"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Browse Bands By Country

Posted in: Forum Home >> Site Announcements >> Browse Bands By Country

Displaying 12 posts
Displaying 12 posts
Jun 4, 2010 10:08 PM ET #1 (permalink)

Our bands page has undergone a minor update. Now you can easily check out all the newest additions, as well as browse by country! It's fun to see what bands are in other countries like this, although it's clear that we need to open up submissions to fill these lists out more thoroughly. All in time.

Jun 4, 2010 10:14 PM ET #2 (permalink)

^awesome! I've actually been wishing the band page was more fleshed out. I would suggest eventually adding a "by genre" option, though I understand how some people might throw hissy fits depending where you put bands and how specific the genres get or dont get. If you do that, I at least suggest you dont make Cynic do it, because you will have over a thousand sub-sections.

But by country is definitely great. I've been meaning to find out whether there are any good french bands besides gojira and hacride lol

Jun 5, 2010 6:41 AM ET #3 (permalink)

nice... There are some Taiwanese bands with releases that could be added though.

Jun 5, 2010 10:57 PM ET #4 (permalink)

By genre would definitely be tricky because there are so many subgenres as so many bands then blend genres. It's in the back of my head and if I think of a way to do it, I will add that at some point.

Jun 6, 2010 7:38 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Awesome deathrbringer!

When I first started reading the news on MU I was looking for something like this.
Looking forward to using this more offen.

Jun 12, 2010 2:05 AM ET #6 (permalink)

Top effort! As a Kiwi residing in Australia this is an awesome reference to check out stuff close to home while keeping tabs on what's happening across the ditch. Thanks heaps, DB! \m/

Jun 14, 2010 9:22 AM ET #7 (permalink)

Glad to hear it!

Nov 19, 2010 7:37 PM ET #8 (permalink)

TO: Fuck_A_Name "But by country is definitely great. I've been meaning to find out whether there are any good french bands besides gojira and hacride lol"
Good French metal band:
Carcariass , they seem to like particular scales but they have a good few decent songs.

Feb 11, 2011 1:44 AM ET #9 (permalink)

don't know how much work (coding) this would entail: but adding a 'sort by' feature.

EG: clicking on 'year formed' (which would be a link) would sort by ascending (clicking again would sort descending).

Feb 11, 2011 10:27 AM ET #10 (permalink)

Yeah, this is something I have planned, but just haven't got to yet. Thanks for your suggestion.

Feb 12, 2011 12:29 AM ET #11 (permalink)

haha yeah it can get a bit like that.
no probs.

Mar 13, 2011 5:36 PM ET #12 (permalink)

a very good way of incorporating metal music with other countries,,good luck!!\m/

its too difficult by genre,,hell yeah\m/

(This post was last edited on March 13, 2011 at 5:44 PM ET.)

Reply to Discussion or Return to Site Announcements forum