"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

is emo part of the metal society?

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> is emo part of the metal society?

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 52 1 2 3 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 52 1 2 3 Last
May 13, 2010 6:58 PM ET #1 (permalink)

emo music comes from punk and metal, right. but is there such thing as emo genre, or they just stealing the style of metals and puink?

i hate those emos...

(This post was last edited on May 13, 2010 at 6:59 PM ET.)

May 13, 2010 8:03 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Question: "is emo part of the metal society?"
Answer: That depends on if you consider metal bands that have emo influence metal. I sure as hell don't, metal is metal.

Question: Is metal part of emo society?
Answer: That depends on if you consider emo bands that have metal influence emo. I sure as hell couldn't care.

(This post was last edited on May 13, 2010 at 11:59 PM ET.)

May 13, 2010 9:02 PM ET #3 (permalink)

What is this, 2004?

May 13, 2010 11:12 PM ET #4 (permalink)

EMO, like PUNK, is all about fashion!! Therefore, IMO, EMO is not part of the metal family!!!

(This post was last edited on May 13, 2010 at 11:12 PM ET.)

May 14, 2010 12:19 AM ET #5 (permalink)

Emo is more of a fashion style than a music genre. I personally dont see any relations between Emo and Metal. Emo is it's own thing.

But I must say, Emo women are very attractive. Boing!

May 14, 2010 1:10 AM ET #6 (permalink)

^
To loosely quote one of those dudes from Dazed and Confused, a lot of them probably would be once you took all the shit off them. But girls who present themselves in a way that screams for attention just come off as childish and rather unattractive, to be honest. In my book there's a whole lot of difference between being good-looking and being attractive. Hey though, that's just me.

Edit: Not sayin' I would kick them out of bed, thing is they'd probably just be disposable and not good for anything but sex, as harsh as that sounds. Not material for any kind of good relationship. I know you didn't say otherwise Hollow, this is just me rambling, haha.

(This post was last edited on May 14, 2010 at 1:22 AM ET.)

May 14, 2010 2:10 AM ET #7 (permalink)

but, many emos are advertising themselves as a new genre of punk and metal... they say that, they have their own music style,, but for me their just imitating the way the metal ang punk do their music...

May 16, 2010 4:16 AM ET #8 (permalink)

"EMO, like PUNK, is all about fashion!!"

You couldn't be more wrong dude, punk rock is all about fashion? Stupid, go to your room and think.

May 19, 2010 6:23 AM ET #9 (permalink)

ask an emo dude before you talk... they think they have their own fucking genre...

May 19, 2010 12:34 PM ET #10 (permalink)

Emo is a meaningless term, and has been for a very long time now. These "emo" people you speak of are just insecure and attention-seeking teens for the most part. Maybe you should spend less time thinking about what you don't like, and spend more thinking about the things that make you happy.

(This post was last edited on May 19, 2010 at 1:35 PM ET.)

May 19, 2010 1:19 PM ET #11 (permalink)

spagmo, emo, like punk, is about fashion. WHO CAN LOOK THE EMOIEST OR PUNKISH! Its not about the music in the end. In the beginning the person may think they are in it for the music, but after so long they see others looking more and more a part of what the genre has become. All genres become a trend at 1 point or another and the trendys will come in and make it about their fashion sense. I look like it, so I must be it! And "everything" ends up about fashion!!

May 19, 2010 9:24 PM ET #12 (permalink)

Ummmmm............... no, you fail. I'm a punk-rocker and I don't have a mohawk or any plaid pants, I actually do love it for the music. Pretty fucked up eh

May 20, 2010 12:22 AM ET #13 (permalink)

not fkd up at all. you, if you are truthfull, not saying you are lying, are in it for the right reasons!

May 20, 2010 10:37 AM ET #14 (permalink)

I think it can't use the same tone for speak about really Punk
Punk really Influence metal..especially hardcore, crossover, and Thrash, ..yeah, maybe the structures of the song are easier than the previous genres, but in terms of context and attitude, it did it...Emo is just a joke culture about childish depression

May 20, 2010 6:15 PM ET #15 (permalink)

Emocore, punk rock, and heavy metal are all diffrent genres of music.
Metal and punk have a few connections, such as in thrash metal.
I'm not sure of any punk and emo connections, possibly from the hardcore punk origination of emocore but I'm not to sure where emo originated, I am yet to really figure that out...
However, most people who call themselves "emo" that I've met are fans of mainstream rock and deathcore, and aren't fans of much emocore at all.
I wouldn't say emocore fans or people who call themselves "emo" are part of the metal society, or the punk society.
Most of them who say metal or punk is "emo", or vice versa don't know much about genre diffrences.

May 21, 2010 4:55 AM ET #16 (permalink)

there is a different between a metal band and an emo band... metal sing about death, demon, trash talk, pagans, and many others but emo sings about heartbreak, emotional breakdown,...

i hate those fucking emo...

May 21, 2010 3:37 PM ET #17 (permalink)

The origination of emo stemmed from the hardcore punk scene in the US in the early-mid 80's. Around 83,84,85, the scene had pretty much peaked and was on it's way down, several bands started to incorporate a more melodic sound to their music. Probably the most notable of these bands were Minor Threat, they became one of the first bands to bear this new term "emotional hardcore" for their heavily emotionally charged lyrics, and in the band's latter years, more melodic guitar sound rather than raw, stripped down, power chord riffage. This term "emotional hardcore" was often called "emo-core" or just "emo" for short.

May 24, 2010 11:07 AM ET #18 (permalink)

oh, so thats where the word emo comes from!

now i get it...

Jun 1, 2010 12:02 AM ET #19 (permalink)

Emo is fucking bullshit!

Jun 1, 2010 10:38 AM ET #20 (permalink)

^ That's very ignorant, everybody has the right to listen to their own music. But, it's also very true.

Jun 1, 2010 8:27 PM ET #21 (permalink)

@trendkill91 - that's true man... yeah.. fuck those emos..

Jun 2, 2010 11:51 PM ET #22 (permalink)

my view is that i wish every little winey emo bitch would just go and slit their fuckin arms the right way and get it over with so we can put this gay ass wanna-be-metal-but-dont-have-the-balls-for-it-so-we-will-cut-ourselves-until-people-like-us fad behind us.

Jun 9, 2010 4:50 AM ET #23 (permalink)

kill those fucking emos..

Jun 19, 2010 2:37 PM ET #24 (permalink)

Punk and Metal are two separate things, Emo stemmed from punk therefore it has nothing to do with metal and the emo im assuming you hate is the pop radio shit that is nowhere near real emo or real screamo, if you do want to check out some real emo or screamo check out orchid, pg.99 and Fugazi

Oct 19, 2010 11:03 AM ET #25 (permalink)

EMO is more like somebody took Goth and exaggerated it in all the gay places.... lol
not that goth was really cool anyways... but at least Goth does kindof has its own music... the only thing EMO really has its trademark stamped on in music is fags and whiney voices lol
NOTHING METAL ABOUT THAT \m/ punk on the other hand is very metal.... only in a punk rock attitude..

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum