"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

America

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> America

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 49 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 49 1 2 Last
Jul 26, 2009 8:53 AM ET #1 (permalink)

So I'm planning to visit during your Winter months (I hate Summer) so what to do?
I want to visit NYC, Boston, Roswell and a few other places connected to Hardcore/urban legends/UFOs and what have you.
So what else can I do?

Jul 26, 2009 11:13 AM ET #2 (permalink)

You need to hit up New Orleans so you can see......no check that. You don't need to go to New Orleans.

Jul 26, 2009 1:05 PM ET #3 (permalink)

Iowa is a must. You haven't lived until you've visited here. But only visit during the spring/summer because our winters are ungodly torturous.

Jul 26, 2009 1:16 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Haha well I might come sample some corn hey Termie...HAH!

Jul 26, 2009 3:13 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Champ, you better come to Wa to see me! *nods*

Jul 26, 2009 4:00 PM ET #6 (permalink)

if you come to NYC we'll have to see a local show together. or at least i'll recommend one.

Jul 26, 2009 5:32 PM ET #7 (permalink)

While your in Iowa, you can look me up too.. Hell, you
could probably hit the road with me for a bit of traveling.!?

Jul 26, 2009 5:52 PM ET #8 (permalink)

I can't really say anything. I'm in Canada. Damn it all!

Jul 26, 2009 11:04 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Wisconsin. Madison, to be exact, it's a college town and it's badass...also I live here...lol

Jul 26, 2009 11:37 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Alaska if you have any love of scenery.

Dear god I'd love to see Alaska.

Jul 27, 2009 1:19 AM ET #11 (permalink)

Colorado! Mountains=boners all around.

Jul 27, 2009 1:47 AM ET #12 (permalink)

Definately Wiggs. You ain't know what corn is 'til you've had Iowa peaches n cream. Its the shit.

Jul 27, 2009 2:20 AM ET #13 (permalink)

I'm actually very keen to meet you guys on my trip.
I'll be aiming to be there at the end od December!

Jul 27, 2009 6:44 AM ET #14 (permalink)

Did somebody recommend Iowa? Are you serious? There's nothing to see here.

Jul 27, 2009 7:33 AM ET #15 (permalink)

If humidity is not your thing, don't come to Georgia. Although, it's not as hot this year as it was last year. Global warming my ass.

Jul 27, 2009 8:23 AM ET #16 (permalink)

Notice how they call it 'climate change' now? Global warming and global cooling seem to have everyone on the backfoot.

I'd love to see America... but mostly South America. Your general Ohio, New York, California, Georgia, etc doesn't seem to interest me as much for some reason :(

Jul 27, 2009 8:24 AM ET #17 (permalink)

Global warming is mainly about a shift in climate change. Some places actually have gotten colder while others will get hotter. For example, where I live, it's gotten quite hotter, but I know that in BC (the province of British Columbia), it's become colder. A common misunderstanding of the term "global warming" (which I can understand where the mistake is made) is that it's about every place getting warmer, when in fact it is not.

Jul 27, 2009 10:15 AM ET #18 (permalink)

LOL BoltThrower, yeah so what if there's nothing here. I'm here :P

Jul 27, 2009 10:42 AM ET #19 (permalink)

There is plenty to see in Iowa..
cornfields, soybean fields, pig farms, dairy farms and
several MU members :)

Jul 27, 2009 10:54 AM ET #20 (permalink)

Red

Come to Canada, Quebec City, you'll se it's pretty cool. There is civilization, unlike Iowa....hahahaha sorry I had to say it !

Jul 27, 2009 12:10 PM ET #21 (permalink)

^ Further proof that there is no greater scum than that of a French-Canadian :P

Jul 27, 2009 1:11 PM ET #22 (permalink)

Hey Pursuit of Vikings - I'm in Colorado right now! I have to say, everyone I've met here has been incredibly polite and helpful (and courteous drivers too). Americans sometimes get a bad rap but if the people in Colorado Springs are anything to go by it's a myth.

Jul 27, 2009 2:50 PM ET #23 (permalink)

I live in Montana so I guess I'll give the pros and cons in regards to your criteria. It's great because there is a lot of beautiful scenery, plenty of backpacking/camping/fishing if that's your thing. The UFO stuff isn't too huge here, although in the town I live in our baseball team is named after a UFO incident that occurred in the baseball stadium in the '50s. Supposedly the team manager was alone in the stadium one night when he saw a UFO come down and shine a weird light on him, then leave. Being a rational human being I of course blame it on the Air Force base all of two miles away in one direction and the airport three miles in the other direction (if it happened at all), but hey, if you want to have some fun and go with aliens instead, that's cool.

Can't recommend Montana in the winter though unless you really like freezing cold and mounds of snow. Makes it tough to get around and everything is a dreary white instead of the pretty green.

Jul 27, 2009 3:17 PM ET #24 (permalink)

Hey X, I know where you live, I know where you live. Wouldn't mind being stationed there myself.

Jul 27, 2009 3:41 PM ET #25 (permalink)

AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum