Our First Giveaway: So What?
Band Photo: Metallica (?)
UPDATE: The winners have been chosen and notified. This giveaway is now over.
Random House has been kind enough to provide Metal Underground.com 3 copies of the recently released book "SO WHAT: The Good, the Mad, and the Ugly", the official illustrated Metallica chronicle, by Steffan Chirazi and Metallica. It's hard-cover, full-color, and contains tons of photos, images of hand-written notes, and is the first and only fully authorized Metallica book.
Here's straight from the press release:
Edited by Steffan Chirazi, full-time chronicler of the band and editor of So What! magazine, a quarterly that is mailed to the 22,000 members of the Metallica fan club, SO WHAT! illustrates Metallica's journey from the inside-including its milestones, memories and darkest days. A collection of both new and archival materials, SO WHAT! lavishly chronicles all aspects of Metallica's rise to fame from its small but fierce cult following in L.A. through the late 80s and early 90s when the band attained massive success, becoming the best-selling rock act of the 1990s, to the present day where they can be found on the "Madly in Anger" tour- So What! magazine has been there for for all of the highs and lows, and everything in between.
SO WHAT! includes original interviews, handwritten notes from the band, intimate journal entries, and more than 1000 exclusive photos. With the intimate involvement of current band members, James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, guitarist Kirk Hammett, and bassist Robert Trujillo and compiled with the hard and humorous attitude that has earned Metallica their place in the rock-god stratosphere, SO WHAT! provides an all-access pass to the backstage including:
- Transcripts of exclusive interviews, including the first-ever Metallica round-table discussion, an in-depth perspective of the band from Lars' father, Torben Ulrich, and an exclusive Spring 2004 band interview;
- Intimate access to the band by way of notes scribbled throughout the book, lists of favorites, snapshots, and personal contributions;
- Journal entries and one-on-one interviews with each of the band members where they wax eloquent about life, each other, the music and everything in between;
- Honest discussion about more difficult times such as the search for a new bassist, James Hetfield's rehabilitation, and their extended hiatus from 1999-2002;
- Thousands childhood photos, the band's early days, tours, vacations, and the recording studio.
The one and only authorized Metallica chronicle, SO WHAT! is an intimate look at the musical, physical, and emotional life of Metallica as a band and as individuals. As James Hetfield says in his personal Introduction to the book, "We want something that goes beyond just information. A deep and honest look into us as humans and the fun and pain we go through. This book (in our best attempt) shows our warts and all inside and out. Reminding ourselves that we are 'works in progress.'"
All you have to do to enter the giveaway for a chance to win one of these 3 copies, is to sign up as a member of metalunderground.com. You must provide a real email address, as notification of the winners will be done via email on September 15. Failure to respond within a week will result in a new winner being drawn.
Please share this article if you found it interesting.
- Previous Article:
More Van Halen Tour Dates Announced
- Next Article:
Nirvana Box Set To Be Released In November