"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Quality Horror Movies

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Quality Horror Movies

Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 290 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 Last
Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 290 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 Last
Aug 23, 2009 10:37 PM ET #76 (permalink)

Will Smith as Neo would have been a disaster, I think. Nicholas Cage would've been interesting but I'm happy with Keanu. However, even though it's a common role for her, Kate Beckinsale (not actually considered for the role) as Trinity would've been better. Sandra Bullock would've fucked it up.

Aug 24, 2009 11:17 AM ET #77 (permalink)

I am incredibly saddened to hear that Will Smith will be doing Old Boy. Toning down Old Boy will take the steam out of it and bastardize the storyline. Yet another lame ass attempt at Americans remaking an Asian classic horror. Hopefully this will fall to the wayside prior to release.

Aug 24, 2009 8:39 PM ET #78 (permalink)

I saw Planet Terror the other day is it was pretty entertaining. Totally cheesy, but entertaining.

Aug 24, 2009 9:12 PM ET #79 (permalink)

did watch a oldy yesterday
night of the living death a cool zombie movie

Aug 25, 2009 10:48 AM ET #80 (permalink)

DB: Grindhouse flicks were always cheesy. I did like the "trailer" for the Zombie flick on it though. RZ said that if he got enough interest in making it he would gladly do it, but that was the last i'd heard of it.

Wilco: Slow zombies rule.

Aug 25, 2009 11:56 AM ET #81 (permalink)

Yeah, Planet Terror is the kinda movie you can just watch anytime and pick it up at any point in the film. I love those flicks. If you're gonna cheez, you might as well ooze! Speaking of ooze, Rose McGowan has always done it for me. You know that girl gets down.

Aug 25, 2009 2:28 PM ET #82 (permalink)

Cozen: Absolutely, as well as Alyssa Milano. Two very dirty girls i'm sure.

Aug 25, 2009 3:44 PM ET #83 (permalink)

How did we go from zombies to the cast of Charmed? But on that note, Kaley Cuoco, please!

Aug 25, 2009 3:56 PM ET #84 (permalink)

DIE: LOFL... Rose was in Planet Terror and while I agree with Cozen on Rose, Alysa is extremely hot as well and I firmly believe that they were both cast in their roles as a complete coincidence *sarcasm*. Billie Jennkins was a hottie as well, although, I don't think she was half the nasty little slut that Rose and Alysa have been throughout the years. lol. How was the journey brother? Any good prospects?

Aug 25, 2009 4:56 PM ET #85 (permalink)

Yeah, University of San Fran. and Pacific University in Oregon both have great programs. Arizona State is supposed to have a great MFA too but they never got back to me for a meeting so I booked their slot up.

Aug 25, 2009 5:38 PM ET #86 (permalink)

DIE: You wouldn't want to attend ASU anyway. Their loss is SF's gain. Oregon is okay, but if I were you I'd go for USF. Just be sure to wear a flower in your hair. lol.

Aug 25, 2009 6:29 PM ET #87 (permalink)

Both will get apps. Thing about USF is it's not the most wheelchair accessible town. And I already planned on buying bandanas, circular red tinted sunglasses and painting my tires rainbow colors! :p jk

Aug 25, 2009 6:46 PM ET #88 (permalink)

LMFAO!!!

On topic: Has anyone seen The Gray Man? It a story about Albert Fish that was recommended by a friend of a friend.

(This post was last edited on August 25, 2009 at 6:51 PM ET.)

Aug 25, 2009 10:54 PM ET #89 (permalink)

No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Seriously, I just saw the trailer for The Wolfman. Looks promising indeed.

Aug 26, 2009 11:01 AM ET #90 (permalink)

Usually, i'm not so big on monster movies, but The Wolfman has definately gotten my attention. I love Anthony Hopkins' work and and Benecio's definately got potential. Plus the revival of a detective from Jack the Ripper has certainly peaked my curiosity. Did you see the extended trailer or the TV slot?

Aug 26, 2009 11:24 AM ET #91 (permalink)

"District 9" is awesome!

