Burden Of Grief Posts "Unchained" Track-By-Track Breakdown
Burden Of Grief is gearing up to release new album "Unchained" on July 18th via Massacre Records.
The band's guitarist Philipp Hanfland was now released a track-by-track breakdown for the first six songs off the album. See what he had to say below:
1. Awaken The Nightmare: It was clear that this song will be the album's opener due to its concise first few seconds. Out of all songs off the album, "Awaken The Nightmare" is the only song I'm not able to put a label on, musically speaking. I'm also not able to compare it to other bands, which isn't a bad thing at all in the end, don't you think?
2. Unchained: One of the first songs we've written for the album and one of the strong ones as well. That's why we decided pretty early that this one's going to be the title track. Our drummer Robb came up with the song's basic structure and Joe refined the riffs. A pretty unusual way to write a song, I know, but it wasn't the first time we did it this way.
3. Sounds Of Desperation: The last song we wrote for the album. Simple and catchy, but also very effective. We've used a Hammond organ in the solo parts, as well as in other parts. Once again unusual for a band like us. But we already used the Hammond organ on our last album and we think it's really cool.
4. Operation Eagle Eye: It took us really long to finish this song. I think every band has already been in a similar situation. The main structure is finished, but something's missing. For us, it was a thrilling refrain. At the end of our songwriting process, Joe came up with the song's refrain and suddenly everything has come full circle. By the way, this song's about the NSA...
5. Fearless Heart: An unusual song, but it's making a difference. The main idea came once again from our drummer Robb, who suggested the cowbell part. At first we weren't sure if it would suit us. But I had a lot of groovy rock riffs in mind and so we made a song that turned out amazing, if you ask me.
6. The Final Chapter: Another song written by Joe, whose songwriting process differs from mine. My songs are usually more straight and catchier, whereas his songs are more multi-layered and complex. Both is interesting and it’s one of the reasons for our album's musical variety. "The Final Chapter" is one of the best songs on "Unchained", if you ask me.
Please share this article if you found it interesting.
- Previous Article:
Varg Vikernes Sentenced For Inciting Racial Hatred
- Next Article:
War Of Ages Streaming "Chaos Theory"
0 Comments on "Burden Of Grief Posts Track-By-Track Breakdown"
Be the first to comment! Tell us what you think. (no login required)
To minimize comment spam/abuse, you cannot post comments on articles over a month old. Please check the sidebar to the right or the related band pages for recent related news articles.