"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Quality Horror Movies

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Quality Horror Movies

Displaying posts 101 - 125 of 290 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 Last
Displaying posts 101 - 125 of 290 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 Last
Sep 9, 2009 11:07 AM ET #101 (permalink)

Bruno: He laid the framework for this one in the first. You'll see what I mean in a couple of months when it's almost gone from theaters. lol.

Sep 10, 2009 11:00 AM ET #102 (permalink)

***********SPOILER ALERT [Midnight Meat Train] SPOILER ALERT***********
You've been warned...

WTF Clive Barker?!? A cyst-saving-slasher flick? It did not disappoint and I didn't even fathom it delving into the depths that it did. Who foresaw eternal Demon Knight monsters fitting into the picture? I enjoyed the end scene.

I try not to break down horror plots but I didn't buy his girlfriend and buddy breaking into the butcher's apartment to look for the camera for one second. Oh yeah...DAMN Brooke Shields...where have you been all my life?

(This post was last edited on September 10, 2009 at 11:00 AM ET.)

Sep 14, 2009 11:17 AM ET #103 (permalink)

Cozen: LOL. Nobody saw that comming, that's what made it awesome IMO. It's nice to be taken by surprize once in a while isn't it?

I watched "The Jacket" this weekend and it wasn't bad for a supernatural thriller thingy (lame demise for the lead character though). Also watched "Mirrors" and while it was okay I didn't think it deserved the 3.8 rating it got from netflix. For me it was sort of meh...

Sep 25, 2009 11:18 AM ET #104 (permalink)

FYI: Trick-R-Treat will release on 10/6/2009. I've heard great things about this movie and it's taken over two years to clear DVD distribution due to the scenes being graphic and offesive.

Sep 29, 2009 8:48 AM ET #105 (permalink)

NE1 seen the trailer for the new Nightmare on Elm Street? Looks like a remake with elements of many Elm St. films in one. I ask because Robert Englund isn't Freddy. Thoughts?

I actually think it is scarier without Englund. His take (and producers) on Freddy just got ridiculously silly and over the top. I liked Nightmare 1 (of course) and 3 ("Dream Warriors" with Patricia Arquette). The puppet scene just stuck with me through the years.

Sep 29, 2009 10:44 AM ET #106 (permalink)

I haven't seen the trailer yet, but i'll keep an eye out for it. I have a hard time trying to visualize a non-Robert Englund Freddy, but I'll probably see it anyway. I wasn't so big on 3 but I loved 1 and 2. Speaking of puppet scenes have you seen Dead Silence yet Cozen?

Sep 29, 2009 11:40 AM ET #107 (permalink)

I'm familiar with Dead Silence, but haven't seen the entire movie from beginning to end. We can't talk puppets without mentioning "Puppet Master." That slug bitch messed me up.

Sep 29, 2009 11:49 AM ET #108 (permalink)

LMFAO!!! You should check it out, I actually bought it after one viewing.

Oct 2, 2009 6:37 PM ET #109 (permalink)

Cozen: Are you into Dexter?

Oct 5, 2009 2:43 AM ET #110 (permalink)

I have something that you might like, maybe. It's a series from my country of Argentina, it's called "Epitafios", or Epitaphs. HBO played the first season with english subs, and I actually really liked it. The acting of the main actors is pretty good, but the extras are iffy. You can watch the episodes on youtube, I'd recommend just watching the first episode, and seeing if you like it or not. It's about a killer who wants to take revenge on all the people involved in a crime that happened years before, but the plot and the way it's made is what makes this series interesting.

Also, I found out Old Boy is part 2 of Park Chan-wook's vengeance trilogy. Just saw the first one "Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance" and i'd recommend it. Still have to see part 3 though...

And what's Dexter?

Oct 5, 2009 11:23 AM ET #111 (permalink)

FTS: Dexter is a Showtime series about a guy who is a blood spatter expert during the day and in his spare time he's a serial killer. It's a great series. I just finished the third season this weekend. I highly recommend it. I will put Epitaphios in my queue this morning. Thanks for the heads up. The Vengence trilogy was good but Old Boy just stood out more for me.

Oct 5, 2009 2:40 PM ET #112 (permalink)

BG1 - I'm familiar with but have never seen Dexter. I will have to check it out...maybe HBO on demand or netflix

Oct 5, 2009 3:03 PM ET #113 (permalink)

Cozen: Actually it's a Showtime series so I don't believe you can watch it on HBO on demand. I personally can't get enough of Dexter. I could easily watch an entire season in one sitting. True Blood is also a very good series.

Oct 5, 2009 5:28 PM ET #114 (permalink)

Point taken...(I've got Showtime on demand as well). I like what I've seen of True Blood, but for some reason I always miss out on the premium channel series'.

Oct 5, 2009 5:47 PM ET #115 (permalink)

Both of those are good ones. I also liked Rome a lot. I prefer to do the netflix thing with the series'. This way I can watch them all together. I don't think i'd watch them if I had to be at the right time and the right place to see them and the on demand thing takes forever to load where I live.

Oct 6, 2009 1:21 PM ET #116 (permalink)

download visitor q that is a sic movie! literally aswell!

Oct 6, 2009 1:35 PM ET #117 (permalink)

Season 1 of Dexter just showed up on Netflix's instant queue. I'll have to watch over the xbox sometime soon. Heard lots of good things about it.

Oct 6, 2009 2:19 PM ET #118 (permalink)

I saw on t.v. the other night that they are coming back with a remake of the V series. I hope it is as good as it once was.

Oct 6, 2009 3:22 PM ET #119 (permalink)

AP1: I never really got into V. A lot of my friends did, but it just never moved me to the point of "getting into it".

DB: I doubt you'll regret it.

Oct 6, 2009 4:28 PM ET #120 (permalink)

Watched the first 15 minutes of the Dexter pilot last night...I'm in. The problem is finding time of which I have none.

Oct 6, 2009 4:59 PM ET #121 (permalink)

You'll find time Cozen. You're in, and that's all that counts.

Oct 15, 2009 11:07 AM ET #122 (permalink)

Anyone hear anything about 'Paranormal Activity'? The commercials just show clips of the audience and the typical announcer voice saying, "The scariest movie of all time". If its anything near that, I'll have to check it out.

Oct 15, 2009 1:13 PM ET #123 (permalink)

I'm skeptical of any movie that claims to be the "scariest movie of all time". Let me know how it is if you check it out.

Oct 16, 2009 10:29 AM ET #124 (permalink)

Will do.

Oct 16, 2009 11:41 AM ET #125 (permalink)

Watched Manhunter (1986) last night. It's a movie by Michael Mann (yes the same guy that did Miami Vice back in the 80's) based on the book Red Dragon which most horror fans already know involves "Hannibal Lecter". Once you get past the sound track and the fashion/hair styles it's actually a pretty good movie. I'd recommend it, especially to CSI LV fans.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum