"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

How fast is this site for you?

Posted in: Forum Home >> Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback >> How fast is this site for you?

Displaying 9 posts
Displaying 9 posts
May 4, 2010 10:33 AM ET #1 (permalink)

Over the past week I've been doing some housecleaning on Metalunderground.com and focusing on speeding things up a bit. I've got some more to do, but I wanted to ask you all:

1. Can you see a difference in speed?

- and -

2. How fast is this site to you (compared to other sites)? Please note your connection type and device. I'm well aware it may be a bit heavy on mobile devices (I can really only test on my iTouch connected to my local network, not a phone's network). I'd like to hear your opinions regardless of devices used.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

May 4, 2010 6:16 PM ET #2 (permalink)

kinda hard for me to notice any improvements to speed as i usually always have dc++ running all day which kinda slows things down a tad but the page still loads pretty damn fast a second or two most of the time, better than most other pages i frequent actually. and my connection is through a wireless high speed provider which licks balls, according to my network meter my d/l bandwidth usually hovers around the 300-500 kb/s range depending on the weather.

May 4, 2010 7:29 PM ET #3 (permalink)

It's always been fast for me, and it's nice that there aren't ever any issues connecting to the site, unlike Metal Sucks and The Metal Archives.

May 4, 2010 9:09 PM ET #4 (permalink)

I don't wanna lie - we've had our share of down time too for various reasons, but it's been going well for a while now (not to jinx it). I'm glad things seem fast for you guys. I'm still interested in hearing from others. Thanks.

May 4, 2010 10:42 PM ET #5 (permalink)

Yeah this site's always seemed pretty fast for me.

May 5, 2010 12:06 PM ET #6 (permalink)

Site has been pretty slow to me until recently, fast as hell. I have a pretty good wireless hook-up here, and it is faster than the other forums I visit.

May 12, 2010 3:37 AM ET #7 (permalink)

This site is too fast for me. So many people saying lots of intelligent things, I can't keep up!

May 12, 2010 3:37 PM ET #8 (permalink)

LOL. I would say "thanks" if I didn't smell some sarcasm there.

On the speed note, I've put some timers in the footer. The execution timer has always been there, but now I've added a timer for how long the page takes to load. I'm sure everyone posting here are regulars and have the site graphics and stuff cached, so the site should be pretty quick for you all anyway. But if it does seem slow, let me know what page and what the load times are by copying the footer timers in here. Thanks.

May 14, 2010 1:30 PM ET #9 (permalink)

Yah, this site always been fine for me. The only thing I'd have to say is a few times I've logged in it takes a bit but then its seams to be fine.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Bugs Reports, Suggestions, and Feedback forum