Black Sabbath Voted Best British Rock Album Of All Time
Band Photo: Iron Maiden (?)
Ozzy Osbourne's Black Sabbath have topped a list of the 100 best British rock albums of all time.
Follow-up album "Paranoid" was fifth in the poll voted by readers of Kerrang! magazine.
Ozzy appears in the list six times, more than any other artist. The Brummie rocker features four times with Black Sabbath and twice as a solo artist.
He said that Black Sabbath making the number one spot was a triumph for British rock.
"Back then you'd hear, 'if you go to San Francisco, be sure to wear a flower in your hair'. And we were like, 'what the f*** are they on about?' We lived in Aston, Birmingham, in drizzly rain. The only flowers I ever saw were on a gravestone in our local cemetery," The Sun quoted Ozzy as saying.
Kerrang's Top 100 features a mix of heavy metal, punk and glam rock.
The Top 25 rock songs:
1. Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
2. Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast
3. Sex Pistols - Nevermind The B******s
4. Led Zeppelin - IV
5. Black Sabbath - Paranoid
6. Muse - Absolution
7. The Clash - London Calling
8. Queen - Sheer Heart Attack
9. Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
10. Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible
11. Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
12. Judas Priest - British Steel
13. Def Leppard - Hysteria
14. Black Sabbath - Volume 4
15. The Darkness - Permission To Land
16. Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard Of Ozz
17. The Wildhearts - Earth vs The Wildhearts
18. Lostprophets - Start Something
19. Queen - A Night At The Opera
20. Muse - Origin Of Symmetry
21. Ash - Free All Angels
22. Motorhead - Ace Of Spades
23. Stereophonics - Performance And Cocktails
24. Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go
25. Feeder - Echo Park (ANI)
Please share this article if you found it interesting.
3 Comments on "Black Sabbath Voted Best British Rock Album"
To minimize comment spam/abuse, you cannot post comments on articles over a month old. Please check the sidebar to the right or the related band pages for recent related news articles.