"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Bring Me The Horizon

Posted in: Forum Home >> Core >> Bring Me The Horizon

Displaying posts 51 - 68 of 68 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 51 - 68 of 68 1 2 3 Last
Feb 12, 2011 10:18 AM ET #51 (permalink)

@Rayze: Jeezus, I didn't even know that. My god there's so many "sub genres" and "sub sub genres" of music that it's almost impossible to keep track!

Forget I said Queercore, BMTH are Shitcore.

Feb 12, 2011 6:47 PM ET #52 (permalink)

i always preferred metal to deathcore but i recently moved to an area that has stacks of venues around it and a nearby mate who loves the shit.

so one thing lead to another...and now i listen to more death than metal!

someone mentioned Thy Art Is Murder... killer band. i saw them live a month or two ago (had never heard of them) and they blew my mind.

on the topic of BMTH i really dig their early stuff (and their 'cut up' album has some really sweet remixes which appeal to a different musical taste of mine) buuuut i wasn't such a big fan of the new album. apparently ollie is starting to tone down his screaming as his voice is giving out on him after shows. kinda sucky.
also; they're pretty damn sweet live too. though admittedly for me to dislike a band i see live they have to be pretty abismal.
http://www.youtube.com/user/mtrevitt#p/u/81/5fVoKRxFwIw

PS metal loving asshole: shitcore is a different type of music (electronic....similar to breakcore or speedcore. used to be big in the underground scene here in australia, still is but the scene is way too reclusive these days).
hahaha agreed on the ridiculousness of how many sub sub (sub?) genres there are.

Feb 12, 2011 8:40 PM ET #53 (permalink)

@freshforit: Now "Shitcore" is an actual "subgenre"??? Now it's just not funny anymore. What's next? Loungecore???
Lol

Feb 12, 2011 9:25 PM ET #54 (permalink)

not now.... shitcore's been around since the mid-late 90's.

at least that's what we called over here.
keep in mind it has very little to do with metal.

Feb 13, 2011 5:27 AM ET #55 (permalink)

Well MLA, here's where you'll get even more weirded out. I used to be the frontman of a band called Drunk Edge, which mixed lounge music with old school hardcore like Bad Brains and Black Flag, so technically, yep, Loungecore has already been done!

(This post was last edited on February 13, 2011 at 5:29 AM ET.)

Feb 13, 2011 6:02 AM ET #56 (permalink)

hahaha n1

Mar 18, 2011 8:13 PM ET #57 (permalink)

I dont like em, but id reccommend suicide silence to anyone who listens to bmth.

Mar 20, 2011 7:19 AM ET #58 (permalink)

Oz, you got any songs from that band to show?

Mar 20, 2011 11:07 AM ET #59 (permalink)

Unfortunately we never recorded anything, but the old Myspace is still up if you wanna have a look?

http://www.myspace.com/drunkedgeoi

Mar 21, 2011 6:47 AM ET #60 (permalink)

ah too bad, you should have recorded some stuff. It would have been intriguing.

Mar 21, 2011 7:36 AM ET #61 (permalink)

It would have been great to have recorded something. The thing is, the sole intention of the band was to be the most wretchedly awful group ever, so perhaps we thought it was kinda pointless recording some of the songs.

Mar 22, 2011 7:02 AM ET #62 (permalink)

yeah I guess. wait but what did you do then? the myspace said something about not doing live gigs...

Mar 22, 2011 9:49 AM ET #63 (permalink)

We mostly just played music in the drummer's bedroom and got drunk. It was more about being friends than being a band I suppose.

Mar 25, 2011 2:20 AM ET #64 (permalink)

Okay I hate "core" with a passion so I should probably just skip this forum subsection entirely but my girlfriend has taken me to a few live metalcore and nu-metal shows as of late. I have to admit that I had an excellent time at Chimaira. Shadows Fall and all the other bands with them made me vilely ill.

Two core bands I have a lot of respect for is Asking Alexandria and the crazy minds behind The Devil Wears Prada (Sassafras on coke is heaven, my friend Jim is trying to tell me as I type this). I don't listen to either band but I totally dig the music when I hear it playing at local parties and can understand someone's appreciation of that music. Similarly I - ok hit me now - can understand people thinking In This Moment is a bit catchy. But that's where all my mushy and (sorry) girly feelings end.

Bring Me The Horizon is extremely horrible. I won't rant and rave about why but almost any metalcore band you can pick out of a hat is probably better than BMTH. Not to mention... hey, Hot Topic (North America) is BMTH's largest supporter lately. That SHOULD tell you something about the quality of the music you're getting with ANY BMTH release.

So to sum it up... totally down with all the "shitcore" comments. And honestly BMTH is shitcore.

(This post was last edited on March 25, 2011 at 2:23 AM ET.)

Mar 28, 2011 5:33 AM ET #65 (permalink)

Asking Alexandria? I am the opposite of you tranquilstorm, I enjoy listening to them, but I do not respect them, the stuff they play would be so easy to write.

Apr 19, 2011 8:24 PM ET #66 (permalink)

If you guys like BMTH's stuff. Check out Winds of Plague. They just came out with a new album called "Against the World". I just picked up a copy at Best Buy because its only 7 dollars. Worth the money in my book. Sounds Br00tal as sheet. They also have a downloadable track up for free on itunes right now. :)

Apr 19, 2011 9:10 PM ET #67 (permalink)

^^^ they are pretty bad ass live and heavy as hell, BUT they're music is breakdowns-full. i counted the night i saw them, i was just there for after the burial and as i lay dying, and WoP had OVER 15 breakdowns. some songs actually had more than just 1

on topic: bring me the homo are sofa king terrible. just saw them live this past sunday. i took my gf to see a day to remember, and they were there. absolutely horrible. the so-called "singer" did horrendous. and he's also a jackass and cannot sing for "shite" (as he would say it), also his scream are atrocious. i mean, doing screamo-type of yells over music of the band playing some kind of an attempt to do a soft ballad of that sort, that's just a disgusting recipe for disaster.

Mar 20, 2012 10:33 AM ET #68 (permalink)

I hate BMTH. I dont like most of their stuff. but I must admit that their song "Diamonds arent forever" gets me pumped up every time.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Core forum