"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Nuclear Assault or Exodus?

Posted in: Forum Home >> Classic Metal >> Nuclear Assault or Exodus?

Displaying 24 posts
Displaying 24 posts
Jun 22, 2010 9:02 PM ET #1 (permalink)

just wanted to know which one is more popular in the underground....I personally think both are awesome but i would have to go with nuclear assault, I don't know why but they have more of an "edge" for some reason.

Jun 22, 2010 9:38 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Nah huh, Exodus all the way. Nuclear Assault is good, but c'mon, EXODUS!!!!!!!

Jun 22, 2010 9:49 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Hm... I'd have to go with Exodus. Paul Baloff was a thrash god, plus Nuclear Assaults vocals are nothing compared to Baloff if you ask me.

Jun 22, 2010 10:02 PM ET #4 (permalink)

I think you'll find that while everyone likes NA, Exodus get a lot of cred for being one of the first real thrash acts. Hell, they pretty much defined it with "Bonded By Blood". Exodus.

Jun 23, 2010 5:47 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Exodus, but NA gets a \m/ every time.

Jun 24, 2010 9:50 AM ET #6 (permalink)

...eh..probably Nuclear Assault

-Why don't you think for yourself?

Jun 24, 2010 10:48 AM ET #7 (permalink)

^^^Thinking for yourself won't get you to who is more popular amongst underground metal heads. Why don't you learn how to read AND comprehend.

Jun 24, 2010 3:57 PM ET #8 (permalink)

@Blindgreed1, I just remembered about Brainwashed's lyrics, from Nuclear Assault...
I enjoy Exodus with Baloff ....but I prefer Nuclear Assault because they're have more hardcore influence, Exodus sound more aggressive and darkness, but NA brings more problem and criticals issues...just matter of taste, no involving about who's the best band..

Jun 24, 2010 4:14 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Exodus is good, though not really a favorite of mine, and I haven't heard Nuclear Assault yet. So... Destruction!

Jun 24, 2010 7:40 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Cruz: Lol. Cheers!

Nat: You need to get you some NA brother. Good shit mang.

Jun 25, 2010 6:55 AM ET #11 (permalink)

Exodus. I don't think Nuclear Assault has that many all around great albums. To me NA is somehow a bit of an on/off affair.

Jun 25, 2010 5:00 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Game Over is such a fuckin classic though, love that album.

Jun 25, 2010 6:53 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Game Over, Survive, and Handle with Care kick ass..they're totally classics albums unfortunately very underrated

Oct 7, 2010 5:42 PM ET #14 (permalink)

Exodus

Oct 10, 2010 6:13 AM ET #15 (permalink)

Exodus, NA are fucking excellent though.

Oct 19, 2010 10:55 AM ET #16 (permalink)

Both bands are seriously underated!!!
Nuclear Assualt just kicks too much ass... always been a fan... and while I like Exodus... Nuclear Assualt seem more underground to me... wich makes me love them more... they deserve more credit.. definately

Jan 30, 2011 9:39 PM ET #17 (permalink)

nuclear assault!!! \m/

Jan 31, 2011 7:30 PM ET #18 (permalink)

Exodus!

thehipsterholocaust.com

Feb 1, 2011 7:09 PM ET #19 (permalink)

Exodus hands down.

Feb 2, 2011 5:29 PM ET #20 (permalink)

I need to go with Exodus. I prefer them over Nuclear Assault.

Apr 20, 2011 9:31 PM ET #21 (permalink)

Exodus. Nothing can beat Toxic Waltz.

Apr 21, 2011 10:33 AM ET #22 (permalink)

R10

Although I love Nuclear Assault;especially the song Hang the Pope;I gotta choose Exodus. They get better with age it seems. I really like the newer singer. He's got an attitude;likes to stir the pot! Last time I saw em he came into the heart of Bruins country wearing a Avery NY Rangers jersey! Talking a bunch of shit about the Giants beating our beloved Pats in the Super Bowl and shit. And imo there is not a better representation of thrash metal than Bonded by Blood. A true classic!

May 23, 2011 6:58 PM ET #23 (permalink)

Exodus over Nuclear but not by much. Game Over is better than anything after Bonded .

May 26, 2011 2:21 AM ET #24 (permalink)

Exodus vs NA? Please and thank you.

Of course, I'm almost inclined to give Nuclear Assault the edge just because my car blew out it's transmission on my way to see Exodus :P

(This post was last edited on May 26, 2011 at 2:46 AM ET.)

Reply to Discussion or Return to Classic Metal forum