Lullacry Reveals "Legacy 1998-2014" 2CD Set Details
Band Photo: Lullacry (?)
Lullacry returns for the very last time with a 2CD compilation and a new song performed by the original "Be My God" era lineup.
Beginning today, "Legacy 1998-2014" is available for pre-order on iTunes here. When the album is ordered you will receive an instant-grat track download of the song "Hell on High Heels." Spinefarm Records is handling the compilation release, and the label comments:
"Legacy 1998-2014 will give you a great idea of a band that conquered open-minded mainstream audiences as well as please those who have followed the steady and driving progress shown by Lullacry ever since they started out in 1998. Hooklines that won't leave you untouched and a vast amount of dominating melodies with a crafting heaviness in delivery are the main key to the band's irresistible appeal.
"Helsinki, Finland 1998: Lullacry release their first album Sweet Desire on Heart, Trust and Respect Records, then moving to Spinefarm for their 2001 sophomore release, entitled Be My God. Century Media, enticed by the alluring strains, licensed the album and released it in parts of Continental Europe and North America, further expanding their growing worldwide fan base. Promoted by a European tour supporting Edguy, performing live proved that their music and the band was tailor-made for the stage.
"Due to differences then vocalist Tanya left Lullacry, replaced by the hypnotically beautiful and vocally dazzling Tanja. Crucify My Heart (2003) was called by Outburn the band's best album to date having 'the catchiest damn choruses imaginable.' Lullacry then made their first North American appearance at 2003's Milwaukee MetalFest. Once home they recorded 2004's Fire Within EP and promptly returned to North America performing on a sold-out tour supporting Nightwish.
"Buoyed by the tours success the band jumped straight into recording Vol. 4 at Finland's Astia Studio with Anssi Kippo (Children Of Bodom, Entwine) and Finnvox Studio with Mikko Karmila (Nightwish, Stratovarius),who once again, mixed the album. Lullacry returned from a six-year hiatus with Where Angel Fear, the long-awaited fifth album in 2012.
"Lullacry has delivered five all-killer-no-filler type of albums that include the best straightforward song writing formula to be found in their genre. Allow yourself to be drawn in by the band's defined and impressive sense for passionately entertaining heavy rock."
All songs on the compilation were mastered by Svante Forsbäck at Chartmakers Mastering, and the track listing is as follows:
01. Hell On High Heels
02. Damn You
03. Don't Touch The Flame
04. Alright Tonight
05. Crucify My Heart
06. Into Your Heart
07. Be My God
08. Fire Within
09. King Of Pain
10. Sweet Desire
12. Feel My Revenge feat. Mikko Herranen
13. Pitch Black Emotions
15. Thousand Suns
16. Gone Are The Days
17. The Autumn
01. To Every Heartache
02. L.O.V.E. Machine (W.A.S.P. Cover)
03. Head Like A Hole (NIN cover)
04. Unchain Me (Live in studio 2001) - Previously unreleased
05. Whisper In The Chaos '97 feat. Ville Valo
06. For Evermore (Live in studio 1999)
07. The Chant (Live in studio 1999)
08. I Don't Mind (Live at Radio City 2001)
09. Rain (The Cult cover) - Sweet Desire sessions - Previously unreleased
10. May The Times Change - Sweet Desire sessions - Previously unreleased
11. May The Times Change '97 feat. Nico Hartonen
12. My Life (Crucify demo sessions 2002) - Previously unreleased
13. Crucify My Heart Pt. II (Piano version)
14. Children Of The Grave (Live at Tavastia 1999)
15. All For Nothing (Live at Tavastia 1999)
16. I Stole Your Love (KISS cover)
17. Fool's Journey (Instrumental) - Be My God sessions - Previously unreleased
Please share this article if you found it interesting.
- Previous Article:
Hells Headbangers Releases Compilation
- Next Article:
Insense Streaming Full New Album
1 Comment on "Lullacry Reveals 2CD Compilation Details"
To minimize comment spam/abuse, you cannot post comments on articles over a month old. Please check the sidebar to the right or the related band pages for recent related news articles.