"some music was meant to stay underground..."

Metal Underground.com Forum

Our newly launched forum is a place to freely discuss topics that are not directly in the news. Posting messages in the forum requires a free Metalunderground.com membership. You can still discuss news articles by posting comments on the respective articles (with or without a login).

Please view the forum rules before posting. Spamming, trolling or personal attacks may result in deletion of messages, loss of membership privledges, and/or a permanent ban.

Your permissions: while not logged in as a member, you may only read the forums. (Log in/Sign Up)

Hip-Hop

Posted in: Forum Home >> Non-Metal Music Discussion >> Hip-Hop

Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 115 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Displaying posts 76 - 100 of 115 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Mar 17, 2011 11:14 AM ET #76 (permalink)

Nate Dogg will be missed. i'll drink to him tonight.

May 12, 2011 6:28 PM ET #77 (permalink)

ZMA

Ok so apparently I'm not the only rap fan here. Thanks again to Oz for showing me this thread.

Aw Nate Dogg was the last post. Sucks he died, he was good. Thug Mansion with him and 2pac is a good song.

Anyway I don't know if anyones seen me mention this......but I love Tech N9ne lol. Best rapper in the game right now. His new album is coming out June 6. I highly recommend him to anyone who likes rap.

May 16, 2011 5:42 PM ET #78 (permalink)

Sorry, no. Though some old school rap/hip-hop is ok (love Body Count), 99% of it, especially nowadays, is repetitive and annoying. Same beats ALL the time. Little in the way of clever or intelligent lyrics. Anyone who's read Dr. Suess and has the right computer software and 2 hours of spare time can make a modern rap/hip-hop song. No artistry or musicianship required. And live performances? Please. I can't count how many of these so-called "artists" I've seen actually just sing along on stage to their own recorded track, and not even sing half of it themselves! To me that's worse than lip-syncing.

May 17, 2011 12:40 AM ET #79 (permalink)

ZMA

I know how you feel Crushem. But that's why I'm such a big Tech N9ne fan. He's a master MC and a great lyricist. The beats that he chooses are seem unique and the some of the guys he's chosen as producers of his beats got their start from him, like Michael Seven Summers. He can also really entertain a crowd. His concerts are great.
His lyrics make a lot of sense and he's really great at telling stories in his music. The Waitress is a good example of that. Plus he actually sings his stuff during his shows.

May 17, 2011 12:01 PM ET #80 (permalink)

Saul Williams FTW!!

May 17, 2011 7:34 PM ET #81 (permalink)

Been listening to alot of nerdcore lately. mc chris in particular, so fucking good!

May 17, 2011 8:02 PM ET #82 (permalink)

if udk about him oz, u should rlly check out saul williams. raw as shit.

May 18, 2011 5:07 PM ET #83 (permalink)

Ok ZMA I'll check 'em out.

May 19, 2011 7:26 AM ET #84 (permalink)

Checked Saul Williams out nh, wasn't too impressed to be honest.

May 19, 2011 1:17 PM ET #85 (permalink)

whatta surprise!! =\ lol NOTHING impresses u man lmao

May 19, 2011 4:34 PM ET #86 (permalink)

Haha! You think I'm bad with music, you should go to the movies with me!

May 20, 2011 5:18 AM ET #87 (permalink)

Oz, did you just ask Nh out?

Crushem, you're absolutely right.
Programs like Pro Tools and Cubase (probably Logic as well) come with drum machines / beats that can be heard all over the recent Hip-hop releases. And since there's this simplified style in Hip-Hop / R&B going on now, recording all that crap couldn't be easier.

There's something about it that's so.... pathetic. Music made based on templates.

May 20, 2011 11:19 AM ET #88 (permalink)

well woflie, at least oz being a gentleman.

May 20, 2011 12:11 PM ET #89 (permalink)

Absolutely, Nh. Then again, I'd expect nothing less...

Jun 1, 2011 11:23 AM ET #90 (permalink)

Favorites: Immortal Technique, Tech N9ne, Tupac, Jedi Mind Tricks, Mobb Deep, Bone Thugs n' Harmony, Eazy-E

Also for those who aren't on my facebook, I made a Tupac/Decapitated mashup and uploaded it on youtube. Check this shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1nzZws2PBI

Jun 11, 2011 6:44 PM ET #91 (permalink)

Just been to see the legendary Grandmaster Flash. Alot of fun and my legs hurt from bouncing so much, but I was hoping for alot more of his own stuff.

Aug 19, 2011 5:35 PM ET #92 (permalink)

Just watched a pretty sweet program called How Hip Hop Changed The World, which was presented by Idris Elba (The Wire, Rock 'N Rolla, Thor amongst other things). It was more of a countdown of most important moments in the genre that what it said on the tin, but it was interesting to see how stuff like marketing and art was changed forever by Hip Hop. Check it out if you can find it online.

Aug 20, 2011 12:20 AM ET #93 (permalink)

That actually sounds kinda interesting.

Anyone mentioned K-Os yet?

Aug 25, 2011 6:35 PM ET #94 (permalink)

John Lajoie bizznitches....and T-Paste :P

I like rap. In high school I was into Lil John and DMX lol. Stuff still cracks me up.

Aug 26, 2011 1:50 AM ET #95 (permalink)

hahaha show me your genitals lol

Aug 26, 2011 8:00 AM ET #96 (permalink)

Guns don't kill people, nuh-uh.

I kill people *ch ch*

With guns (pow)

Aug 26, 2011 10:18 AM ET #97 (permalink)

Oh god, as soon as I saw "guns don't kill people" this was all I could think of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ83KXUloP8

Fucking Welsh.

Aug 26, 2011 3:41 PM ET #98 (permalink)

Speaking of Welsh, I think my mom is courting a Welshman...Yes, I made fun of her.

Aug 27, 2011 8:43 PM ET #99 (permalink)

If he says "is it?" at the end of every sentence and shags sheep, then yes, he be Welsh.

Aug 27, 2011 11:07 PM ET #100 (permalink)

ZMA

HAHA at Iron!

Reply to Discussion or Return to Non-Metal Music Discussion forum