"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Quality Horror Movies

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Quality Horror Movies

Displaying posts 151 - 175 of 290 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12 Last
Displaying posts 151 - 175 of 290 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12 Last
Nov 5, 2009 11:06 AM ET #151 (permalink)

beetlejuice was definitely dark comedy. i loved that film. shawn of the dead would be dark comedy too like zombieland although it did get a little serious at the end. simon penn is total comedian. hot fuzz was great!

Nov 5, 2009 11:44 AM ET #152 (permalink)

i was just talking to my friend that is a film editer and he btought to my attention thay zombieland is not even dark comedy. it is slapstick comedy in a horror setting. absolutely true. shawn of the dead was slapstick mixed with some seriousnes at the end, beetlejuice is a dark comesy as is very bad things.

Nov 5, 2009 12:40 PM ET #153 (permalink)

BG have you seen dog soldiers? i rather enjoyed that one. saw it about 9 years ago and just recently been thinking about it. i dont watch very many horror movies for the fact they are mostly crap. it is hard to find quality in that genre- especialy now. midnight meat train was great. i honestly really liked the texas chainsaw remake. i enjoyed how it was filmed and the settings. i really liked how they went into the family more and made them believable. i am not saying it was better than the original, but i think i enjoyed it more. i liked your point of view on holloween i completely agree andi am waiting to see the sequel. i never made it to the theatre. i dont too often anymore. my home theatre is better than amc or harkins. i really enjoyed high tension ans was about to turn it off after i saw it was dubed then the oral sex scene with the decapitated head got m attention and figured i will give it a chance. it was almost a complete rip off of intensity by dean koontz (the book) until after the gas station scene and they gave you the surprise.
oh yeah did i mention paranormal activity really sucks? fuckin twilight had better characters and the happening was creepier. that should tell you how bad paranormal is.

Nov 5, 2009 2:30 PM ET #154 (permalink)

Watched Hellraiser again this weekend. It pisses me off how such a dark horror movie ends so horribly. The whole 'aim the box at the bad guy' thing ruins it. Just kill the bitch in the end and call it good. That's your ending.

Agent47 - give Evil Dead 1 & 2 a try before Army. The "boomstick" line in Army makes that movie for me. Keep in mind that Evil Dead 2 is a retelling of 1. The scene in E.D.1 when that girl starts calling out the cards, turns into a demon and levitates is unparalleled in my opinion. Aside from the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Nov 10, 2009 10:53 AM ET #155 (permalink)

High Tension is one of my favorites, it swings by FearNet every so often with some other classics.

Army of Darkness was awesome.

@ DIE- yessss. I've never had a Trailer for a movie give me goosebumps before, but 4th Kind did just that. Definantly going to see it.

(This post was last edited on November 10, 2009 at 10:58 AM ET.)

Nov 10, 2009 5:07 PM ET #156 (permalink)

STT: You'd like "Them" then. It was a good French horror up the same general alley as High Tension.

Nov 10, 2009 5:22 PM ET #157 (permalink)

Smash the Tundra: Aliens are my horror film kryptonite. I loathed ET as a kid. I'm definitely NOT seeing 4th Kind. I enjoy sleeping.

(This post was last edited on November 10, 2009 at 5:24 PM ET.)

Nov 13, 2009 9:49 AM ET #158 (permalink)

Watched Trick-R-Treat last night after waiting 2 years to see it. It was okay. Nothing to write home about but it did have its moments.

Nov 13, 2009 11:09 AM ET #159 (permalink)

Saw Trick-R-Treat on Halloween night after most of my friends packed up or passed out.

Definantly had its moments. The short-bus scene was just straight-up creepy.

@DIE- ET always creeped me out as a kid. I'll probably end up staying up for a few nights after 4th Kind myself.

Nov 13, 2009 11:46 AM ET #160 (permalink)

STT: Agreed, they could have easily made a full length movie out of that segment and i'd have been good. I also liked the way they tied in the bus driver and all of the stories together. Still, after waiting to see it for two years it didn't live up to my expectations.

Nov 21, 2009 9:50 PM ET #161 (permalink)

I find it amusing that no matter what role Bela Lugosi plays, he always comes off as really sinister. It's probably why he got typecasted, which led him into his depression and later his drug abuse. Still, he was the EMBODIMENT of what being sinister meant. I will commence watching several more Lugosi films and boo Karloff. :P

Nov 21, 2009 10:59 PM ET #162 (permalink)

I agree Inferno. He suffered from the same thing Vincent Price did, but DAMN was he good at what he did.

