"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Whats the most metal city to live in?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Whats the most metal city to live in?

Displaying posts 26 - 44 of 44 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 26 - 44 of 44 1 2 Last
May 5, 2010 6:42 PM ET #26 (permalink)

Why hasn't anyone said Wacken yet?

May 5, 2010 8:07 PM ET #27 (permalink)

Um... How about Pittsburgh,PA..? Its called Steel City... Ya cant get more metal than that ;-)

Seriously tho.. Id have to agree with Bg1..!! To live in the same place that holds the greatest metal fest around.!
That would have to be the place to be \m/

May 5, 2010 8:28 PM ET #28 (permalink)

Greatest metalfest? I think we need a different thread to hash that one out! haha
You might as well live in Tolmin Slovenia for the Metal Camp Festival then...

May 5, 2010 8:52 PM ET #29 (permalink)

Well for the Flordian death metal scene, any city in Florida.
Other than that, I can't think of very many metal cities in the US, other than LA with all their glam history.
And LA is covered in steel, come to think of it.
If choosing a festival, I think Wacken is the best place to go.

May 5, 2010 10:45 PM ET #30 (permalink)

I think I may have to start a thread about this except for the fact that not everyone, including me, has been to every single metalfest. It would be a great conversation though. Hmmm....

May 6, 2010 11:23 AM ET #31 (permalink)

Metalfan653- I still stick to my post that Los Angeles is a shit hole, but there have been many great bands to come from the city before it was annexed to Mexico about ten-fifteen years ago.

The Doors, Tool, Megadeth, Slayer, WASP, Van Halen, Black Flag, etc all came from LA when it was part of America!

May 6, 2010 2:07 PM ET #32 (permalink)

well I just found out last night at the Cattle Decapitation show that their new bassist is from my city St.louis! We just got a little more metal, but I still think I will move somewhere someday just to experience something new

May 7, 2010 2:06 PM ET #33 (permalink)

How about Birmingham? That's were it all really started (Black Sabbath) plus having visited there in the late 90s, sure looked like metal to me!

May 11, 2010 12:31 PM ET #34 (permalink)

Wacken... Hands down best metalfest.

Wolf: Lol. Birmingham's a fucking shit hole. Almost as bad a Pittsburgh. lol.

May 11, 2010 12:54 PM ET #35 (permalink)

Wacken shmackin, it's all about Warped Tour for the best metal yo. I mean, it has Whitechapel. WHITECHAPEL. And Attack Attack! You can't argue with that, chaps.

May 11, 2010 3:30 PM ET #36 (permalink)

Nat: Please hand me the cleaver so that I can chop off my right arm at the elbow rather then brave a Warped Tour.

Dec 1, 2012 7:19 PM ET #37 (permalink)

Texas is quite metal. Despite all the hipsters and fratboys Austin is really metal and a lot of tours come here. It's a great music city

Dec 3, 2012 4:15 AM ET #38 (permalink)

Wacken

pretty self explanatory

also LONDON

Dec 3, 2012 9:14 AM ET #39 (permalink)

must say eindhoven holland the famous dynamo overthere tonight testament and anthrax

Dec 7, 2012 11:24 AM ET #40 (permalink)

Monterrey Mexico for sure..... there is Lead and the Gunpowder everywhere jajajajaja

Dec 22, 2012 12:22 AM ET #41 (permalink)

Vancouver for sure, heavy metal capitol of Canada by far

Jan 11, 2013 3:08 PM ET #42 (permalink)

montreal quebec canada is pretty metal.... always a good show, local and huge banfs... many local acts as well...not to mention the bars full of metal:)

Jan 12, 2013 11:32 AM ET #43 (permalink)

eindhoven and dessel belgium

Jan 12, 2013 3:31 PM ET #44 (permalink)

im going to repeat. London.. it gave the world Maiden..

honorable mentions go to gothenburg, Oslo and Bergen

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum