"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

America

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> America

Displaying posts 26 - 49 of 49 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 49 of 49 1 2 Last
Jul 27, 2009 4:17 PM ET #26 (permalink)

Lol Oz every single time I see the thread I think of that song.

I'll avoid your state then X! I don't mind if people think I'm crazy for my belief in aliens.
To me it makes more sense that God or humanity being something special.

Jul 27, 2009 4:33 PM ET #27 (permalink)

wiggs: My area is nice during the winter, but this year is an El Nino year so who knows? We may be snowed in here as well. There's a couple of REALLY big holes in the ground here that are pretty awesome to look at and explore, but our hardcore scene sucks ass.

Jul 27, 2009 5:28 PM ET #28 (permalink)

Re: Cynic and foreigners in general - I think for the most part you'll find that Americans are nice. The big cities are where they are (as a rule) most rude and uptight. So Colarado should be pretty safe.

If you're out towards Washington, DC hit me up. Just don't ask me tourist-y things to do in DC because I'm not much for tourist-y shit.

Jul 27, 2009 5:36 PM ET #29 (permalink)

I'd really like to visit America and Canada too. I hear good things about both countries. I'd like to see all kinds of States there, not just ones like Texas and New York.

Jul 27, 2009 6:00 PM ET #30 (permalink)

All right, not to totally shit on my own state, if you want the best food in the world, bar none, go to the Lafayette, Louisiana area and hit up all the small towns around that area that serve up just good ole cajun food. Depending on when you will be there, see what festivals are in the area and attend those. Good fun and good times. Granted, the bigger metal scene will be in N.O., Lafayette has a half desent scene there as well. Look up the festivals that go on in Louisiana and make a desision from there. Pack light, and bring the skeeter spray, because it fucking hot, and those fuckers are relentless. Now i'm kinda hungry and homesick. Just remember, if you do hit up Cajun country, Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!!!

Jul 28, 2009 11:10 AM ET #31 (permalink)

I gotta agree with Patriot on this, especially if you're talking travel in December. The humidity and skeeters won't be nearly as bad in Louisiana, and at least you shouldn't have to deal with snow. New Orleans is somewhere everyone should experience once. And the food? Can't beat it. I've traveled all over the U.S., and no place has food to match what we get at home.

Course there's not any UFO sights, but if you're into the ghost thing, it's not that far to The Myrtles.. not that I saw any evidence to fully convince me, but it's still a pretty cool place to see. If somebody tries to convince you to hit up the UFO sight at Roswell, don't bother. It's basically nothing but a big hole in the ground and a bunch of touristy crap shops.

Jul 28, 2009 12:49 PM ET #32 (permalink)

I want to go get a shot next to one of those "deadly force is authorized" signs at Roswell.
So I've been looking at tickets and I'll probably be getting a flight to LA (cheaper lol) and then go from there.
Will be coming at the end of January too. Told the boss.

Jul 28, 2009 1:18 PM ET #33 (permalink)

Hey buddy, as I already posted before... If you can get anywhere close to Iowa, your more than welcome to do some traveling with me while I'm on the road.!

Jul 28, 2009 2:15 PM ET #34 (permalink)

Sounds like a pretty sweet deal Godlike, I'm keen.

So when you drive do you go interstate?

Jul 28, 2009 3:44 PM ET #35 (permalink)

I'm starting work with a different company on Monday
( Aug 3rd)
The range I will be traveling will run from here in Iowa out to the east coast and then as far south as the states that border the Gulf of Mexico.! Its a total of 20-22 states.?
My trips will vary from week to week, I will be on the road from M-F and then home every weekend.!

The trucks have double bunks and every option available
including power for laptops and even a small fridge.!
All the comforts of home without the hassles of a woman to nag at me :)

Jul 28, 2009 4:55 PM ET #36 (permalink)

This will be an issue discussed closer to my trip for sure!

Jul 28, 2009 4:59 PM ET #37 (permalink)

Godlike, let me know when you are traveling through my neck of the woods. I will clue you in on some good places to fill your belly with food, arteries with cholesterol, and colon with hostility.

Jul 28, 2009 5:06 PM ET #38 (permalink)

Wiggs, you'll be passing through my neck of the woods so i'll expect a call in Jan.

DB: I travel for work to DC from time to time. You got time to hit a pub in foggy bottom with me sometime? We can talk about what a jerk Wiggles is. lol.

Jul 28, 2009 5:36 PM ET #39 (permalink)

Wiggles -- I know you and I don't really converse much on here, but I'm in Iowa as well.. it'd be pretty cool to meet you and godlike, lol. Just a thought.

Jul 28, 2009 7:17 PM ET #40 (permalink)

wiggles - Hit me up with an email, we can discuss some details when the time gets closer.!

ap1 - Yes indeed, I will let you know when I'm in need of
some good chow down your way.!
I cant say as that my colon likes too much hostility tho ;-)

TOG - That would be cool to hook up some time for
a bite to eat or something.? I'm sure I'll be traveling through your area frequently.?

Everyone - The list of cool fuckers around here is too many to name... So, if I'm traveling anywhere near you, I might just throw an email out to ya.. letting you know when I'm around.!
Although, you might have to meet me at a truckstop or rest area.. Some neighborhoods don't take kindly to an 18 wheeler parked on the street.!
At least my neighbors don't ;-)

(This post was last edited on July 28, 2009 at 7:21 PM ET.)

Jul 28, 2009 8:51 PM ET #41 (permalink)

godlike -- Yeah, I don't think a semi would even fit on the streets of Slater, lol.

Jul 28, 2009 10:22 PM ET #42 (permalink)

Blindgreed, I'm not really that close to DC to just go for a drink. It's probably about a 45 minute drive and since I hate DC driving, I only metro down there. Some of my favorite restaurants are in Bethesda, so that's usually my plan if I am meeting someone down that way.

Jul 29, 2009 12:18 AM ET #43 (permalink)

Is there any wonder why so many of us in Iowa are on the computer? There's nothing else to do!

We've all listened to the corn grow. Don't laugh, you can actually hear it squeak as it grows!

Jul 29, 2009 6:56 AM ET #44 (permalink)

LOL @ BoltThrower "you can actually hear it squeak as it grows!"

Jul 29, 2009 7:06 PM ET #45 (permalink)

He said don't laugh, IN!

And you can always go cross-country skiing in Iowa, Wiggles. What a rush! =P You should've picked summer man if you like aliens. I'm sure we have a crop-circle somewhere.

Jul 29, 2009 7:13 PM ET #46 (permalink)

Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to just lie the fuck down.!

Aug 1, 2009 11:04 AM ET #47 (permalink)

lol. Again with the Norris-isms?

P.S. Chuck Norris is a huge fan of Chuck Norris jokes.

Aug 14, 2009 12:13 PM ET #48 (permalink)

If you come through north carolina email before hand at cosmos69420@yahoo. ill make sure you get some good smoke from here!!!

Aug 14, 2009 1:31 PM ET #49 (permalink)

Oi! Wiggs! Head to the DC/NoVA area to kick it with me!

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum