This Week In Metal: October 6th, 2005
Top 10 Albums (Thanks to CMJ)
1. Opeth - Ghost Reveries --Last Week #1--Weeks On Chart 3
2. Hypocrisy - Virus--Last Week #3--Weeks On Chart 3
3. Between the Buried and Me - Alaska--Last Week #2--Weeks On Chart 3
4. Every Time I Die - Gutter Phenomenon--Last Week #4--Weeks On Chart 3
5. God Forbid - Constitution of Reason--Last Week #11--Weeks On Chart 1
6. Fear Factory - Transgression--Last Week #6--Weeks On Chart 3
7. Soulfly - Dark Ages--Last Week n/a--Weeks On Chart 1
8. Arch Enemy - Doomsday Machine--Last Week #5--Weeks On Chart 3
9. Black Dahlia Murder - Miasma--Last Week #8--Weeks On Chart 3
10. Chimaira - Chimaira--Last Week #7--Weeks On Chart 3
Finally some new blood! God Forbid breaks the stranglehold of great albums in the top by breaking through and in the 5th spot. This is the second week God Forbids album has been out, last week they missed by 1 in 11th. For the record first week album sales never look good because of the date the albums released and the date the poll is published only allow a half week of sales. How about god-damn Opeth. Three weeks in a row they keep the #1 spot on the charts, and now a new #2 challenges their prowlous with Hypocrisy. Arch Enemy, The Black Dahlia Murder and Chimairas albums have seen better days, all of them have been out for at least 2 months and are finally seeing their skid off of the charts. Soulflys new album is on the rise and next week we MIGHT see a peek at the new A Dozen Furies album, or KMFDMs latest effort Hau Rock.
And now for the top 10 singles in metal (thanks to MusicChoice):
1. Watch Them Die - "Bastard Son"--Last Week n/a
2. Hypocrisy - "Scrutinized"--Last Week n/a
3. Cannae - "Idemnity"-- Last Week n/a
4. Soulfly - "babylon"--Last Week n/a
5. Throwdown - "We Will Rise"-- Last Week #5, Weeks On Chart 2
6. Bullet For My Valentine "Hand of Blood" -- Last Week n/a
7. Arch Enemy - "Nemesis"--Last Week n/a
8. Every Time I Die - "Guitrred and Feathered" Last Week #8, Weeks on Chart *3*
9. As I Lay Dying - "Confined" Last Week n/a
10. Byzantine - "Taking Up Serpents" Last Week 6, Weeks On Chart 2
New Releases From AILD, and Soulfly are seeing immediate attention and I expect to see them in the top next week as well. How can I not talk about Every Time I Die - the only band with a single that has been on the chart all 3 weeks I've been writing the column. Its amazing to see the success their having with the album and single. Watch Them Die's new track Bastard Son is awesome and I heavily recommend checking it out. And there again is Hypocrisy in the #2 slot this time with the single, Scrutinized. Throwdown possibly doing best next to only ETID, as their single We Will Rise stays steady at #5.
Please share this article if you found it interesting.
- Previous Article:
Heaven Shall Burn Check-In From The Road
- Next Article:
System of a Down Streaming New Single On Website
10 Comments on "This Week In Metal: October 6th, 2005"
To minimize comment spam/abuse, you cannot post comments on articles over a month old. Please check the sidebar to the right or the related band pages for recent related news articles.