and unsigned bands. You are currently browsing the news archive, but you can also find news by band.
5 news articles posted on this day.
Tartarean Desire has new reviews for the new week:
- Before The Dawn - My Darkness (gothic / power metal, 2003)
- Tierra Santa - Indomable (power metal, 2003)
- Waltari - Yeah! Yeah! Die! Die! (symphonic death metal, 1996)
- Charger - Confessions Of A Man (sludgecore, 2003)
- Passenger - Passenger (neo / emo-metal, 2003)
- Myrkskog - Superior Massacre (death metal, 2002)
- Thorium - Unleashing The Deamons (death metal, 2002)
- Dragonland - Holy War (power metal, 2002)
- The Loveless - Star Rover (gothic rock / metal, 2002)
- Airborn - Against The World (power metal, 2002)
- The Berzerker - Dissimulate (death metal, 2002)
- Thorns - Thorns (black metal, 2001)
Firebox Webzine has new interviews in English including:
- GURD (Swiss thrash metal)
- FLOODLAND (Austrian gothic rock)
- PANTHEIST (“Dutch” funeral service music)
- Plus: Zine Zone 2. (print reviews)
The new interviews in Finnish include:
- UMBRA NIHIL (Finnish doom metal)
- WASARA (Finnish heavy metal)
Hell-Born and Mess Age has been invited to the London's Death Festival, which will take place on June 7th 2003 at the London Camden Underworld. Full line up: Gorerotted, Hell-Born, Mess Age, Desecration, The Enchanted, Liquefied Skeleton, Killing Mode, Demonizer, Caducity.
Andrzej "Gruby" Osma³ek has left Mess Age. The band has already found the new member, which is Artur "Marysia" Olkowicz who is a former member of Oblivion and Ad Noctum. Here is the info concerning shifts in the band sent to us by the drummer Dominik "Otwieracz" Ko³odziejczak:
"After five years of playing Andrzej Osma³ek left our band. As the decision of his move he claimed a lack of motivation for further creating music. Artur "Mary¶" Olkowicz took his place in Mess Age. He is our friend from non existing Oblivion. Also he used to play in Ad Noctum and we think he's going to share his experience and skills with us. We're going to check out the new bass player during the european tour in June. We thank Andrzej for five years of playing together with us and for everything he's done for us. We wish him all the best with his new band."
Rob Zombie's gory horror tale, House of 1,000 Corpses," entered the box office at in the seventh position, earning an estimated $3.4 million in 595 theaters, for an average of $5,714 per theater.