"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Hip-Hop

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> Hip-Hop

Displaying posts 101 - 115 of 115 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Displaying posts 101 - 115 of 115 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Aug 29, 2011 6:34 PM ET #101 (permalink)

lulz

Sep 1, 2011 7:45 AM ET #102 (permalink)

I have to agree with ZMA, Tech N9ne ist great! Definitely the best rapper! I don't listen to rap as much as I used to. I just don't like this new stuff like Lil wayne. I love Eminem, but the last too albums weren't that good. But the Bad Meets Evil EP is sick. Apart from that, I listen to Tech and some Texas Rap (UGK, Chamillionaire, Trae). I really like Those artist. And a bit old school like Wu Tang.

Sep 1, 2011 2:09 PM ET #103 (permalink)

ZMA

P333, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes Tech N9ne around here. I'm a die hard technician. His new album kills. I haven't listened to Chamillionaire in a while but I did like his stuff. I actually need to listen to more Wu Tang cause I can't name one song by them and that sorta bothers me.

Sep 1, 2011 3:30 PM ET #104 (permalink)

@ZMA: I started to listen to Tech N9ne when I downloaded K.O.D. I really loved it and i bought Anghellic, Everready, K.O.D., Killer & and lately All 6's and 7's. And now I absolutely love him. His style is perfect. To every beat he has the perfect flow. I agree, his new album is sick! I read a lot of bullshit because of the features. But after I heard it, it's another masterpiece. About chamillionaire... Everybody knows him just because of Ridin ( don't get me wrong, a sick track), but he has alot of great tracks apart from that. His mixtape messiah series is genius! Check it out! Mixtape Messiah 2,3 and 7 are officially available for free. And I recently started to listen to 36 Chambers by the Clan, and I need to get deeper, so I'm a Clan noob to. But their debut is sick! It deserves to be called a masterpiece

(This post was last edited on September 1, 2011 at 4:37 PM ET.)

Sep 1, 2011 4:06 PM ET #105 (permalink)

Oh I fuck with Tech N9ne! And The Cunnin Lynguists

(This post was last edited on September 1, 2011 at 4:06 PM ET.)

Sep 1, 2011 5:23 PM ET #106 (permalink)

ZMA

P333, good shit dude. My friend had Caribou Lou on a burned cd in his car like a year ago, and apparently it stuck in my head because like 3 months later, I remembered it and looked up on youtube. After I went to FYE to see which cd it was on, and I listened to all the samplers off Everready and I loved it. Now I've got Everready, Killer, Sickology 101 (one of my favs), K.O.D., Gates Mixed Plate, and All 6's & 7's. He's one of the best all around rappers in the business right now IMO.
I got into Chamillionaire with Hip-Hop Police. Catchy song. Honestly I've only heard mostly singles from him that have music vids and stuff. I remember listening to 1 or 2 songs off his albums that weren't singles and liking them, but that was a while ago. I'll have to check out those mixtapes you're talkin' about bro. At least you actually listen to Wu Tang. I like rap but I've never really sat down and listened to them.

GC, The Cunnin Lynguists?

Sep 1, 2011 8:30 PM ET #107 (permalink)

ZMA, look them up if you like Tech N9ne.

Sep 2, 2011 8:06 AM ET #108 (permalink)

ZMA you should get Anghellic by Tech. Older album by him, but totally fire! Now I need to get Absolute Power by Tech and the Collabos you mentioned (Gates, Sickology). Tech's really a genius. What are your favorite tracks so far?
About Chamillionaire, he's also good. I don't know much about the mainstream hip hop, but his mixtape messiah series is about beats from other rappers, but he really kills them. But his 2 solo albums are also great.
Apart from Wu Tang, I also don't listen to much old school, I don't know why. I guess I should give it a go...

Sep 4, 2011 8:24 PM ET #109 (permalink)

I like some Ill Bill and Jedi Mind Tricks but I haven't listened to much hip hop.

Sep 6, 2011 4:05 PM ET #110 (permalink)

ZMA

Yea P333, I like Angelic I just haven't got around to buying the album. I also need Misery Loves Kompany. God it's hard to figure out favorite Tech N9ne tracks. I like almost all the songs I've heard from him.
I guess these are some highlights.
No Can Do
My World
The Waitress
Sickology 101
Ghetto Love
Dysfunctional
Strange Music Box
In The Trunk
Jumpin' Jax
Harvey Dent
Worldwide Choppers
I Love Music

Those songs are awesome. But honestly I can listen to all his albums all the way through and be satisfied every time. I also like the fact that he does stuff that has rock and metal influence. Like the song he did with Hed P.E. and on the new album with The Deftones. He was supposed to do stuff with Corey Taylor from Slipknot too. But it never happened. Oh and that song off Everready, Riot Makers. Got a good rock beat. Tech knows how to get heavy. It'd be crazy to see someone do an actual metal song with him. But it'd have to be done perfect because that can easy be messed up.

Yea older rap is great. I like the new rap beats but most of the lyrics and artists rapping on them suck.

Actually most of Tech's strang music artists are good. I'd recommend any of them.

If I remember later I'm gonna download that Messiah mixtape. See how it is.

Sep 7, 2011 12:04 PM ET #111 (permalink)

Yeah Riot Maker is great. I also have to agree on No Can Do, My World, they're really great!
I also like Psycho Bitch (I and II), Einstein Tech N9ne and Paint A Dark Picture.
Tech has some sick flows.

I agree, I also like most of his songs, and I didn't hear one song of which I thought: Man this song is lame.

Sep 7, 2011 2:19 PM ET #112 (permalink)

ZMA

Exactly. Even his worst song is listenable lol.

There's talk that he might be doing a Psycho Bitch III, possibly for Welcome To Stangeland. That would be sick. I'm hoping for a really amazing Collab CD this year since 6's & 7's did so good.
I'd get Angelic for Einstein only that song is so good, and Paint A Dark Picture is great too. I love that he can get really dark, and then still have those bumpin' party songs. Even the dark songs bump haha.

Tech would fit perfectly into a metal song. He's got the image and the ability to do it.

Sep 8, 2011 9:52 AM ET #113 (permalink)

For Einstein only? Damn this song is sick but there is also other great stuff, I think you'll love it! Damn I have to get those Collabos...

Sep 13, 2011 3:46 PM ET #114 (permalink)

ZMA

Yea I know, but Einstein is my favorite track off that album. The whole thing is good of course.

Sep 14, 2011 11:23 AM ET #115 (permalink)

Tyler, The Creator is great.

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum