"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

comments flagged for moderation?

Posted in: Forum Home >> Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback >> comments flagged for moderation?

Displaying 4 posts
Displaying 4 posts
Jan 3, 2017 1:27 PM ET #1 (permalink)

I'm not sure why my comments on news articles are being flagged for moderation. I'm not putting hyperlinks in them. I'm not doing any copy/paste weirdness. I'm not trolling or insulting anyone, so I'm confused why my comments are getting flagged.

Any explanation why is much appreciated.

Thanks!

EDIT: Additionally, I can post from my phone, but not my PC -even after deleting cookies and trying different browsers (Chrome and IE)

2ND EDIT: I'm back in good graces, I guess. Still not sure what happened.

(This post was last edited on January 19, 2017 at 9:05 AM ET.)

Jan 23, 2017 1:12 PM ET #2 (permalink)

It really shouldn't get flagged without a link in most cases, but if you try to repost and have 3 comments flagged for moderation at the same time, then all of them will be flagged until the queue is cleared. I think you had some with links to videos or the like originally that were flagged. Sorry if I was slow to approve them.

Jan 30, 2017 12:20 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the response DB. Much appreciated! \m/

Feb 20, 2017 1:46 PM ET #4 (permalink)

I just tried to post (on the Body Count article) and got flagged for moderation. No links, no copy/paste. Just a long comment that took a bit to type while I was choosing my words carefully.
I don't mean to be a PITA about this... ;)

Reply to Discussion or Return to Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback forum