Nov 23, 2009 2:59 AM ET #163 (permalink)

I saw the first 3 Leprechaun movies last night. I find those movies to be quite humorous rather than frightening.

I want me gold...

(This post was last edited on November 23, 2009 at 3:03 AM ET.)

Nov 23, 2009 10:34 AM ET #164 (permalink)

The Leprechaun movies are amazing from a comedic point of view.

Leprechaun in da Hood.

Nov 30, 2009 2:15 PM ET #165 (permalink)

I don't know if this really qualifies as horror, or if they'd be more Sci-fi but the Alien movies freaked my shit out.
I guess it's because I just don't like the idea of aliens at all.

Good horror movies - Ginger Snaps, 1, 2 AND the one when they're in Canada. Lol.

Nov 30, 2009 2:50 PM ET #166 (permalink)

I'm so bad about Aliens that Signs freaked me out when it was released. That damn sound. But then I realized those fuckers couldn't exist if they're that allergic to water.

Nov 30, 2009 3:16 PM ET #167 (permalink)

Funny Games.. creepy movie

Dec 1, 2009 1:26 AM ET #168 (permalink)

Exorcist
Event Horizon
The Ring

Dec 1, 2009 3:12 PM ET #169 (permalink)

Bolt: Event Horizon? Really? For me it was kind of meh...

Saw Grace this week, DON'T waste your time.

Dec 2, 2009 1:53 AM ET #170 (permalink)

I've seen a fair few horror movies since they are may movie of choice , i sat and re watch all the jason friday the 13th movies .. and as awesome as they were for their time it just the same movie over and over again until jason x but still then same MO got a bit boring , Umm i say oldies are goodies sometimes , Casket basket , tales of the crypt , Pinhead isss ok , obviously hostel was awesome , 30 days of night is alright , nightmare on elm street kicks ass over the jason movies , last house on the left is a good thriller except for girls has a fairly upsetting rape scene Hell raiser Amity ville , Night of the creeps ... there are a few more
Sucky ass horror movies .. Silent hill ( Game was awesome movie was not ) its bearable i guess , I.T maybe if your 5 its scary ... i cant even watch it now its stupid , I hope they make better horror movies ones with a story to scare you as much as they death scenes ..

Dec 2, 2009 6:50 AM ET #171 (permalink)

I love Event Horizon. Maybe it was more science fiction than horror but the idea that a spacecraft warps to hell, returns, and unleashes upon unsuspecting space marines is pretty cool.

Dec 2, 2009 12:06 PM ET #172 (permalink)

first time i saw event horizon i had bee nup for 3 or 4 days and just smoked some chronic and it was amazing. i ve seen it many times and i like it even sober. i just got saw 1 on bluray on black friday that was fucking awesome. borrowed saw 3 from the neighbor and it was almost better. looking forward to seeing the rest of them.

Dec 2, 2009 12:43 PM ET #173 (permalink)

Agent- My friend ruined Saw for me. One night I mentioned that I had never seen Saw, so he went off on some tangient about how it is the greatest series ever. Long story short, we then watched Saw's 2-5 in one stting. He wouldn't let me watch the first one because he said it was the worst, and I foolishly believed him. I thought that the second one was the best one that I saw and that each one got worse than the one before. The sequels do alot of flashbacks, so I have seen the first one without actually seeing it. Everyone tells me the first one is the best one :(

I haven't seen Event Horizon. Sounds like I should check it out

Dec 2, 2009 12:53 PM ET #174 (permalink)

saw 1 was amazing especialy once you realize a couple of kids wrote it and directed it and they were cut short and to make up for not having the shots needed they used pics to get the points across giving it a unique artistic feel. i thought it was intentional but it was improvisional. story wise it was great. my wife has been avoiding seeing it (she does not like horror movies, she tends to dream about whatever we watch but likes psychological thrillers) but i forced her to watch it over the weekend. as she sat there tied to a chair and her eyelids stapled open she realized this was a great movie by the time it was over. i did not see the ending coming at all.

Dec 2, 2009 1:14 PM ET #175 (permalink)

Yeah, I need to see the first one. That is awesome you gave your wife the Clockwork Orange treatment to make her watch the flick. I picture her screaming in your living room, "It's a sin!" hahahaha

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum