"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Quality Horror Movies

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Quality Horror Movies

Displaying posts 176 - 200 of 290 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last
Displaying posts 176 - 200 of 290 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last
Dec 2, 2009 1:36 PM ET #176 (permalink)

i thought it enhanced the saw experience.

Dec 2, 2009 1:45 PM ET #177 (permalink)

I am thinking that I may have to view it the same way

Dec 2, 2009 3:43 PM ET #178 (permalink)

i recommend it, really puts you int the film better than 3-d. or at least shackle yourself to a dirty bathroom with some annoying teeneager if you dont want to go extreme.

(This post was last edited on December 2, 2009 at 3:44 PM ET.)

Dec 2, 2009 3:49 PM ET #179 (permalink)

The first Saw movie is great, but it kind of ruins it if you've seen 2-5 first. I liked 2, thought 3 sucked, and haven't bothered with 4 or 5.

Dec 2, 2009 4:12 PM ET #180 (permalink)

Agent- Hmmmmm..... On one hand I would like to experience the movie Alex-style but at the same time I have two annoying teenagers roommates and our bathroom looks like it belongs in a third world country, so I could probably pull that one off, too. Decisions, decisions.....

Hammerheart- Tell me about it! My asshole friend is all ADD'd out most of the time so he comes up with great ideas like making me watch 2-5 but skipping the original. I should have just slapped him and said,"Get back on your meds!"

Dec 2, 2009 5:17 PM ET #181 (permalink)

you know they could have stopped at 1 and it would have been a masterpice. i need to see the rest but i am sure it may diminish the quality of 1. i am happy with owning the first one and will prob just keep it at that.

Dec 5, 2009 3:32 AM ET #182 (permalink)

Yeah, 1 would've been perfect, but there's going to be 8 altogether. Overkill if you ask me.

Jan 5, 2010 3:05 PM ET #183 (permalink)

Alright! Enough smack talk about the Saw series. Read the fuckin book ya inbreds!

However, I watched Orphan last weekend and I gotta admit that it wasn't bad. I never saw the twist comming in the end. Not often I can say that about a movie. I wasn't really a horror IMO, but a good thriller which I recommend if you haven't seen it.

Jan 5, 2010 3:14 PM ET #184 (permalink)

I saw The Orphan and really liked it. Good thriller in my opinion. I knew that little girl was up to no good! lol

Jan 5, 2010 3:17 PM ET #185 (permalink)

WORD Sistahhh!

Jan 5, 2010 3:21 PM ET #186 (permalink)

This movie highlights the fact that all Russians are communists and thus are the creepy ones in movies that do all of the bad things. Remember Zaroff in The Most Dangerous Game?! Like YA.

Jan 5, 2010 3:28 PM ET #187 (permalink)

Rasputin.

Jan 5, 2010 3:51 PM ET #188 (permalink)

is not horror but it is intense- district 9 fucking rocks!

Jan 5, 2010 4:10 PM ET #189 (permalink)

District 9 didn't move me like it did other people. It was okay but the political overtones kind of turned me off.

Jan 5, 2010 4:33 PM ET #190 (permalink)

i really did not see the story of wikas developing (i knew nothing about this film beforehand) and it was pretty cool. mst people i talk to do not like it at all.

Jan 5, 2010 4:43 PM ET #191 (permalink)

I liked it, don't get me wrong, it was just the whole prawns (keffers) thing that brought me down.

Jan 5, 2010 4:52 PM ET #192 (permalink)

I tried to watch District 9 but got bored pretty quick.

Jan 5, 2010 10:14 PM ET #193 (permalink)

^ Yeah, it starts off kind of slow, but it ends up being great if you ask me. I like that they gave the aliens human names, lol, like Christopher Johnson.

Jan 6, 2010 11:18 AM ET #194 (permalink)

So... I'm guessing everyone missed the racial undertones part of the movie that was filmed in South Africa? SERIOUSLY???

Jan 6, 2010 6:37 PM ET #195 (permalink)

your reading too far into it. i am tired of everything being made racial and dont give a fuck anymore. its n ever going to go away and everyone is so quick to play that damn card. so fuck em all. i will be racist against everyone and everything like eastwood in gran torino!
i dont really mean that i am just having a frustrating afternoon and my blood sugar is low.

(This post was last edited on January 6, 2010 at 6:50 PM ET.)

Jan 6, 2010 7:14 PM ET #196 (permalink)

Blind may be reading into it (though I actually doubt that), but that doesn't dismiss what he's picking up on. JRR Tolkien hated allegory and claimed the world wars and industrialization had no deliberate place in the Lord of Rings, yet one cannot help but see their influence.

Jan 7, 2010 1:19 AM ET #197 (permalink)

Blind: No, I definitely caught that, but I still thought it was a good movie regardless of that fact.

Jan 7, 2010 10:14 AM ET #198 (permalink)

Okay, I didn't think I was the only one who caught the irony in that bit. It was ironic and yet a bit of a turn off for me. My sister is an African from South Africa so maybe that's why it lit my fuse the way it did.

Jan 7, 2010 10:42 AM ET #199 (permalink)

^ Understandable.

Jan 7, 2010 11:05 AM ET #200 (permalink)

i originaly though it was going to be a metaphore on how we all are stuck on thisplanet and have to get along, and i was glad it was not really about that. it turned to a fly type horror and then all out action. never saw it coming so it wasa great ride for me.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum