"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Favorite Death Albums

Posted in: Forum Home >> Extreme Metal >> Favorite Death Albums

Displaying 17 posts
Displaying 17 posts
Jun 16, 2010 8:11 AM ET #1 (permalink)

A tribute to death, pioneers of d metal and legendary metal heroes. RIP Chuck.

Anyways, what are your favorite death albums? List em here ^^

:D

Mine:
Human
Individual thought patterns

Jun 16, 2010 2:15 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Human Probably ...but Scream Bloody Gore, and Leprosy Kick ass!

(This post was last edited on June 16, 2010 at 2:16 PM ET.)

Jun 16, 2010 4:00 PM ET #3 (permalink)

I love every Death album man this is kinda hard, my favorites would probably be Symbolic, Human and Leprosy. Individual Thought Patterns is amazing as well.

Jun 16, 2010 5:06 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Human, ITP - they're all great though.

Jun 16, 2010 6:50 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Every single thing with Chuck on it is amazing!!

Look forward to hearing the unrealesed stuff from Chuck that his mum is pushing through.

Jun 16, 2010 9:26 PM ET #6 (permalink)

@Cruztitucion&Spaghetti: Agreed, the early ones are pretty kickass, but personally I enjoy the later death sound better, a bit more refined imo. Leprosy is pretty awesome.

@Cynic: Totally: Every single one is amazing.

@Trend: Yeah man, same here. But isn't there some problems with the record label or something?

Jun 26, 2010 2:19 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Hard to say which one of them is my favorite. I like every one of them.
Maybe Leprosy or Symbolic (which was the first Death album I listened to).

Jun 27, 2010 12:36 AM ET #8 (permalink)

Either Leprosy or Scream Bloody Gore.

Jun 27, 2010 9:59 PM ET #9 (permalink)

symbolic duh it says so on my profile. I even learned crystal mountain on bass and im currently using that song to teach myself how to scream and play simultaneously. I was never good at multitasking so its bullshit hard lol especially with the rhythm that chuck screams in...

Jul 25, 2010 1:47 AM ET #10 (permalink)

Maybe Symbolic and surely The Sound Of Perseverance
I love the second one more..it was the first album from death I listened to.

Sep 8, 2010 10:50 PM ET #11 (permalink)

Symbolic, The Sound of Perseverance, Leprosy and Individual Thought Patterns.

Sep 11, 2010 11:43 AM ET #12 (permalink)

Scream Bloody Gore, Leprosy and Spiritual Healing. I think the first 3 albums really captured that raw and evil vibe that death metal should have. The albums that came after those seemed more like an innovative musical progression into songwriting and technical guitar playing, but they didn't really do it for me...

Sep 18, 2010 3:11 AM ET #13 (permalink)

Interesting. I'm kind of the opposite of you. Although it might offend some people for saying this, but I always hated the first three. I now respect it it's own form, but I still find it raw, unpolished and just muddy. Of course many people like this. I like the later ones for exactly your point, the musical innovation. And of course Sean Reinert and Gene Hoglan behind the drums.

Sep 20, 2010 11:51 AM ET #14 (permalink)

Most people as you can tell by the replies here, like the albums they were first exposed to. Mine was Leprosy. I became a fan based on how they were writing and recording their material during that time. Scream Bloody Gore is their most simple sounding album, but still holds it's own. Spiritual Healing was along the same lines as Leprosy. The stuff after that, although innovative, was just a little too different. I like it and all, but it doesn't have the same nostalgic vibe.

Sep 27, 2010 3:27 AM ET #15 (permalink)

I see what you mean. I was (and in some ways am) a pretty die-hard fan of Dream Theater, but the early stuff always appealed to me because i grew connected to their music so early in the process.

I started listening to death later, so i see how i dont get the same feeling with the earlier albums. But it's always interesting to note the progression of Death's music album by album.... the song structure, the instrumental work, even the vocals. My favorite album is Human - technical enough to really appreciate with awe, but still groovy and packed with awesome riffs. The later stuff is awesome but loses some of that simplicity.

Oct 7, 2010 12:32 PM ET #16 (permalink)

Leprosy for sure, scream bloody gore was ok too

Oct 10, 2010 6:11 AM ET #17 (permalink)

Leprosy

Reply to Discussion or Return to Extreme Metal forum