Aug 27, 2009 10:47 AM ET #92 (permalink)

Yeah, I saw you giggin about it on the other thread. I will add it to my list.

Sep 3, 2009 4:53 PM ET #93 (permalink)

The Gray Man was pretty good. It didn't stick to the historical events but hey, that's Hollywood right. Overall, I would suggest it to a friend.

Sep 8, 2009 11:18 AM ET #94 (permalink)

I saw Halloween 2 and The Perfect Getaway this weekend. I can't wait to own Halloween 2. The other one was okay, but no full frotal nudity of Milla which was a let down. lol.

Sep 8, 2009 1:42 PM ET #95 (permalink)

I can't believe I'm going to do this, but I want to plug a PG-13 horror flick. I watched "The Eye" on Cinemax and thought it had at least 4 good scare/creep scenes...specifically the elevator scene. Otherwise, it followed the same old formula most movies have recently. But I did like the creep factor present in the first 40 minutes or so...oh yeah, Jessica Alba is all kinds of hot.

BG1-good to hear about Halloween 2. I've been watching the first one on Skinemax recently and think I didn't give it a fair shake after watching it in the theater. For some reason, I walk out of the theater with the wrong impression of most movies. I could attribute this to that beautiful green leaf in the past, but have no excuse for the past 3 years or so. I typically like the DVD better. I don't know if it is the annoying bastard on the cell phone, sticky floors or the kids yapping the whole time in the thearter. Anyone else notice this?

I've got "Midnight Meat Train" on the way from Netflix. Anyone got a review?

Sep 8, 2009 2:35 PM ET #96 (permalink)

Cozen- I thought Midnight Meat Train was a quality horror flick. I don't want to give any spoilers, but the ending is fvckin strange, to put it mildly and the gore is pretty over the top but still done well. One scene in particular sticks out but by giving details I would ruin it.
I was lucky enough to see it in theaters, despite it's limited showing (had to cross county lines), and was glad I made the 30 minute drive!

Sep 8, 2009 3:54 PM ET #97 (permalink)

Cozen: Agreed with Bruno. Midnight Meat Train will not dissappoint you. I also agree with the take on theaters. I have finally convinced the little woman to hit the drive in anytime we catch something that hasn't been released to DVD. I am a smoker, so for me it's nice to sip a brew and smoke while I watch the movie. We crank up the speakers and the sound is nearly as good as the theater as well. Lastly, the cost is no comparison. $12.00 per car. I didn't enjoy The Eye as much as you did, but it's likely that is because I saw the Asian version first. If you liked what RZ did in the first one, you'll really like H2. He didn't follow the origional script at all and the character development he spent so much time on in the first one paid off in the second. I really liked it.

Sep 8, 2009 4:23 PM ET #98 (permalink)

Agreed with Blind when it comes to drive-ins, they are by far the best way to see a movie. I am a toker, so for me it's nice to sip a brew and smoke while I watch the movie, haha.
I know I will end up seeing Halloween 2 in week or so and will see how it goes.....at this point I am kind of expecting a decent horror flick.

Sep 8, 2009 4:34 PM ET #99 (permalink)

Bruno: I would suggest watching the first installment before you go. I had to reference it when I got home to be sure I had everything correct. Beyond that, throw everything you've seen about Michael Meyers away to the back of your mind so that you can see it for what it really is. Most of the reviews I've read; the reviewer is consumed with how different this H2 is from the first. RZ wasn't remaking H2 he made it HIS way. If you spend your time comparing you'll miss the good stuff. I loved it and can't wait to own them both so that I can watch them back to back.

Sep 8, 2009 7:03 PM ET #100 (permalink)

BlindGreed- The only Halloween that I ever thought was good enough to buy was the original one. Judging from the previews that I have seen RZ's H2 and it looks like he did with this one what I wanted him to do with the first one. That is, instead of remaking, I wanted him to make it his own.
I usually lag with seeing new movies though, procrastinating unitl the week before they leave the theater.
Last week I finally saw GI Joe, and that was one I had wanted to see since the first day it came out, lol.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum