"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Quality Horror Movies

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Quality Horror Movies

Displaying posts 226 - 250 of 290 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 Last
Displaying posts 226 - 250 of 290 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 Last
Jan 14, 2010 3:44 PM ET #226 (permalink)

BTW CoHace, there's some really good movies suggested in the previous pages. Check em out.

Jan 14, 2010 3:52 PM ET #227 (permalink)

yeah, ive seen alot of them though

Jan 15, 2010 10:44 AM ET #228 (permalink)

cohace- yeah captain spalding is the man!!!! again i like em better as part of the devils rejects family. the mother reminds me of mine hahaha :p everyone look up battle royal! visitor Q, and ichi the killer u will not b dissapointed with any of them i promise!!!! iwanna know what u fuckers thought of them!

Jan 15, 2010 2:44 PM ET #229 (permalink)

KK: they're in my Q. Have you sen "Blood: The Last Vampire" yet? I watched it last night and it wasn't bad for a Japanese vampire film.

Saw "Reker" last night. I liked it. I'd recommend it.

Jan 15, 2010 2:51 PM ET #230 (permalink)

BG- You ever saw the Anime version of Blood: the Last Vampire??

Jan 15, 2010 3:14 PM ET #231 (permalink)

SB: It was advertised before the movie last night. I'm not into Anime like you crazy kids are, but it looked okay. I think the movie was intended to be a real life Anime. The special effects had the "Anime look" to them which was cool and the heroine was a bad ass with her sword. My only complaint was the CGI demons were a little hoakie.

Jan 15, 2010 3:44 PM ET #232 (permalink)

BG- Yes it had cool special effects!

Jan 18, 2010 9:49 PM ET #233 (permalink)

i personally think "the fourth kind" was scary as shit!! i kinda wanted to be abducted (minus the probing of the nether-regions) just to see what it was like but not now. that shit is fuckin crazy.

Jan 19, 2010 9:53 AM ET #234 (permalink)

MS: Haven't seen it yet, but it's in my queue. Don't spoil please.

Jan 19, 2010 4:57 PM ET #235 (permalink)

i heard the fourth kind was really scary, and it has my favorite actress in it, Milla Jovovish =D

Jan 19, 2010 5:00 PM ET #236 (permalink)

CoHace: Milla is my girlfriend's name. Did you know that MJ has a CD out? She's a pretty good singer.

Jan 19, 2010 5:22 PM ET #237 (permalink)

BG: no i didnt, whats it called? shes so hot though and she was in Resident Evil so thats why shes my fav

Jan 19, 2010 5:58 PM ET #238 (permalink)

CoHace: I'll ask my Milla tonight. lol.

Jan 25, 2010 9:52 AM ET #239 (permalink)

F*ckin love horror movies. Rob Zombie's Halloween was excellent. Watched Paranormal Activity the other day-pleasantly surprised. Admittedly, there's not much originality in horror movies anymore, and some get too predictable, but there are some with great plots. And a good slash fest is always good. Have to say the Saw movies are incredible.

Jan 25, 2010 10:46 AM ET #240 (permalink)

Anyone saw the preview for Horrorfest 4??????

Jan 26, 2010 11:38 AM ET #241 (permalink)

crushem: There are some really good ones mentioned in the previous pages.

KK: Checked out Ichi last night. I was mildly dissappointed. The plot just seems to roam around and never settles in one direction or the other. Thew gore was good, but I just expected more from Miike. Couldn't make heads or tails out of the last scene where the guys mouth falls back (revealing the cuts from the scars he had through the whole movie).

SB: Possibly, i'm on their mailing list. Which were you referring?

Jan 26, 2010 11:45 AM ET #242 (permalink)

Meh. I thought the first Saw movie was really good. It was a good watch and entertaining but they should have stopped at the third one. The fact that they've decided to do a seventh is just ridiculous.

Jan 26, 2010 11:56 AM ET #243 (permalink)

BG- The one with Dread, Hidden, The Final, Kill Theory etc........??

Oz- Wow someone who has the same opinion on that movie!!! lol I know this will sound wierd but....i laugh during those movies....lol

(This post was last edited on January 26, 2010 at 11:59 AM ET.)

Jan 26, 2010 2:49 PM ET #244 (permalink)

SB: Yeah, it looks promising. last I heard they still don't have all te movies started yet. I was hoping for another October release but I think those days are over.

Oz: They'll go all the way to 8.

Jan 26, 2010 2:53 PM ET #245 (permalink)

Not so sure on that one BG. I'm amazed they're doing 7 considering 6 failed pretty hard at the box office. This one's gonna be all 3D or some shit though so I think if they can get it done well with that novelty then they'll keep shitting them out.

Jan 26, 2010 4:46 PM ET #246 (permalink)

Oz: They've already signed the deal and committed to production to complete all 8 (as it was in Jigsaw the book). I still haven't seen 6 yet because i'm waiting for the DVD to be released, but i'll admit I was dissappointed in 5. I wish the director of 1 was still alive. :-(

Jan 30, 2010 9:33 AM ET #247 (permalink)

it's been a while...fam and work you know?

Just cut Netflix back on and have District 9, Pandorum, Trick R Treat in queue. Anymore recommendations? Doesn't necessarily have to be horror, but its preferred.

BTW...I saw Drag me to Hell and thought it was fun. You have to understand the cheese that comes with Sam Raimi, but I like cheese.

Jan 31, 2010 2:36 PM ET #248 (permalink)

Crushem: I'm sorry to day but I think that Saw is terrible

Cozen: atch Event Horizon, Sunshine and i heard Fire in the Sky is scary as hell

Feb 1, 2010 10:32 AM ET #249 (permalink)

Cozen: Watching Pandorum tonight. Good to read ya again. Hoping all is well. Reeker was funny and well done.

CoHace: Fire in the Sky was meh for me. I certainly wouldn't say that it was scary as hell. Sunshine was okay though. Not scary but okay just the same.

Saw Jennifer's Body this weekend. It was funny. I had a hard time with all of the EMO in the soundtrack but all in all it was a funny horror.
Also saw 9 last week. I was dissappointed.

Feb 1, 2010 10:45 AM ET #250 (permalink)

Anyone got any good old black and white horror for me to watch? I need my fix.

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum