"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

When do you visit MU?

Posted in: Forum Home >> Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback >> When do you visit MU?

Displaying 14 posts
Displaying 14 posts
May 20, 2010 10:22 AM ET #1 (permalink)

I've been wondering this for a while now and figured I'll just ask. A lot of people visit more during the week and traffic dips significantly during the weekend - due to not being at work or being busy off the computer I suppose, as well as there being less news to post.

So I'd like to hear from those who visit on the weekends and if you think there's enough going on or if not, what you'd like to see on the weekends to keep you busy. Do you find time to read more reviews on the weekend? Would a weekly wrap-up of sorts be of any use?

On the flip side, the week days are very busy with news. Do you have trouble keeping up then?

So I guess what I'm asking is what can we do better content-wise on the site for either case. Is there anything you'd like to see that we don't do now?

May 20, 2010 11:36 AM ET #2 (permalink)

I usually check every day before bed, or when I'm at the radio station - I use the site for all my news for my rock show. I find it pretty concise all told - never too busy or too quiet.

May 20, 2010 4:10 PM ET #3 (permalink)

As soon as I turn my computer on, I like to check the local news. See what's going on. Than I come on to Metal Underground and see what's happening in the Metalverse.

May 20, 2010 5:33 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Metal news is like crack to me so I'm on here regularly - but I guess I prefer to read content in the week.

May 20, 2010 6:29 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Usually right after school and on nights in which I don't have school the next day.

May 20, 2010 6:43 PM ET #6 (permalink)

I'll be here when I wake up, before an exam, before I go to sleep and sometimes after meals.

I would like to see more new posts on the forums, as most are just a few very long ones.

Very happy with reviews, news and such.

Peace from Shanghai.

May 20, 2010 9:38 PM ET #7 (permalink)

I'm usually on whenever I'm not at school. It's an awesome site and MU is the best metal forum I've ever come across.

May 21, 2010 12:45 AM ET #8 (permalink)

Due to only being able to access the internets on my phone i post a whole lot less frquently than i used to, but i at least read the news on here to stay updated on shit. The only reason im not on here on the weekends is because im busy getting drunk or at the movies with my friends or something. Other than that im reading this site every night aroun ten or later and in the afternoon when work gets slow. Lovin the constant influx of album reviews now though, cuz if the forums or news is slow i head right to that section and start checkin out new bands.

May 21, 2010 3:43 PM ET #9 (permalink)

I'm usually on my computer on weeknights after work and after a good skate sesh. I tend to be off galavanting about on weekends so don't hit up the computer too much. But every time I'm on my computer I always make an appearance at the MU.

May 21, 2010 9:27 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Cynic, that's pretty much how I've always been with the topics I'm most passionate about - news is like crack and I check often. When I was into gaming in the 90's I had a couple sites I'd check several times a day and that's what I modelled MU after.

Lots of people are off doing other stuff on the weekends, which is why it's hard for us to update a ton as well. I was just curious if anyone is missing the extra content during the weekends.

May 22, 2010 5:06 PM ET #11 (permalink)

on the weekend, i generally miss the slower forums more than the slower news.

May 25, 2010 9:27 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Yeah, can't do much about that. Just gotta tell more people to come here!

May 26, 2010 10:52 AM ET #13 (permalink)

I'm usually on here Tuesdays and Wednesdays (my "weekend"), but I check via my phone a couple times a day or so throughout the week, but I can't really post easily from my phone, so it's more like lurking, lol.

May 27, 2010 2:04 AM ET #14 (permalink)

The writers at MU are fantastic. Couldn't be any better.
I constantly check on the news everyday through the week.

Fortunatley I work on a computer all day and I do tend to read everything on here.

I love Diamond Oz's Sunday Threads that highlights a well known band or just lets us know more of the band itself.
Personally I'd like to see more then one band brought to the attention each week ,not to put more work on OZ or the writing team.
Also,
If something happeneds in the news , for instants the death of Dio. Instead of just talking about this news maybe we could all join together (members) and celebrate his life.
It may control the traffic a wee bit.
I guess we could always do that in these sorts of Forums but for others to read would maybe draw some more attention that have never heard of MU?

I think the more to read the better.
Just a thought.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback forum