"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

What kind of bass is this?

Posted in: Forum Home >> Musician's Chat >> What kind of bass is this?

Displaying 5 posts
Displaying 5 posts
May 8, 2010 6:35 AM ET #1 (permalink)

http://a50.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/65/l_7eed2c11fa0aa59aa9a2fdcd93aa5321.jpg
http://www.revolvermag.com/files/images/viv03.preview.jpg

Does anyone know what kind of bass Vivian Slaughter from Gallhammer plays on?

(This post was last edited on May 8, 2010 at 6:41 AM ET.)

May 10, 2010 3:01 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Not sure but it would be easier if there was a pic of the entire bass in one shot. The 2 pics provided may be 2 different basses. The headstock in the first pic leads me to believe it's a Fender. The body style in the 2nd pic looks "Fenderesque" as well so i'd bet it's either a Fender or a knock off of a Fender.

May 11, 2010 1:46 PM ET #3 (permalink)

After looking at some other pics.. it is definatly the same bass in both photos.!
Judging by the headstock, it isnt a Fender (Fender headstocks use a completly rounded top) and the style of
the tuners I would guess its from the 70s/early 80s and made in Japan.! Quite possibly one of the many brands that
were made at that time.. Hondo, Lotus, Cort, Aria etc...

(This post was last edited on May 11, 2010 at 1:47 PM ET.)

May 11, 2010 3:08 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Then I think we both are in agreement that it's a Fender knock off. *high fives godlike*

May 18, 2010 6:40 AM ET #5 (permalink)

I'd say it's a Sadowsky bass. The headstock is definitely exactly like a Sadowsky plus the body shape is quite similar as well to some of the Sadowsky models played by Jason Newsted.
Then again, I'm a guitarist, 33 and unsigned, so what do I know... ;)

Reply to Discussion or Return to Musician's Chat forum