"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Ozzy's new album/single

Posted in: Forum Home >> Classic Metal >> Ozzy's new album/single

Displaying 19 posts
Displaying 19 posts
Jun 1, 2010 7:34 AM ET #1 (permalink)

I recently stumbled upon Ozzy's "new-ish" single, 'Let Me Hear You Scream', from his upcoming album 'Scream'. The single was released mid-April, and the album is due for release June 22.

I loved the single, and am now looking forward to the album. Anybody else heard about it?

Jun 7, 2010 9:16 AM ET #2 (permalink)

I wouldn't call it anything great. But it was a catchy song.

Jun 18, 2010 4:54 AM ET #3 (permalink)

I think it's a great song, I like alot of people was woundering how Gus G. would play but he did a good job can't wait for the new album

Jun 18, 2010 8:51 AM ET #4 (permalink)

Got the new album, it's pretty good. I was impressed with Gus G.

Jun 18, 2010 12:27 PM ET #5 (permalink)

I think Ozzy wants to hear me scream.

Jun 18, 2010 8:01 PM ET #6 (permalink)

^really? Cuz i heard that he doesnt want to stop.

Jun 18, 2010 8:01 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Jun 18, 2010 8:03 PM ET #8 (permalink)

^really? Cuz i heard that he doesnt want to stop

Jun 19, 2010 4:00 PM ET #9 (permalink)

I like the song but the new guitarist is WAY better than that, like if he had more song writing input then the album would be ALOT better. Have you seen Gus G in FireWind? he's amazing but i think he's being limited by working with ozzy osbourne

Jun 19, 2010 4:16 PM ET #10 (permalink)

I agree. Ozzy seems to have been pretty good at holding back great guitarists for the last decade and a half. Everything since No More Tears has been mediocre, including this new song.

(This post was last edited on June 19, 2010 at 4:16 PM ET.)

Jun 19, 2010 11:59 PM ET #11 (permalink)

Yeah around no more tears i think ozzy started going downhill...after the first three decades i think he should have given up

Jun 25, 2010 11:59 AM ET #12 (permalink)

I thought it was unimpressive, but FAN says he heard that Ozzy doesn't want to stop.

Jul 3, 2010 9:21 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Jul 22, 2010 6:19 AM ET #14 (permalink)

I bought the album. My wife liked it. I'll leave it at that.

Jul 27, 2010 4:18 AM ET #15 (permalink)

It is just a mediocre album.
there is nothing special

Oct 10, 2010 8:25 PM ET #16 (permalink)

The album is pretty good. I like the song Fearless a lot from it. I went to ozzfest this year and thought Ozzy put on a great show. He still has tons of energy in him. I also thought Gus G was fantastic. It seems like many people underrate him, but he is a phenomenal guitarist.

Oct 21, 2010 12:11 PM ET #17 (permalink)

I agree with the fact that everything after no more tears hasnt really been very good, but everything before that Including NMT is amazingg. Ozzys always been good at finding awesome guitar players... I dont really thing Gus G is all that great though... he dosnt have very much individuality in his playing at all and most of the new ozzy stuff sounds very generic. However, there were a few badass songs on the album I was suprised to hear that are actually pretty awesome!

Oct 23, 2010 6:25 AM ET #18 (permalink)

I agree, Gus G is EXTREMELY GENERIC!!!! I was watching a Guitar World interview with him and he broke down the solo for "Let Me Hear You Scream". The first part was "a Randy Rhoads tribute", then one of his "signature speed licks" (wtf is that?!?! a signature speed lick, there is no such thing nowadays), then a "Zakk Wylde tribute" then another speed lick.

Originality FTW!

Oct 23, 2010 1:26 PM ET #19 (permalink)

It's not all that uncommon for metal guitarists to openly admit to copping a particular style for a lick or riff here and there because they felt it fit the song. I can't comment on the new Ozzy because I honestly don't care to hear it, but as Psicerio said earlier, the guy's work in Firewind is very good.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Classic Metal forum