"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Quality Horror Movies

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Quality Horror Movies

Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 290 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 50 of 290 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 Last
Jul 29, 2009 10:58 AM ET #26 (permalink)

Cozen: Sorry brother. That's almost 2 hours of your life you'll never get back.

Jul 29, 2009 11:02 AM ET #27 (permalink)

Pretty much, if it has dead in the title you're good to go. Evil Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Dead Alive/Braindead etc.

Oh and if you're like me and like old movies, anything with Vincent Price in it is the best.

(This post was last edited on July 29, 2009 at 11:05 AM ET.)

Jul 29, 2009 1:26 PM ET #28 (permalink)

The Man with the Screaming Brain ftw lol

Jul 29, 2009 3:00 PM ET #29 (permalink)

"crossroads" starring britney spears Id say that was scary...Perhaps you ment a diffrent scary?

Jul 29, 2009 5:17 PM ET #30 (permalink)

Jsin: Definately scarry, and a little bit nauseating.

I'm getting "Witchboard" (another Korean horror) and "Unborn" tomorrow. Anyone have any thoughts on "unborn"? I've gotten mixed reviews on that one.

Jul 29, 2009 5:24 PM ET #31 (permalink)

Unborn isn't too bad.! Ive seen better.. but Ive seen some that were A LOT worse!

I still have not been able to finish watching "A Haunting in Conn." because Ive been a bit wrapped up with some other nonsense ;-)

Motel Hell huh? Damn, I haven't seen that since the 80s...A classic Rory Calhoun movie right there.!
"It takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent's fritters"

(This post was last edited on July 29, 2009 at 5:25 PM ET.)

Jul 29, 2009 9:53 PM ET #32 (permalink)

I watched a wicked french produced horror unrated with english subtiles called "Inside" best ive seen in ages,real gore,very realistic and a great storyline,with a twist at the end,had me on the edge of my seat,also one called"Rec"(Abbrev from Record) also subtiled,its a zombie movie,filmed very well.worth watching.

Jul 30, 2009 11:02 AM ET #33 (permalink)

Another good french film is "Them". Great suspense, thriller/horror.

Jul 30, 2009 3:53 PM ET #34 (permalink)

I'd definitely recommend "Behind The Mask: The Rise And Fall Of Leslie Vernon" to any slasher fan. It's hilarious and it's got moments of unpredictability. For new flick's sake, I'd recommend "Captivity." The last half hour of it is very random and batshit. "The Thing" is good for any of those who haven't seen it. And I just saw "Suspiria," an old school witch movie, and it is shot in a very interesting way. Never knew colors could create suspense.

Jul 30, 2009 3:56 PM ET #35 (permalink)

^ So you finally got an account on here bra.

Jul 30, 2009 4:25 PM ET #36 (permalink)

I was going to suggest Susperia, but didn't think it fit here. The music is fucked as well.

Jul 30, 2009 5:05 PM ET #37 (permalink)

The Italian horror moguls never did it for me (Argento, Fulci, etc.) personally. The odd juxtaposition of random shots, the complete lack of story, characters behaving in seriously odd ways for no adequately explainable reason, it all adds up to a big mess. Now no one can say they don't have atmosphere or personality, but personally I just don't dig it.

If you guys liked Suspiria there is a whole word of Italian horror out there for you. Check out The Beyond, City of the Living Dead, and The Church, they're good jumping off points to tell if you'll like the rest of it.

Jul 30, 2009 5:10 PM ET #38 (permalink)

What about Shazaam? The one where Shaq plays a genie.

Jul 30, 2009 6:18 PM ET #39 (permalink)

I checked out "Behind The Mask" but it took so long to develop I never finished it.

Horrorfest comes out in January now. Kind of a drag. I liked it better when they did them for Halloween. In the mean time, Dexter season 3 will be released next month. I do loves me some Dexter.

Aug 2, 2009 5:59 PM ET #40 (permalink)

BlindGreed: Yeah, it does take a bit to start up, but I think it gets good once it does.

XFuriathX: I will try to check out all your recommendations, but I'm also not sure if I could watch too many movies in the style of Argento either.

Btw, is Hostel 2 any good? I liked the first one, and I've heard mixed reviews on part 2.

Aug 2, 2009 7:31 PM ET #41 (permalink)

^ Part 2 sucked bra.

Aug 2, 2009 10:26 PM ET #42 (permalink)

Oz - lol...You mean "Kazaam" right?

"I am Kazaam!" "I will grant you 3 wishes" followed by a lame set of bar rhymes.

(This post was last edited on August 3, 2009 at 3:19 AM ET.)

Aug 3, 2009 12:33 PM ET #43 (permalink)

Hostel II was not as good as the first. Also, I watched Witchboard this weekend and wouldn't recommend it.

Aug 3, 2009 1:03 PM ET #44 (permalink)

...besides the inverted boobie blood bath boasting big-screen brilliance.

Alliteration "homes"

Aug 3, 2009 6:54 PM ET #45 (permalink)

Cozen: Have you seen "Them" yet?

Aug 3, 2009 8:23 PM ET #46 (permalink)

Hostel 2 is worth watching if you liked the first one, but it's definitely not as good. Personally it got over hyped for me. I read a review that told me I would leave the theater "feeling dirty," but that didn't happen at all. The Countess Bathory scene was exceedingly awesome, but other than that its kind of a watered down rehash. It also lacks the building dread and desire to see the main character bring about his revenge that the original had.

Aug 3, 2009 9:21 PM ET #47 (permalink)

Shit . The last time I left a theater "feeling dirty"
was back in 91 when I went to a movie with Paul Reubens.

Aug 4, 2009 9:35 AM ET #48 (permalink)

BG1 - I just watched the trailer for THEM. I will definitely check it out right away.

"If you try to fight them...they will kill you"

That's kinda straight forward.

Aug 4, 2009 10:46 AM ET #49 (permalink)

Perstilence: LMFAO!!! Ha-ha! *in a Pee Wee Herman voice*

Cozen: While it has it's gory moments it's really more of a thriller but definately worth watching. Enjoy.

Aug 5, 2009 5:36 PM ET #50 (permalink)

OK, I just watched the trailer for Zombieland. That shit is going to be hilarious.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum