Augury Issues New Album Update
In what is starting to feel like the progressive death metal equivalent of Dimmu Borgir's long march to obscurity while their fans move on to fresher pastures, Canadian group Augury has finally issued another exceedingly minor update about a new album.
This impending release - whenever it arrives and in whatever form it takes - will follow 2009's "Fragmentary Evidence" (reviewed here). Guitarist Mathieu Marcotte comments:
- The new Augury album has taken 32 packs of guitar strings....which is the equivalent, if you stretch them all, to go back and forth to the moon.
- An amazing amount of green lettuce smoked during the process, like enough to feed a small country for a day.
- 83 coffees, which is enough to stress a person for a month.
- 4 beers...I don't know why, augury doesn't like to drink and play.
- A cat starved while a solo was recorded
- Studio had 2 different locations during the process
- Pat has started to record with no white hair, now its starting to appear on his beard
"Jokes aside, we're almost done with this recording! I'm excited!"
Stay tuned for something concrete to arrive in some indeterminate time in the future. Feel free to twiddle your thumbs till then, or check out a song off an eight year old album below.
Please share this article if you found it interesting.
0 Comments on "Augury Issues Album Update"
Be the first to comment! Tell us what you think. (no login required)
To minimize comment spam/abuse, you cannot post comments on articles over a month old. Please check the sidebar to the right or the related band pages for recent related news articles.