"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Suffocation vs Deicide vs Morbid Angel

Posted in: Forum Home >> Extreme Metal >> Suffocation vs Deicide vs Morbid Angel

Displaying 22 posts
Displaying 22 posts
May 14, 2010 4:44 AM ET #1 (permalink)

who do you think is the best

May 14, 2010 6:44 AM ET #2 (permalink)

Morbid Angel :P

May 14, 2010 7:47 AM ET #3 (permalink)

Deicide

May 14, 2010 11:47 AM ET #4 (permalink)

"Blessed are the Sick" blows away all albums from D and S all put together.

May 14, 2010 12:55 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Suffocation but I like the other two.

May 14, 2010 7:10 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Cant we have the black guitarist from Suffocation, Pete 'Commando' Sandoval's insanely awesome drumming and Benton's child-like Satanism? Haha...kidding...

I would say that Morbid Angel is the best but Ive always loved Deicide. Gateways to Annihilation is so fucking killer and you're right Patriot, Blessed... is fuckin awesome too!

May 14, 2010 8:43 PM ET #7 (permalink)

1. Morbid Angel
2. Deicide
3. Suffocation

May 14, 2010 10:38 PM ET #8 (permalink)

I've listened to a bunch of all three lately, I still say Deicide's better, though... I love "Not As Long As We Both Shall Live"

May 15, 2010 2:32 AM ET #9 (permalink)

It just seems to me, that after Once Upon the Cross, Deicide's sound got muddy, and lyrical direction just got childlike. I've never been exposed to alot of Suffocation. I do know that Smith is an absolute beast.

May 15, 2010 6:01 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Yeah I think Deicide lost their way for a bit and tried to push out records to get out of being with Roadrunner. That said, I'm a massive fan of "The Stench Of Redemption". Suffocation is awesome, you know exactly what you're going to get with them and it's a non-stop brutal wave of riffs.

May 16, 2010 4:09 AM ET #11 (permalink)

Morbid would have to be my pick, followed closely by Suffocation. Deicide are good too.

May 16, 2010 7:57 AM ET #12 (permalink)

It was awesome to see Mike Smith commenting on the Sunday Old School we did on Suffocation.

May 16, 2010 10:06 AM ET #13 (permalink)

Definitely Deicide is not in range with Suffo, and Morbid...they don’t be constant as the these previous bands, Morbid is really fucking great, but just prefer A,B, C..Suffo is my favorite

May 20, 2010 2:22 AM ET #14 (permalink)

Deicide, they are crap. Morbid Angel lacks clarity in their sound. So mine would be Suffocation!!

May 21, 2010 2:03 AM ET #15 (permalink)

They are all great in there own way.

I am a big fan of Deicide and Morbid Angel

Jun 14, 2010 12:11 AM ET #16 (permalink)

1) Suffication
2) Morbid Angel
3) Deicide

Jun 14, 2010 4:02 PM ET #17 (permalink)

"Morbid Angel lacks clarity in their sound"

You're high right?

Jun 14, 2010 7:52 PM ET #18 (permalink)

suffocation wins forever as far as live shows go. Just as soon as you start to lose yer goddamned mind from how fucking insanely heavy, fast, and badass they are, the singer starts ranting about something like gun control, being a fan of death metal, or baby fuckin jesus, so you end up losing yer goddamned mind from how out of his goddamned mind HE is. You cant help but laugh your head off. But i fucking love deicide on record the most.

Jun 16, 2010 2:10 AM ET #19 (permalink)

Morbid Angel. It goes without saying they're the awesome-est. Yeah, suffocation is good, but a couple of their albums are shit imo.

Dec 7, 2012 10:36 AM ET #20 (permalink)

ok I think Suffocation is cool but no as good as Dicide and Morbid Angel so I

Dec 10, 2012 3:13 AM ET #21 (permalink)

Well, they are all amazing bands. I couldn't pick a "best" out of the three.

With Morbid and Deicide, its like asking which kind of apple you like the best. And I don't quite put Suffocation on the same pedestal that I have placed the other two on, but they are equally as talented. So then it's like comparing said apples to applesauce. Depending on your mood, you may wish for one or the other type of apple (say red or Granny Smith) or you may wish for something different, but not TOO different (the applesauce).

The choice may not be an easy one for some people. All the bands are amazing and deserve much respect, in my opinion.

(and yes; I just compared Suffocation to applesauce hahahahaha!)

(This post was last edited on December 10, 2012 at 3:14 AM ET.)

May 3, 2013 5:23 AM ET #22 (permalink)

Morbid Angel

Reply to Discussion or Return to Extreme Metal forum