Disturbed Frontman Shuts Down Message Board Over Ozzfest 'Criticism'
The official DISTURBED message board has been shut down by the administrators, allegedly because the group's frontman, David Draiman, grew increasingly tired of the persistent criticism levelled at him over his seemingly contradictory statements regarding the band's possible appearance at this year's Ozzfest.
Speaking to Jolene of Seattle's 99.9 KISW on January 7, Draiman said of the band's upcoming touring plans, "It looks like at this point that we are confirmed for Ozzfest this summer, so that should be a good thing. It's looking like that's what's gonna happen, so…" The actual audio of the 10-minute interview featuring this quote is available online (The quote appears around the 9:25 mark).
In an interview with Jeff Kerby of KNAC.COM conducted on January 30, Draiman was asked if there was any truth to the Internet reports that he had been quoted as saying that DISTURBED were confirmed for this year's Ozzfest.
"They're garbage," he replied. "I haven't said anything to anybody. I'm not saying it isn't happening, but I haven't gotten any official confirmation myself. Some radio station in Seattle decided to speculate or something. Every radio station interview that I've done at the station though has been with the whole band, and they've heard me every single time, and I've never said anything like that. We're in talks with them, but nothing has been solidified."
After a barrage of criticism was levelled at Draiman on the group's official message board for his seemingly contradictory statements regarding the band's participation in Ozzfest, the singer posted the following message before the board was completely shut down:
"When an apology is warranted, I am the first to offer one. But not in this case. I do not appreciate the idiocy of people criticizing what I am supposed to have said. I am not going to defend myself any more than I already have, as there should be no need to. I have half a mind to do away with this board completely, because instead of being a place where we can joyfully interact with the fans it has become a haven for the holier than thou. People who actually have the audacity to think that they have a right to say how we should conduct ourselves or even the wording that we may choose. The door is open to you too, if you do not approve or want to leave.
"I hope that you are proud of youself for once again distancing the band from its one means of limited interaction with its fans. You make me really feel welcome here. And what are we arguing about anyway? Whether or not I remember saying something a certain way? I already said I don't remember, nor does the rest of the band who have been present at these radio interviews, remember saying it, and already explained how sound bites are created and how editing of radio interviews are done, and even admitted to saying something like 'It looks like we are' [confirmed for Ozzfest]. So fucking what? Nothing is good enough for you, short of prostrating myself and apologizing for something that doesn't even have anything to do with you? Fuck off. Mission accomplished on alienating me from my own band's board. Time for a sabbatical. Fight amongst yourselves over nothing. I'll concentrate on the shows, and doing what I love most, not being sucked into this pathetic bullshit. Enjoy."
Please share this article if you found it interesting.
- Previous Article:
A Warm Gun Record New Album
- Next Article:
Enslaved Putting Finishing Touches On New Album
119 Comments on "Disturbed Frontman Shuts Down Message Board"
To minimize comment spam/abuse, you cannot post comments on articles over a month old. Please check the sidebar to the right or the related band pages for recent related news articles.