Metal Underground.com Celebrates Seven Years Of Supporting Metal
Where do the years go? Metalunderground.com is yet another year older. We have now been supporting metal and the underground for over seven years. I started Metalunderground.com back in 2001. I had been working on it since 2000 and launched a beta version before embarking on a trip overseas to get married. Upon my return in mid-April, I launched the site officially and began posting news and continuing development.
Each year I've been amazed by the growth of the site and our readership, especially in light of the fact that this is not my full time job and there's so much more I want to do with the site, both in terms of features and promotion. A lot of people have helped Metalunderground.com grow to the point it's at today, but I have to say that this year we absolutely have the best, most well-rounded staff ever, and I am truly excited to see where we're headed in the coming years.
In the past year:
- The site moved to a new web host and server
- The comment spam issue was resolved (it only takes me two minutes a day to delete all the spam and you don't have to see it at all)
- We've improved the amount and stability of our news coverage
- We've got more quality interviews with bands
- We've added a couple more photographers and
- We are finally hitting our stride with the reviews section with the addition of numerous quality writers and reviewers, several from our very own community.
Since the site's inception, we've posted over 35,000 news posts and covered more than 6,000 bands that are in our database. We currently serve well over 500,000 page views per month to over 200,000 visitors.
Many thanks to all of our contributors and all of our readers, especially those who have made Metalunderground.com their primary place to get their metal news and those who contribute to civilized discussions on a regular basis. In addition, I want to thank all of the bands, labels and PR folks who have supported us over the years and the chaotic times when we were stretched thin.
Spread the word and let's make the next seven years even better!
Please share this article if you found it interesting.
- Previous Article:
Salt The Wound Announce More Tour Dates
- Next Article:
Disturbed Frontman Calls Hillary Clinton Two-Faced
110 Comments on "Metalunderground.com Turns 7"