Century Media Celebrates 20th Anniversary With "Covering 20 Years of Extremes" Album
Band Photo: Arch Enemy (?)
2008 has become an extremely exciting year in the history of Century Media Records, one of the world's most respected independent homes for heavy music, as the label is celebrating its 20th anniversary!
The company's Anniversary year started off with an extremely successful, first-ever yard sale/party at the Century Media office in Dortmund (Germany) in June, where several hundred guests partied out on exclusive live shows by Angel Dust and Turisas. A video with impressions from the event can be seen at this location. A photo gallery for this event can be viewed here.
To further celebrate this anniversary Century Media Records will release the very special 2CD compilation "Covering 20 Years Of Extremes" on September 15th in Europe and on October 14th in North America. The various artists covers-release includes 32 mostly exclusive recordings and will be available in stores for the price of one CD. Sticking to the "keep it in the family" slogan, CM approached their artists about covering songs from other acts within the label's repertoire and the response from the musicians was overwhelming.
Some choices were obvious and homages to the bands that influenced them, others were inspired picks. This combination ended up leading to a heavily entertaining and truly special final result across all sub-genres of heavy music.
Here is the tracklisting:
CD 1 (67:36)
1. Arch Enemy - Dream Evil "The Book Of Heavy Metal"
2. Dark Tranquillity - Sentenced "Broken"
3. Heaven Shall Burn - Tiamat "Whatever That Hurts"
4. Shadows Fall - Only Living Witness "December"
5. Brand New Sin - Iced Earth "Watching Over Me"
6. Wolf - Moonspell "Alma Mater"
7. Mercenary - Arch Enemy "Burning Angel"
8. God Forbid - Merauder "Master Killer"
9. Warbringer - Unleashed "Execute Them All"
10. Grave - Asphyx "Vermin"
11. Architects - Stampin' Ground "Officer Down"
12. Napalm Death - Despair "Outconditioned"
13. Krisiun - Demolition Hammer "Human Dissection"
14. Cryptopsy - Strapping Young Lad "Oh My Fucking God"
15. Maroon - Samael "Baphomet's Throne"
16. Watch Them Die - Bloodbath "Breeding Death"
CD 2 (66:47 min)
1. Firewind - Nevermore "Believe In Nothing"
2. Dream Evil - Arch Enemy "Let The Killing Begin"
3. Fear My Thoughts - Heaven Shall Burn "The Weapon They Fear"
4. The Agonist - Dark Tranquillity "Monochromatic Stains"
5. The Forsaken - Grave "You'll Never See"
6. Devian - Morgoth "Isolated"
7. Heaven Shall Burn - Merauder "Downfall Of Christ"
8. Aborted - Turmoil "Playing Dead"
9. Terror - SubZero "Boxed In"
10. Napalm Death: Hellhammer "Messiah"
11. Asphyx - Celtic Frost "Os Abysmi Vel Daath"
12. Zimmers Hole - Old Man's Child "Doommaker"
13. Fu Manchu - Penance "Words To Live By"
14. Manntis (feat. In This Moment) - Lacuna Coil "Heaven's A Lie"
15. Kivimetsän Druidi - The Gathering "Leaves"
16. Intronaut - Eyehategod "Dixie Whiskey"
Century Media will present you one song taken off "Covering 20 Years Of Extremes" rotating each week up to the end of the year every Thursday on www.myspace.com/centurymediaeurope. The first installment of this series showcases legendary Swedish melodic death metallers Dark Tranquillity covering Finnish rockers Sentenced's classic cut "Broken."
Please share this article if you found it interesting.
- Previous Article:
Crown the Lost Still Seeking A Drummer
- Next Article:
Within Temptation Post "Forgiven" Video Online
0 Comments on "Century Media Celebrates 20th Anniversary"
Be the first to comment! Tell us what you think. (no login required)
To minimize comment spam/abuse, you cannot post comments on articles over a month old. Please check the sidebar to the right or the related band pages for recent related news articles.