"some music was meant to stay underground..."

70000 Tons of Metal - The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Iron Maiden's tour/album

Posted in: Forum Home >> Classic Metal >> Iron Maiden's tour/album

Displaying 4 posts
Displaying 4 posts
Jun 8, 2010 11:28 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Anybody checked out their new single "El Dorado"?

And also, turns out they are headlining the Sonisphere this year along with Heaven and Hell, Anthrax, Slayer, Alice Cooper and Motley Crue. They are going to Stockholm August 7. I leave Sweden right before August starts. Last year, I missed Metallica's Sonisphere. How fucking great. I swear to god I have never been so pissed.

Jun 9, 2010 3:12 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Checked out the new single recently, its alright, it's got a few good heavy riffs but I just felt like they were lacking on some melody. Whatev's, I like every Maiden album and I'm sure this one will be no different.

Was gonna go down to Van to catch Maiden this month but can't anymore cuz a work and other shit.

Jun 10, 2010 4:29 AM ET #3 (permalink)

I just saw the setlist for the tour. All I can say is, if you didn't like Brave New World, Dance Of Death and/or Matter Of Life And Death, you might want to give it a miss as once again, they're only doing five old songs.

Jun 11, 2010 9:48 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Not surprised at all, unless it's some kind of celebratory tour like that Powerslave one in 08 then Maiden seem to really like only playing newer stuff.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Classic Metal forum