"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Heaven Shall Burn Posts New Album "Invictus" Teaser Trailer

Germany's Heaven Shall Burn has launched an album trailer for the band's new full-length record, "Invictus," which is due out in North America on June 8th via Century Media Records. The trailer can be viewed below.

What's Next?

Please share this article if you found it interesting.

You can get related band news and info in the sidebar and on the respective band pages.

11 Comments on "Heaven Shall Burn Posts New Album Teaser"

Post your comments and discuss the article below! (no login required)

n0thinghead's avatar

Podcaster/Writer

1. n0thinghead writes:

i can't phockin' wait for this sh**. i like what i've heard from their myspace.

# May 22, 2010 @ 4:17 PM ET | IP Logged Reveal posts originating from the same IP address
EsotericSurgery's avatar

Member

2. EsotericSurgery writes:

That makes two of us brother...HEAVEN SHALL BURN!!!

# May 23, 2010 @ 2:59 PM ET | IP Logged Reveal posts originating from the same IP address
n0thinghead's avatar

Podcaster/Writer

3. n0thinghead writes:

i'm currently enjoying the album. "given in death" feat. that female vocalist collaborating is pretty damn epic. it's taking me some time to get used to those random techno'ish sounding parts, but they're just synths. also, i've noticed it's kinda got a melodic death metal vibe to it and i'm liking it alot. HSB \m/

# May 25, 2010 @ 8:38 PM ET | IP Logged Reveal posts originating from the same IP address
EsotericSurgery's avatar

Member

4. EsotericSurgery writes:

Didn't realize this was leaked already...listening now...will post my review after :D

# May 26, 2010 @ 3:27 AM ET | IP Logged Reveal posts originating from the same IP address
EsotericSurgery's avatar

Member

5. EsotericSurgery writes:

Gotta be honest...I was hoping for something completely different. While I'm happy they're experimenting...I didn't like the experiment first listen. It may grow on me after a few more listens....but that synth/techno stuff I wasn't a fan of at all. Also, I was really hoping for a bigger vocal expansion...he sounds very one dimensional still. Tim from AILD and Randy from LOG both stepped it up HUGE on their last albums....maybe I was expecting too much.

# May 26, 2010 @ 4:06 PM ET | IP Logged Reveal posts originating from the same IP address
n0thinghead's avatar

Podcaster/Writer

6. n0thinghead writes:

i completely agree w/ u 110% ES =\ but then again, i only listen to HSB for their fast, heavy, one dimension sound anyways. what are ur thoughts on the "give in death" song that i mentioned before in my post #3??

# May 26, 2010 @ 4:25 PM ET | IP Logged Reveal posts originating from the same IP address
EsotericSurgery's avatar

Member

7. EsotericSurgery writes:

Yeah I listen to HSB when I need a really heavy kick in the a$$ too. but you can remain heavy as fvck while still expanding vocally. Look at Tim and Randy...both basically never do clean vocals but they go from scream to death growl to higher screams etc.

As for "given in death" I thought it was a step outwards from their normal, which always deserves a thumbs up from me because so many people sh!t on bands for not "staying true." Overall, can't get down with chick vocalists at all so it just wasn't to my tastes.

# May 26, 2010 @ 5:23 PM ET | IP Logged Reveal posts originating from the same IP address
n0thinghead's avatar

Podcaster/Writer

8. n0thinghead writes:

i love it. combat, the omen, sevastopol (especially the amazing intro), and of forsaken poets are all my fav.'s from this album. u and i are at complete agreement w/ this album and about aild's latest album and log's last album, w/ the exception of our opinion of the "given in death" song lol i'm sexist to female vox too, but sometimes, i like a woman's touch ;)

# May 27, 2010 @ 9:28 AM ET | IP Logged Reveal posts originating from the same IP address
EsotericSurgery's avatar

Member

9. EsotericSurgery writes:

I do too if it fits right...that chick sounded like the new Nightwish singer...if you hear Tarja and then the new singer you feel like you were blindfolded and left naked to walk home from the mountains.

# May 27, 2010 @ 2:14 PM ET | IP Logged Reveal posts originating from the same IP address
n0thinghead's avatar

Podcaster/Writer

10. n0thinghead writes:

phockin' amazing analogy ES!!! now, i gotta check me out some nightwish lol

# May 27, 2010 @ 8:37 PM ET | IP Logged Reveal posts originating from the same IP address
n0thinghead's avatar

Podcaster/Writer

11. n0thinghead writes:

i just saw the HSB dvd disc 1 last night ES. i've had it for months now but havent had the chance to even open it nonetheless watch it until last night. here are my thoughts: the dvd's ok, the arts rlly kool, the menu's nav's kinda gay, and the quality of the videos (music vids, doc.'s and live performances) aren't the best, and now, to review the actual performance. the setlist for both disc 1 (joel) and disc 2 (amarthius) are virtually the same, but disc 2 has a few more, but the few more is just their older more hardcore crap. i only saw the disc 1 performance of them live at summerbreeze. idk wtf that is, it must be in germany annually. marcus (the singer) was speaking in german and i wanted to know wtf he was saying so i scoured thru my living looking for the damn remote to put on the subtitles. 1st thing's 1st, the band's pretty phockin' awesome live, but unfortunately, that's it. they play amazing live and they sound just like they do on record, all of them except for marcus (the singer). on record he sounds like he's letting out a legion from hell from his mouth that's stuck in his throat, but idk if it's me, the dvd quality or the sound quality at this particular performance, but right from the start ("endzeit", epic song) he does NOT sound like he does on record AT ALL!! maybe i just had too high of expectations idk but it was a little disappointing. but what rlly saved him and regained my respect for him (lol) was that he was rlly entertaining at least. he was all over the place, screaming at the crowd and making them do some real crazy a$$ sh** bro. my fav. was during one of my all time fav. hsb songs, "forlorn skies", he made the entire crowd do a big a$$ and weird wall of death where they would run towards each other, only to meet at the middle, run back and then run towards each other again doing a regular wall of death. it was awesome!!

# May 28, 2010 @ 9:29 AM ET | IP Logged Reveal posts originating from the same IP address

To minimize comment spam/abuse, you cannot post comments on articles over a month old. Please check the sidebar to the right or the related band pages for recent related news articles.