"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Whats the most metal city to live in?

Posted in: Forum Home >> General Discussion >> Whats the most metal city to live in?

Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 44 1 2 Last
Displaying posts 1 - 25 of 44 1 2 Last
May 4, 2010 11:07 AM ET #1 (permalink)

I want to get out of the midwest. What is the most metal city to live in? I need to move there.

May 4, 2010 12:46 PM ET #2 (permalink)

Depends on what exactly you're into. Some cities cater more to different types of metal.

May 4, 2010 2:21 PM ET #3 (permalink)

NYC or LA, probably. They have lots of steel there. That's what the buildings are made of. :P

May 4, 2010 2:22 PM ET #4 (permalink)

Come to Canada. Metal is huge over here, preferably Quebec or British Columbia.

May 4, 2010 2:23 PM ET #5 (permalink)

yeah here in houston there's a bunch of local brutal death metal bands and ALLOOT of -core

May 4, 2010 3:49 PM ET #6 (permalink)

^ Of Raven & Ruins are the best H-town has to offer, that I've heard anyway. The Final Plague were pretty sweet too, too bad they had to go and break up. Oh, and Carry the Storm.

(This post was last edited on May 4, 2010 at 3:54 PM ET.)

May 4, 2010 4:14 PM ET #7 (permalink)

^^^Pinhead as well, or are they out of Houston?

May 4, 2010 4:45 PM ET #8 (permalink)

Well, I know that they play Houston a lot, but I couldn't tell ya if they're based there or not. You played shows with them before?

May 4, 2010 5:51 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Yeah, love the masks.

May 4, 2010 6:45 PM ET #10 (permalink)

You need to try Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. *rimshot for joke :P*

May 4, 2010 6:57 PM ET #11 (permalink)

Its far fetched but Helsinki has the Tuska Metal Fest in their town square. So, I would say thats the most metal city on earth. Black Metal was birthed in Bergen Norway so...I would think Gothenburg or Stolkholm Sweden would be pretty fuckin' metal too.

The Pacific Northwest has a ton of good bands. Quite a few of them are signed to Southern Lord records and Moribund. Good black metal here in Seattle and Portland.

May 4, 2010 6:57 PM ET #12 (permalink)

must say the ciity of light
eindhoven holland
talk to every us metal band who will travel europe eindhoven dynamo the place to be

May 4, 2010 10:44 PM ET #13 (permalink)

Whitehorse, cuz I live here..........

May 5, 2010 1:20 AM ET #14 (permalink)

Stuttgart, Germany. Good God, big and small, everyone goes there.

May 5, 2010 6:51 AM ET #15 (permalink)

Taipei

-Earthquakes and typhoons are very metal.
-Plenty of forests and mountains, on outskirts. Very black metal.
-Intense heat and humidity makes it feel like hell during the summer. Hell is metal!
-Seriously though, we promote metal very well and have a large amount of quality bands. It is also a very safe place to live.

May 5, 2010 12:04 PM ET #16 (permalink)

@Meggidaan

You are so right about Sweden. I'm half Swedish (probably should've included that on my intro) and they are obsessed with metal. Gothenburg (actually written G├Âteborg) is a metal place, as is Stockholm. Awesome places, both with an awesome theme park as well. But yeah, pretty metal. Head-banged with random guys on the street, who I didn't even know. The Swedes kick ass.

May 5, 2010 12:31 PM ET #17 (permalink)

I would say Pompei. There is nothing more metal than being buried in a volcanic eruption

May 5, 2010 12:48 PM ET #18 (permalink)

yeah I was thinking north west coast, the midwest certainly is brutal, the nature is cool but the people only listen to easy listening and country

May 5, 2010 1:29 PM ET #19 (permalink)

fireflyz: I know what you mean. I'm from Iowa, and I only know one person other than myself who listens to metal. Everybody else listens to country, pop, rap, or radio rock.

May 5, 2010 1:36 PM ET #20 (permalink)

I live in Southern California and metal is pretty popular, but so is mariache (AKA beaner) music LOL

Firefly you should come here, just stay away from Los Angeles. That place is a shithole

(This post was last edited on May 5, 2010 at 1:38 PM ET.)

May 5, 2010 4:04 PM ET #21 (permalink)

LA sucks big green donkey dicks!

May 5, 2010 4:07 PM ET #22 (permalink)

Actually, Atlanta is a great metal city. If you can stand the insufferable heat.

May 5, 2010 4:36 PM ET #23 (permalink)

Georgia has had some pretty great bands come out of it. Baroness, Mastodon, Daath, etc. off of the top of my head.

May 5, 2010 4:53 PM ET #24 (permalink)

It gets hot in Atlanta? I always thought they had big roaches, but never really noticed the heat. Hmmm...

May 5, 2010 6:27 PM ET #25 (permalink)

Ive always thought of moving to Vancouver BC so I could "accidently" run into Devin Townsend or Gene Hoglan...that would be pretty fuckin' awesome. I have so many questions for those two dudes..

Reply to Discussion or Return to General Discussion forum