"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Bring Me The Horizon

Posted in: Forum Home >> Core >> Bring Me The Horizon

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 68 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 68 1 2 3 Last
May 17, 2010 4:32 PM ET #1 (permalink)

I just recently was introduced to BMTH, and am really digging their shit. I'm sure you folks can recommend some similar ear-stuffing.

May 17, 2010 5:17 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Don't know how familiar you are with the deathcore genre so just to be on the safe side I'll list some of the ones I know. Stigma, The Number Twelve Looks Like You, new Cryptopsy and Job For A Cowboy. As far as I can tell they're the same sort of thing as BMTH.

May 18, 2010 1:19 AM ET #3 (permalink)

I'm not big on deathcore but I would recommend Whitechapel, they're one of the better ones

May 19, 2010 2:24 AM ET #4 (permalink)

i agree white chapel is good as well as job for a cowboy. also should this armor fail is decent

May 28, 2010 8:51 AM ET #5 (permalink)

BMTH was good at first but not im starting to see a lot of people that like them is all because of their "hot" lead singer. sad.....really

May 30, 2010 2:03 AM ET #6 (permalink)

All most of their fans ever liked them for was their "hot vocalist", that's nothing new... I'm just sayin'. I enjoyed Suicide Season but I can definitely see how a lot of true metal fans find them irritating.

(This post was last edited on May 30, 2010 at 2:03 AM ET.)

May 30, 2010 11:00 PM ET #7 (permalink)

Honestly, I've never listened to them. Maybe I'll get the motivation to someday, but not likely. My already-low interest in -core music has faded exponentially the past couple months.

May 31, 2010 9:16 PM ET #8 (permalink)

I'd like to think of myself as a personal cd reviewer.
I get alot of the new cds and review them for anyone that needs to know what's good and what they are looking for in a band.

This band is pretty good at what they do.
I mean, It's not technical, It's not death metal and It is certainley not the best Deathcore band.
As far as deathcore goes, I can only involve myself into it a little bit.

Bands that are worth listening to in the genre (I think) are :
Through The Eyes Of The Dead
Whitechapel
Born Of Orsis
All Shall Perish
Widow The Sea (Australian)
Thy Art Is Murder (Australian)

Check the last 2 bands out if you haven't heard them, They are pretty darn good.

Jun 8, 2010 8:36 AM ET #9 (permalink)

id suggest Chelsea grin

...orr here comes the kraken.they are from mexico. they are pretty good tho.

Jun 24, 2010 5:24 AM ET #10 (permalink)

This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone. I appreciate the concern which is been rose. The things need to be sorted out because it is about the individual but it can be with everyone.
=====================================
Mens Health Blog

(This post was last edited on June 24, 2010 at 5:25 AM ET.)

Jun 29, 2010 8:38 AM ET #11 (permalink)

Dizzyasian has got it right. HCtK is amazing.

If your getting more into deathcore despised icon, and any of the bands under sumerican records (hence sumerian-core, some bands include veil of maya, born of osiris) are worth listening to.

But what I personally dont like about deathcore is just all the poser bands acting emo, gangster, or both. I mean, c'mon, it's a fusion genre of metal, not hip-hop or post-hardcore.

Jul 18, 2010 9:54 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Terrible band, even worse live too.

Aug 15, 2010 10:07 PM ET #13 (permalink)

I agree with Wiggles. Bring Me the Horizon's most recent album was extremely disappointing. I don't even find myself listening to Count your Blessings by them anymore, and that was my favorite album for a while. Oli Sykes's vocal ability is lacking. I skipped them at Warped tour to see Suicide Silence. It was worth it.

The core bands I've been listening to lately are Chelsea Grin, Whitechapel, Carnifex, Born of Osiris, Suicide Silence, Impending Doom, Job for a Cowboy, and Parkway Drive.

If you really liked BMTH's Suicide Season, then I suggest to you The Devil Wears Prada and Asking Alexandria. Both are good bands and a lot better then BMTH in my opinion O_o

Sep 5, 2010 6:09 PM ET #14 (permalink)

BMTH is turning into a softer band from when they first started out.
Everyone has good opinions , whitechapel , Chelsea Grin , Thy art is murder , if you wanna listen to heavier stuff.
but if your more into BMTH....The devil wears prada , Asking Alexandria should work out for you.

Sep 5, 2010 6:15 PM ET #15 (permalink)

I saw BMTH's new video last night. It was hilariously dog shit.

Sep 6, 2010 4:40 PM ET #16 (permalink)

they suck lol

Sep 30, 2010 3:20 PM ET #17 (permalink)

i gave a shot @ listning to them and gave up almost instantley, they suck, i agree

Sep 30, 2010 5:37 PM ET #18 (permalink)

well as bad as they are, it depends on what you listened to by them. Musically speaking, Count your Blessings is the closest thing to metal out of all their releases. Of course i'll catch some backlash for comparing bmth to metal but bear with me. Their 2 latest albums are post hardcore

Sep 30, 2010 5:37 PM ET #19 (permalink)

well as bad as they are, it depends on what you listened to by them. Musically speaking, Count your Blessings is the closest thing to metal out of all their releases. Of course i'll catch some backlash for comparing bmth to metal but bear with me. Their 2 latest albums are post hardcore

Sep 30, 2010 11:32 PM ET #20 (permalink)

I don't know about you guys, but all I care about in a band is how hott the lead singer is. It doesn't matter if they sound like cats being drowned in more cats, if the guy slam-dancing in the middle of the stage and dry-heaving into a mic is one big steamy pot of hot that's all it takes for me to get their entire back story from Wikipedia, order all the ugly merch I can find, and download every album they've ever released. Then if I'm lucky I can catch them on Conan that night.

Oct 1, 2010 12:24 AM ET #21 (permalink)

typical dumb blonde^

Oct 1, 2010 3:16 AM ET #22 (permalink)

To be honest, any girl who listens to BMTH knows who Oli Sykes is and think he's the best looking dude in the world ^^

Oct 1, 2010 12:59 PM ET #23 (permalink)

Do they not have sarcasm in Canada, Spag_Mo? You're a fool.

The truth is if all the guys from BMTH were fat and ugly, no one would have heard of them. The girls wouldn't love it and the guys wouldn't think it's cool to listen to them, so they probably would have never even reached a point in their career where they could have even left the U.K. and comes to the States, let alone have their CDs released here or have anyone care.

There's no authenticity with these guys, it just seems like the songs were built from a collection of br00tal ideas written on pieces of paper, put together in a hat, and splashed out on the floor. What really kills me is the overuse of studio production tricks. There really doesn't have to be cool drum filters, bass booms and obvious vocal manipulation in every song; I promise.

Why listen to me though, right? I'm just a dumb blonde who doesn't know shit about metal.

Oct 2, 2010 12:38 AM ET #24 (permalink)

Yeah we got sarcasm in Canada, are version just catches on better I guess

Oct 2, 2010 1:12 AM ET #25 (permalink)

Zing. The closer the sarcasm cuts to the truth the sharper I find it, though like you lDb most people just think I'm serious haha.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Core forum