"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

is emo part of the metal society?

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> is emo part of the metal society?

Displaying posts 51 - 52 of 52 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 51 - 52 of 52 1 2 3 Last
Jun 4, 2011 11:01 AM ET #51 (permalink)

Original Emo (Emotional hardcore) bands like Fugazi were 1. Born from Punk and 2. Actually respectable musicians. Bear in mind, original emo bands like Fugazi came almost strictly from punk, so there's no Metal association.

Since my knowledge of music is primarily limited to Metal I can't tell you how the style went from decent music about political issues (Again, Fugazi kicks ass) to shitty hipsteresque hairstyles and skinny jeans singing about trivial melancholic shite like My Chemical Hoe-mance. But something happened in the late 90s/early 2000s and it all shifted.

Then another generation of musicians who were inspired by Old school Heavy Metal, Screamo and 2nd-gen emofaggotry birthed the bastard child that is Metalcore...Now you have bands like Bullet for my Faggotry and As I Lay Crying out there, being newfags, pissing off the purists and myself...

tl;dr. The answer is NO. And we barely tolerate -corefags

Jun 4, 2011 12:53 PM ET #52 (permalink)

^^WELL SAID!!!!!^^

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum