Sound of the Beast Released
Wax your horns -- Sound of The Beast: The Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal is released today!
"Christe might as well drop the 'e' from his name because he has just delivered the gospel of heavy metal..." -- Library Journal
Finally, the book that heavy metal fans have been waiting for forever has arrived. Based on over 100 interviews, Sound of the Beast ignites with the release of the first Black Sabbath album in 1970, and traces the most extreme form of music even known through three decades of triumph and tragedy.
Sound of the Beast is the ultimate heavy metal book for all time - anyone who likes music will be entertained and enlightened to death -- especially metal fanatics. Inside its pages is something for every reader, to help them understand and appreciate the metal phenomenon still happening all around them.
Inside the Beast
* Twenty chapters that chronicle the 1970s, the NWOBHM, MTV, thrash metal, grindcore, death metal, black metal, nu metal, and doom, along with the courtroom controversies of the PMRC and West Memphis 3 cases. Behind the scenes access to the antics and excesses of the greatest metal gods, plus all the unconventional and controversial methods that made them legendary.
* Interviews with all of the key Heavy Metal players of the past 30 years, including: Kiss, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Slayer, Napalm Death, Morbid Angel, Emperor, Twisted Sister, Stryper, Fear Factory, Anthrax, White Zombie, Slipknot, and dozens more.
* A 16-page color insert featuring photographs of Slayer performing in eye make-up, Cliff Burton's final show in Norway, and other rare and exclusive shots of Black Sabbath, Metallica, Immortal, Rob Halford in Judas Priest, Glenn Danzig, and Lemmy of Motorhead.
* Dozens of Genre boxes break down the changes in metal over the years, including a list of the essential albums of every era.
* A definitive list of the 25 greatest metal albums of all time.
* Timelines at the beginning of each chapter detailing exactly what was happening in the metal world plus a complete historic overview.
At long last, fans have their heavy metal bible, and now curious onlookers can understand the metal era like never before. Call your stores and libraries, and demand SOUND OF THE BEAST: THE COMPLETE HEADBANGING HISTORY OF HEAVY METAL, by Ian Christe.
For more information on the book and its author, and to preview the pages of the BEAST, visit: http:www.soundofthebeast.com
Please share this article if you found it interesting.
- Previous Article:
Morbid Records Part with Evil Incarnate
- Next Article:
The Legion Sign with Listenable Records
0 Comments on "Sound of the Beast Released"
Be the first to comment! Tell us what you think. (no login required)
To minimize comment spam/abuse, you cannot post comments on articles over a month old. Please check the sidebar to the right or the related band pages for recent related news articles.