"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Bands that don't shaft their bassist

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Music Discussion >> Bands that don't shaft their bassist

Displaying posts 26 - 29 of 29 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 29 of 29 1 2 Last
Sep 10, 2009 5:24 AM ET #26 (permalink)

one of my favorite things about Sabbath was the Geezer was not getting the shaft, and for some good tunes with bass are his solo albums, the first two anyway, cant remember his name right now but the singer sure learned how to suck between the Black Science and Ohmwork

Clark Brown thats it just checked, he was great on BS one of my favorite albums ever. and one of the biggest reason i wanted to learn to play a bass after giving up on the drums many years ago

(This post was last edited on September 10, 2009 at 5:27 AM ET.)

Sep 10, 2009 12:35 PM ET #27 (permalink)

Yeah, Geezer Butler was one of my inspirations to pick up a bass in the first place (the others being Geddy Lee and Les Claypool.. I later idolized players like DiGiorgio and Burton, but I digress..). His presence in the Sabbath sound was huge, and I loved how you could *almost* always hear him playing.

Sep 17, 2009 3:37 PM ET #28 (permalink)

HH/TOG: Have you ever heard Jaco Pastorius?

Sep 19, 2009 12:43 PM ET #29 (permalink)

Yeah, he was a jazz bassist, wasn't he?

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Music Discussion forum